MAC Cosmetics Studio Sculpt Defining Bronzing Powder in Delicates

MAC Cosmetics Studio Sculpt Defining Bronzing Powder in Delicates
Studio Sculpt Defining Bronzing Powder in DelicatesStudio Sculpt Defining Bronzing Powder in DelicatesStudio Sculpt Defining Bronzing Powder in Delicates

on 9/24/2017 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My favourite contour powder.
I always thought matte contour (or sculpting) powders where "better", until I tried delicates. I'm tan and this look sooooo natural on me. I definitely get a contour but it's not an ashy matte shadow down my cheekbone, and it doen'st look powdery like many matte contours tend to.

I still have plenty of this because it was limited edition so I try to save it for special ocasions. I'm on the hunt for a Delicates dupe.

on 5/18/2015 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

The Studio Sculpt Defining Bronzing Powder in the shade Delicates is one of MAC's newest product and is part of the just in-store-released collection: Wash & Dry.

When I saw Christine's review and the final grade - F - for Delicates, the only thing I was eagerly waiting to arrive in the stores, I knew there was no way I would buy it. Not a slight chance. I crossed it from my list, from my mind and heart. I haven't bothered to see the collection in person either - not one product seemed to appeal me nor I needed anything from the collection. But, apparently I needed the exact bronzer I knew I wouldn't buy, as I returned home with Delicates in my bag. So, what happened?

I have not encountered any of the problems Christine/Temptalia reported and I cite "The texture is stiff, thin, and hardens incredibly easily; I had to jab at the panís surface with a metal spatula to get enough visible color for swatches. Itís this texture that is the real bane of this product, because I couldnít get color out of this with a brush as a result." I trust Temptalia's judgement's 98% - she is the only blogger who tells the truth and to whom I can relate, when it comes to grades and performance, as the grade proved numerous times to be (more or less) adequate.

The Studio Sculpt Defining Bronzing Powder I tried in store was nowhere near what she described. Both of the shades (Delicates and Golden Rinse) were satin and almost creamy to touch. The pigmentation was extremely good (as I expected equal to none) and the blendability was superb. To apply on my face I used the limited edition split fiber brush 126 and the brush applied the product good, but I haven't noticed any difference in the application regarding bristle type. It applied semi-sheer so you can easily dose how bronze you want to look. At home I use either Real Techniques Multitask brush or the Ecotools bronzer brush. I went for the shade Delicates as I found the Golden Rinse to lean red on me.

The shade is a good neutral bronze-brown color without any noticeable orange undertone. Swatched on wrist it seems like to have a metallic finish, but on face it is pure satin. It doesn't accentuate any pores, in fact it makes the skin look super smooth and healthy. I am NC20, currently NC25, and the shade gives me a nice bronzed AND sculpted look, as I use it as a bronzer and a contour powder.

I think it is the perfect product for the upcoming summer and I am astonished Temptalia received such a faulty product. I hope most of you, despite her bad review, still decided to see and try their collection and gave the Studio Sculpt Defining Bronzing Powders a chance, as they perform beautifully.

The Bottom Line:
It is a beautiful satin-feel bronzer perfect for achieving a sophisticated yet natural glow. There is no orange undertone present, and it can double as a bronzer and contour powder for light and medium skin tone as the shade leans neutral. I get great wear time (8+) nevertheless the base underneath, and it applies nicely with any brush, both synthetic and natural bristled.

I bought mine in store for about US$39/EUR 36. I do recommend it - I like it more than my Too Faced Chocolate Soleil as it is more user friendly, and would repurchase it in an instant.