Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Vitamin C+ Serum

No Image

Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sodium Citrate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Niacinamide, Ethoxydiglycol, Algae Exopolysaccharides, Chlorella Protothecoides Oil, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Algae Extract, Peg-12, Dimethicone, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Vegetable Collagen, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Platago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Sorbitan Isostearate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Ceramide NP, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOP, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Leuconostoc/Radish Foot Ferment Filtrate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Coumarin.

This stuff is a miracle worker!!! Skin is brighter, firmer, younger looking!

on 9/9/2017 10:05:00 AM

I have been looking for a Vit C cream that isn't irritating or break me out and despite the expense, bought this one based on the reviews on MUA. And I'm not sorry I did- this has been great for my skin- its been smoother and brighter and doesn't break me out. I travel frequently and usually just bring travel sized products- one week away from this and I actually noticed a difference..... I actually bought a 2nd and then 3rd bottle when I thought my 2nd bottle was nearing the end (the one issue is its hard to see from the packaging how much of the serum is remaining) It is pricey, but in the end its saved me money on other products. Its rare for me to stick with a single product as I love experimenting, but this one is one I plan to stay with.

on 5/16/2017 5:16:00 PM

I started with the 10 day sample pack from sephora, then decided to do the instaram photo challenge advertised on the inside of the packaging. I ended up winning a full size in the contest and have been using it religiously daily for over a month.
I can't believe how this stuff changes your skin! Normally C serums take forever to show results because it's not an over night fix... but with this stuff, by day 5 I could see a dramatic difference. I was a smoker for 15 years, tanned in tannig beds year round and suffered from hormonal cystic acne... so my skin is a mess!
At first it seemed like my dark spots seemed to get darker, but it was just my skin getting brighter! My skin looks like skin now, not leather!
I had huge patches of dark spots from tanning and this seems to be lightening them sorta like how bleach lightens fabric. Also I noticed that the spots are breaking up and its lightening from the center, outwards.
I know I'll never have perfect skin because i abused the heck out of my face and body, but this miracle serum has made it look 100% better than I ever thought possible.
Because of the cost vs my measly paycheck & being a single mom, I cut down to applying only once a day.. but I WILL make it a point to make sure i have available funds to replenish my stock once I run out.
If you could choose only ONE facial product ro use for the rest of my life, this would be it.

I received the 10 day trial pack from Sephora and I have been shocked at how well it works. My skin is smoother and it has cleared up some minor breakouts. Sometimes I wear the Genius anti-aging cream over it and sometimes the Splash Sleeping pack if I don't want as much moisture. I will be buying a full size as soon as my samples are done. It looks like QVC has the best pricing if you get it in a set (assuming you like the other product(s) in the set). I am becoming a bit obsessed with Algenist! My 47 year old skin is good but this makes it look and feel better.

on 11/30/2016 12:11:00 PM

Yep, like everyone else this stuff rocks. I have used many a C Serum...high end Obaji, Skinceuticals, IS clinical....this one does not irritate or break my skin out - like others do. It's not greasy. Can be worn under make up. I am not sure what percentage of the C is in there...I am emailing company to ask. I am very very impressed with Algenist. Again, I am a very picky derm girl. I like stuff that works. So mostly I don't go to Sephora for that. My skin looks so clear, acne going away. Smooth. Love! But is this stuff pricey! And I thought Obaji was a lot!

on 10/22/2016 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using this product for a month now and it has made my skin more even and smooth. I introduced algenist retinol firming and lifting serum and my skin is even better! I use this serum in mornings and the retinol serum at night and my skin is finally behaving. Pores smaller. Hyperpigmentation from sun spots and acne marks lightening up. I'm very sensitive and acne prone and this has not cause any issues. It does smell like chocolate/orange thou. I've used on my very sensitive breakout probe neck and chest area as well with no reactions.

on 9/15/2016 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Have got a sample before I purchased whole bottle. It's super expensive for me but last very long as you need just a few drops to spread over your face and neck. I have been using this treatment for more than 6months and love it. Makes my dry skin very hydrated, not oily, sinks into skin immediately, also my sun dark spots on my forehead nearly disappeared ( didn't happen over night of course) It just give my skin nice even tone. It does not cause any break out it just gives me natural glow. Only thing I don't like is the smell like old chocolate and the price obviously. O will buy again. Perfect serum

on 6/6/2016 9:02:00 PM

I don't write reviews often, but I *LOVE* this stuff. I got it in a GWP at Sephora, and I have always had incredibly sensitive, acne-prone skin after an incident in high school at the pool where I was burned by too much chlorine in the pool. This stuff has made my skin exponentially better. I use Garnier Micellar Water morning and night, followed by this stuff and then Cerave PM moisturizer. My skin has never looked better in my whole life. Do I hate the price? Totally. Am I willing to pay it, for the kind of skin I've wanted since I was a little kid? Yes. This stuff is the bomb and I will re buy it as long as it exists. No sensitivity, no redness, no itchiness-just the clear skin I've always wanted.

on 4/12/2016 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This and the Algenist Advanced Anti-Aging Repairing Oil are among my first deep dive into high-end skincare, and I must say, I'm hooked. My wallet weeps.

The oil is more my husband's speed, so I'll save that for another review, but this serum is downright magical. I've only been using it for a few days, and already, I'm noticing that my skin has improved greatly in terms of texture and brilliance. It's so much smoother, and even on days when I've not had enough sleep, my skin looks vibrant and healthy. It's really remarkable. I haven't worn foundation since I started using this because the results were visible literally overnight. I woke up the next morning after using this for the first time and was so thrilled by how even, bright, and awake my skin looked.

I've not experienced any breakouts with this, and I do have somewhat acne-prone skin. My skin also tends to be a bit oily, but this seems to have counteracted that in some way. Over the past few days, my skin has produced considerably less oil, and my pores around my t-zone have begun to shrink. It's as though this serum is solving all of my most annoying issues that I've dealt with since my early 20's!

The packaging sturdy and I love the pump. I wash my face with the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser, which I love. Then, I spritz my face with the Aubrey Organics Sparkling Glacier Complexion Mist, apply this serum, and follow up with Andalou Naturals Daily Defense moisturizer and E.L.F. Illuminating Eye Cream. The result is a soft, glowing face. Love!

The price is staggering at $115 per ounce, but it's worth it considering how little I have to use.

I will definitely repurchase this amazing serum.

I got hooked on this stuff when Sephora was offering a "10 day supply" in little packets as one of their VIB & Rouge specials. I managed to order 2 sets of the packets (which, btw, actually lasted me 20 days each set) before I had to cave and get a large bottle. It IS pricey, but for great skincare it's totally worth it. I love this stuff. It's smoothing, firming, and makes my skin look great. I've repurchased now a couple times and it's well worth it. I do try to find a sale whenever I can, though. I love the pump and how a little goes a really long way. My fervent hope is that they never discontinue or reformulate this. I love that this only has a slight scent to it, and it sinks right into my skin and subtly tightens my face up within minutes. Definitely a repurchase!