Urban Decay Afterglow 8-hour blush in Rapture

Urban Decay Afterglow 8-hour blush in Rapture

4.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isoeicosane, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Polyisobutene, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Methicone, Tin Oxide..May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet)]

amazing color for my nc20 skin not over bower although you might think its soo much bec its kind dark but girlllllllll no its just perfect to give you that flush elegant look without even trying

on 4/2/2017 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

HG!!! I am not a blush aficionado and I'm not terribly good at working with it, but this is idiot-proof and makes me look healthy. I'm very pale, so sometimes it's hard for me to find something that isn't too bold and clownish. Anything that is stiff or streaky stands out on me, too. This color isn't as bold as it appears in the package; it goes on more sheer than you might guess but is totally buildable. Most importantly to me, it's *super* blendable and easy to work with - very forgiving if you make a mistake. In appearance, it's similar to NARS Sin - a blue/purple based mauve with some very fine shimmer but not glitter. And I do like Sin, but this formula is even better (and cheaper per ounce). And, as its name suggests, it lasts very well, so I look glowy, healthy, and put-together all day long. LOVE!

on 3/16/2016 11:13:00 AM

This is THE one. The blush that I have been looking for that most accurately matches my natural flush. I can't believe it! Not least because it's a shimmer mauve...

I was looking just out of curiosity at UD blushers because I was reminded of a few shades I owned years ago that I loved (Quickie and Score- ). But the one that caught my eye in online swatches was Rapture. In the pan it reminded me a little of Sleek Antique- which looked awful on me. A total muddy, dirty mess. In store I was pretty unconvinced but thought I should give it a go anyway as the pictures other women had put up were so lovely.

I am so thrilled that I did. It makes me look healthy, alive and just flatters my complexion in a subtle but effective way. The texture of the blush is just right in my opinion. It's easy to build gently without going overboard or feeling like nothing is going on. Blends amazingly. Really perfect. You don't notice the shimmer on- it is very delicately integrated.

I'm so just happy with it! I own a tonne of blushers across so many brands (Estee Lauder, MAC, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, NARS, Chanel + practically every drugstore brand) and I don't remember when I was last this satisfied with one of them.

I'm definitely going to investigate some of the other shades in the range because the formula is ++++

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have been looking for a purple-mauve blush for awhile, and I came across Rapture. I have to say, it's grown on me a lot. I didn't like it at first because it seemed to go sallow on my warm-medium skin (NC30-35), but I think I just wasn't used to the shade. Now, I think it's a great winter blush when I'm closer to NC30, and it gives me a pretty flushed look. Because it leans purple, it doesn't quite make me look naturally flushed, but the effect is flattering, especially when I pair with a dark purple toned lipstick.

As for pigmentation, I don't find that it is overly pigmented. It does take a stiffer brush to pick up the color, and I like to use my Ecotools blush brush. This could be a disadvantage to some, but I like that the end effect is subtle and buildable. I also like the packaging - it is minimalistic and not bulky. I prefer my products to come without brushes because I always use my own, anyway.

on 12/6/2016 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Gee, I feel bad, like I am going to rain on everyone's parade here. I tried UD eyeshadows once in a small palette and could not believe the dust up, esply for the price, no mirror or tool. Thus I hesitated to buy this blush tho the reviews were great, so I took the chance as I was in a serious search for a mauve shade, this is a deep mauve & I read that you only had to tap yr brush in it to get good color. The powder certainly behaves better than that in the eyeshadows. But I do NOT find it to be strongly pigmented at all and I am light medium complexion. So I have to apply a LOT, like at least three swipes and then check and then gee, another one with a pretty loaded brush. Not pleased. I didnt mind the thought of a little shimmer, since I usually wear a highlighter so I thought the tiny glimmers in it would save me a step. No. They dont show up at all so I must wear a highlighter if I want a glowy look.

'pretty loaded brush'...Re that: Why, WHY, when one spends more money on makeup these days ($32 for this baby) does one get no tools for application, even if many of us use ones we prefer? ABH puts great ones in her e/s palettes, what's so tough about adding a brush of fairly decent quality? And the real aggravator for me...no mirror! Oh come on UD, a mirror? The package is like a platinum finish so no fingerprints, great magnetic closure, but no mirror, no brush is a big drawback for me as I am on a budget. Well we all want to get value for our money no matter our budget.

Summation: The shade is lovely but the pigment is medium at best. No tool to apply, no mirror to look in, gotta carry more in the makeup bag. Does not last even 4 hours on me so I would def'ly need to bring tools if I went out for more than a few errands. Price is exorbitant considering what has been left out, so I would NOT repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Being a big fan of the UD Afterglow gel/cream blush that was discontinued, I wanted to try the newer powder formulas to see if I was going to like them as much. Fortunately, I was lucky enough to buy all 12 shades from a makeup artist for the price of 2 (!!! I know, I know).

I have to say that these are my favorite blushes of all time.

Upon first inspection, they didn't seem as pigmented when swatching as I had anticipated. But upon actually using them and applying them with the RealTecnique's blush brush I found them to have amazing color payoff.

The pigmentation is sheer, but it's definitely there.
Blush isn't supposed to look clown like and because we've all become accustomed to extemely pigmented blushes from drugstore and higher end brands, this may seem as a total let down to some right off the bat when swatching or trying for the first time.

Here's the thing though...the pigmentation is sheer in a natural looking way! It's also incredibly buildable. These finely milled powders feel like silk and blend out more naturally than any blush I've ever tried. Hands down. It takes very little effort to get this blush blended out. This blush would be hard pressed (ha) to leave any hard lines when applied and blended out, even the bright shades.

