72%

price range

Reviews

2.0

2 years ago

I'm of South East Asian descent early 30s My skin in the last 4 years has been very dry/dehydrated. I don't wear alot of makeup but do wear. Pm: squaline oil or rosehip oil + LRP Nutric or Lush CP Am: LRP Nurtric or Lush Charity pot + Sunscreen I've been using Josie Maran sunscreen for 5+ years, it's great - I like that moisturized "beaming" look without makeup. I thought to try to find something new, saw the great review for this and had great hopes for it. Boy did it leave an awful cast and it felt really drying after an hour... So it had to be returned. I did buy another bottle of the JM but at the same time got a sample of the Drunk Elephant and will do a review on it in a couple weeks

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination

HairBlack

EyesBlack

1.0

2 years ago

This sunscreen is likely best for those of you with super dry skin not prone to break outs. I have the opposite skintype. Needless to say, Im really not a fan of this. Before even applying it to my face I noticed there was a major white cast sampling it on the back of my hand. But I hoped it'd blend in once on my face. It takes a LOT of blending to make this "disappear" on me...and I'm paler than NC10. It honestly feels like an average drugstore sunscreen to me, and that's not good. I found it heavy, greasy, and as if it left a film on my skin. My pores could not breathe. I broke out pretty horribly using this. The following ingredients in it cause hell for my acne: coconut derivatives, plant extracts, oils, vitamin e, and shea butter. Acne-prone gals (and guys) beware if those tend to clog your pores. Below is a full ingredient list. Active ingredients: Zinc/Titanium Dioxide Inactive ingredients: Water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Steareth-2, Dimethicone, Squalane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Alumina, Ceteareth-20, Colloidal Oatmeal, Urea, Allantoin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Copaifera Officinalis (Balsam Copaiba) Resin, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Ceramide NP, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Caprylyl Glycol, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Laureth-7, Methicone, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, EDTA.

About reviewer (514 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

1.0

2 years ago

Unfortunately, I had an allergic reaction to this - this was the second time a mineral sunscreen gave me a rash so I'm assuming they're just not for me, even though they are generally considered safer for those with sensitive skin. I managed to apply this twice before it made my skin feel hot to the touch and bumpy (exactly the same reaction I had to the other mineral sunscreen), but even without the allergic reaction, this moisturizer would not have been a favourite. It does feel quite thick and paste-y; I could definitely tell I was wearing product on my face, yet at the same time my skin felt dry and in need of moisture. While it might be a good option for those looking for an alternative to chemical sunscreens, I would not recommend it to a friend because of how heavy it felt going on.

About reviewer (96 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

3.0

2 years ago

Advantages: * Soothing * Great ingredients, actually full-spectrum * Moisturising * Non-irritating Disadvantages: * Couldn't blend in * Make my skin oily I have sensitive, combination, rosacea-prone skin (like most other reviewers!). After extensive research into chemical vs. physical sunscreens, I decided to look for a moisturising full-spectrum sunscreen with at least 15% zinc oxide and preferably some titanium oxide as well. This moisturiser fit the criteria, and the ingredient list is best in class, so I gave it try. But it takes me 3 minutes to blend it in, even on a clean and dry face! I tried the "warming in your palms" trick, no luck. All day I was told "hey, did you know you have something white on your face...". On top of any other products, forget it - it all pills off. On the plus side, is soothing and gentle, but on the downside, it also makes me super-oily. I'll save the rest of the bottle for a holiday when I need some serious SPF and have time to blend blend blend, but won't be re-purchasing. It's worth trying it for yourself though.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Other

2 years ago

I finally found my hug sunscreen! This is hydrating yet doesn’t clog my pores. It doesn’t leave a white cast like typical mineral sunscreen. As long you blend it well you will not end up with white face. I love love love it! Please do not stop making this FAB!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBrown

2 years ago

Use to use Rodan+Fields Soothe Mineral Sunscreen but wanted something more accessible that I didn't have to wait to be shipped to my house. This is thick, super sticky, hard to blend and ridiculously white. I use this over an oil controlling moisturizer that has a little bit of spf itself and believe it or not I love it. This doesn't make me greasy, break me out or cause any sensitivity which for me completely outweighs the drawbacks for me.

About reviewer (416 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

3 years ago

I love this stuff. It is a combo sunscreen/moisturizer so I'm not sure why anyone would put additional sunscreen or moisturizer on with this. It is very moisturizing which is great for me as my skin tends towards the dehydrated side. Love the fact that it is SPF 40. Sinks into skin and leaves a great surface for applying foundation. No white cast. All around great product.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I have used this a lot. It is thick and a little hard to squeeze out of tube. It is a bit hard to spread. and I think it is a bit shiny and left a bit of a white residue, however, I liked this while on my husbands motorcycle. I felt it protected my skin from the wind and sun. I liked that is was a bit thicker. I didn't find this irritating to my sensitive skin a tube did last me all spring and summer. I still did use sunblock over it though.

About reviewer (95 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

3.0

3 years ago

During my epic search for mineral sunscreens that won't break me out, I used First Aid Beauty's Mineral Sunscreen spf40. I have oily, sensitive, breakout-prone skin and have ALWAYS had difficulty finding a decent sunscreen. This one was not bad but not the best. Pros for me: - Did not break me out - No problematic pore-clogging ingredients - Mineral-based, physical sunscreen Cons: - Sticky, heavy texture that stays that way all day - For me, not very good under makeup The extremely inelegant, heavy and sticky texture is not going to work for me. If there were no better sunscreens, I would probably use it since the dealbreaker is breakouts and I don't think this broke me out. But I have found at least one other that I like, so I won't be repurchasing this.

About reviewer (132 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlack

3 years ago

Love this sunscreen for my super sensitive skin! PROS: -doesnt break me out (only the second sunscreen ive tried that hasnt) -doesn't leave a white cast once blended in -texture is whipped, so smooth and moisturizing -works well under makeup -price is not bad for how much product you get -am i the only one who thinks the FAB packaging is super cute? like kind of vintage Captain America? (idek) Cons: can't think of any! Could be expensive to some, but good sun protection that doesnt irritate the skin IMO is priceless

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age19-24