I found this particular shade, Rapture, to be one of my favorites (along with Fetish, Indecent, Video, Quickie and Obsessed). It's a deeper mauve shade with micro shimmer that is extremely flattering on my skin. For reference I'm an NC20 in MAC and lean toward yellow undertones though I typically try to go more neutral. I don't find it to be too sparkly and in fact, none of the shades that have shimmer TOO sparkly, IMO, which is a total plus.

This is a beautiful shade for a multitude of skin tones. Though, if you're extremely fair and typically choose the lightest shade of foundation available, you might find this a bit too dark for you unless you plan to use it as more of a contouring shade (rather than using a contour) and applying a lighter shade above to give your blush a little more depth and definition.

The Afterglow blush does not look powerdery, nor does it accentuate fine lines or pores. It has almost an airbrushed effect to it when it's blended out.l that I really really love.

The wear time is insane. Finding a blush that lasts more than 4 hours on my combo skin is a challenge, yet with these blushes, I found it to last a good 12 hours without fading. 16 hours all together before I would feel the need to reapply. 16 hours! That's unheard of for me. Especially in TX humidity. Of course I use a setting powder or setting spray, but even without I found this lived up to its 8 hr promise and then some when I tried it without either.

All in all, I would HIGHLY recommend this blush to anyone looking for a power house blush without the penchant of calling attention to the fact you're wearing blush. Though if you prefer that look, this blush IS very buildable as I said, and the shades Quiver, Crush, Bang, Bittersweet and Quickie are brighter and more intense shade wise and might provide more of a punch right off the bat.
I couldn't be happier with them, and I can't imagine needing or WANTING to buy blush anytime soon lol.

on 7/5/2015 4:40:00 AM

The previous reviewers don't exaggerate, this blush is worth the money you spent for it! The berry color is pretty and natural looking even on fair skin, it blends easily, melts into the skin like a dream and can be built up if desired. Admittedly the container is quite unusual but up to now I don't have any complains. And since I have oily to very oily skin I'm glad to say this blush lasts and lasts! Fantastic!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Yeesh - accidentally erased my ENTIRE review by hitting the wrong button!

Anyway....for years, I've been wanting NARS Sin, based largely on a photo here at MUA of a woman wearing it and looking so elegant, natural and "degagee", but whenever I'd swatch or try it in-store, it either looked like NOTHING or else just too muddy and brown on me. When I first saw Rapture, my immediate thought was "It looks like Sin but perhaps it will work better for me". And it does. It was so interesting to come here and see several other reviews from people who'd wanted Nars Sin too or who tried it, only to find it lacking...I seem to be in good company!

Like reviewer 1017, I am also NW20, though I "fade" toward NW 15 over the winter months. Rapture is the perfect blush for fairer skin tones because it can be applied lightly for a subtle hint of colour or it can be built up for more intense results. As makeupLAL says, this is the perfect shade for autumn, though it looks like a colour that I can wear all year long. It is the most beautiful plummy, crushed berry shade and the finish has the most subtle sheen or glow - not glitter or frost but as if you just have lovely, luminous skin. It is the most amazingly natural colour on my skin.

I don't have much need for many more blushes (there are only certain shades I can wear and anything too warm, coral or peach-toned isn't for me) but I am already so won over by the finish of Rapture that if the other Afterglow blushes are similar, I will probably be replacing my MAC blushes, as I finish them, with similar shades from the UD Afterglow line. Totally a "repurchase" for me.

I'm totally obsessed with the brand UD and I feel like they deliver the best quality products. For me everything I've tried from UD are hits and so I was excited to finally be able to treat myself to this blush.

Rapture looks like a fall blush, being a mauveish shade with brown undertones. I picked this on a whim because I was going through a phase where I loved the matte cheek look. I feel like this is matte but it's not one of the flat mattes like the MAC blushes. It leaves a gorgeous, natural, healthy sheen on the cheeks and literally adds life to your face. These blushes are those versatile blushes which can be used with a no makeup makeup look for a natural hint of colour, slapped on with absolutely no makeup on at all and even built up to its maximum potential to give a dramatic look. All 3 ways I have tried and tested and all 3 ways the blush looks divine. Lightly applied the colour leans more to a more mauvey pink flush and heavily built up the brown tones become more obvious. Although this is a perfect fall time blush, I would totally use this during the summer for a nice glowy flush of colour to the cheeks.

The formula is so blendable and looks so lovely and light on the skin. It lasts for ages and I only notice minimal fading, however I love the look of the blush when it has faded just because it looks so much more natural. This fades evenly and in such a nice way.

I personally love these blushes and I totally recommend them to everyone. I'm even considering buying Bang which is waaay out of my comfort zone but the formula of the blushes is such that they have amazing pigmentation, quality and are so easy to blend. These are perfect for when getting ready in a rush, looking for anything to swipe on to add that healthy look to your face. I honestly feel like these are a good investment and I feel they are so much better than the MAC blushes.

I have written a more detailed review about these blushes in my review of Score, so check that out if you wish to know more. But seriously - buy these babies!

on 11/4/2015 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is such a cute mauve color I love it. I'm a big fan of the packaging it's nice, and you get a lot of product in the pan. The quality is really nice. It builds up to the intensity that you want, and it blends very well. It has that really fine shimmer particles in it and it gives me that lit from within look. I like matte blushes but this is gorgeous. It lasts more than 8 hours on me with oily skin and that's saying something. I noticed it fading after 12+ hours of wear time! With my fair skin I was afraid it would look muddy because it has brown undertones, but it leans a pinkish mauve on me. I use it on my cheeks, and sometimes blend it to the back of my cheekbones and it looks like a natural contour on my skin tone. This screams fall but I would use it in every season. I would rebuy it, and I highly recommend it 100%.