MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation

MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation
Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation

3.8

Water Dimethicone Methyl Trimethicone Dimethicone Silylate Butylene Glycol Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate Phenyl Trimethicone Polymethyl Methacrylate PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone Tocopheryl Acetate Sodium Hyaluronate Lecithin Caffeine Triethyl Citrate Methicone PEG-10 Dimethicone Laureth-7 Silica Magnesium Aluminum Silicate Triethoxycaprylylsilane Polysilicone-11 Xanthan Gum Sodium Chloride Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer Disteardimonium Hectorite Caprylyl Glycol Hexylene Glycol Zinc Stearate Disodium EDTA Phenoxyethanol Potassium Sorbate Sodium Dehydroacetate /- (CI 77019/Mica CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 5/19/2017 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is currently my go-to foundation as the color I purchased last summer, nw30, is perfect on my just-starting-to-tan skin and I'm very dry right now so can't wear the regular foundations only Laura mercier TM. But I like more coverage/less dew sometimes. I'm normally an nw20 all winter. It runs light. It's prob more like nw25. It is a gorgeous formula and I love the squeeze tube! It truly is waterproof and lasts. Pro longwear regular and it seems like all my others are drying to me right now. I have like super combo skin (oily forehead, but around my mouth/chin/between eyebrows is so dry it flakes if I don't exfoliate and put lanolin on it 2x per day). This foundation performs great on both areas. I just rub/pat in lightly w my fingers as with most foundations. I have the blenders the brushes but honestly prefer clean fingers. I don't like to put powder over as it ruins the finish. I normally just do bronzer or blush maybe highlighter, then spray w. coola spf 30 setting spray. I don't believe this has spf?? I may do a powder during day, usually this time of year one with SPF like mineral veil spf 25 or colorescience. I've been using this w NYX corrector in light. Makes a real nice complexion. Doesn't dry my flakes or exacerbate oil. I normally forget to apply primer and don't notice a dif. But if I'm thinking of it I like something w spf underneath.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product because I wanted to try a different MAC foundation and this one Is so good!! It goes on matte but doesn't leave your skin looking dry, it is full coverage and it just looks beautiful on. All day use.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I did buy this on a whim with very little research done - but I am still disappointed by it. I tried it in a MAC counter and I liked the texture of it on my hand. The salesperson told me it wears at least 6 to 8 hours. I have used it twice now and I ended up not liking it by the end of the day both times. I thought the shade looks fine, if it has oxidized a bit during the day I haven't noticed. BUT it feels continually dryer throughout the day and when I get home in the evening I found out that it has set into all my pores. I have pretty dry skin especially in the winter, so this is not working for me now. Maybe I'll try using it again during the summer. But all in all - not a fan of this and won't buy it again.

Truly love this foundation! It's very light weight and full coverage. I've tried so many foundations and I have to say this is by far my top favorite. Longlasting, nice healthy looking skin. Absolutely my top Foundation!!!!

on 1/17/2017 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I am super indecisive with Foundation and it's taken me years to find one that doesn't slide off my face by lunch time.... and I have finally found it!

This foundation will give you dewy, perfect skin. If you are oily like myself it will glide on so nicely and not move all day. I do use MAC primer first to really hold it into place - but the foundation needs little to no help at all. It does oxidize, but I think i've just got the perfect shade for me and I fake tan a lot too (NC45).

I use a real techniques kabuki brush to put this one and a beauty blender for under my eyes. I find the Charlotte Tillbury magic concealer works really well with this foundation as it goes on really smoothly.

I use a MAC Loose Powder to hold the foundation and a bronzer, all in all - gorgeous.

My downsides are the price for the size of the bottle, but it wouldn't put me off buying again. Thank you MAC!

I'm on my second tube of this foundation and I've decided to finally write a review to help others who are thinking about purchasing this product.

1. The shades run lighter than most Mac foundations and I wear the shade NC15. It's a pretty good match for my fair, neutral toned skinned. Most Mac foundations are too dark for me so I appreciate this foundation in particular.

2. This foundation is long wearing and I find that it looks good at the end of a long day. I have dry skin and I find that I look dewy throughout the day, a look I particularity like. However, I find my makeup still stays intact with the dewiness.

3. This foundations drys quite fast so I like to mix a drop of Argan oil into this foundation to help. Then I work section by section with a beauty blender in light layers in order to have a more natural and fuller coverage look. If you are dry, I find that a primer is not necessary and I only powder a teeny bit in order to prevent looking dry and cakey. Those with oily skin should most likely powder. I just powder concealed areas and the top of my cheeks for a smooth blush application.

4. You get less than 1oz of foundation in the tube, I've found with daily wear this foundation still lasted me 4 months. This is not bad considering I like full coverage and the tube costed me $40 CAD.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this foundation to others. I would recommend doing your research or seeing the shades before buying your usual Mac shade, as you will most likely wear a different shade with this foundation. This is one of few foundations I have repurchased and I will continue to do so.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Word to the wise....this oxidizes. I was told to get NC50 and I did. It turned orangey dark on me within an hour. Switched it out for NC45 and intially I looked a hot mess...Casper the Ghost with a yellow tinge to it. But within about 15 minutes it calmed down considerably and my skin appeared as though I had nothing on. Looked super even and hydrated without looking greasy. This has to be applied in sections and blended quickly because it sets fast. I used my flat top foundation brush to apply and then I applied MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Dark Deepest to kinda warm up my skin and give it a luminous look. I have oily combo aging skin and this combo definitely doesn't "age" me. I don't like full-coverage matte foundation or powders on me because I look like a mess so this is a nice happy medium for me. I did cry one day and this stuff didn't budge at all. I just patted away the tears that went down my cheeks and no removal of product. It does not enhance my enlarged pores and I do not use primer with this foundation at all so that was a shock to NOT see. Another added plus that this stuff claims to do....yes it does make for a great concealer. Especially under my eye area it did a great job at covering up some dark area under the eyes. No creasing of any kind either. Would I repeat buy in this? Yes, as long as MAC doesn't retire it then I will always keep repurchasing.

Loving this product. It's very good for my normal and very fair skin. It blends out perfectly with a sponge and a brush. I'll recommend everybody to buy it.

on 12/19/2016 5:22:00 AM

I have tried a lot of foundations but I keep coming back to this one. I think i'm set with this! of all the foundations I've used this one really stays in place. It does not transfer which is extremely important to me, as I work in the corporate world and I really cant be transferring makeup onto important files and documents. Also, its gross when you're on the phone and makeup comes off. It is good that you can have a cry too and not have to worry! thats a rare trait for a foundation. I think you really need to find the right primer for this one, it really makes it go from good to amazing! I have just discovered an Arbonne primer, and mixed together the look is flawless! I am wearing NC35 which is an amazing colour match - I tend to have issues with other brands trying to find a colour. The coverage is more full and quite hard to get off at night. I top this off with Hourglass dim light powder and it looks great. You do have to be careful of lines though once it oxidises, particularly on the neck. Make sure you blend it both on application and after it has set!

on 12/14/2016 11:58:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I like this foundation. I have it in NC30, but I'm about an NC 25 (a bit too yellow) in Studio Fix. This product wears well with my super oily skin. It is light weight, medium coverage and does not get patchy on my T zone or slide all over the place and doesn't accentuate pores. I have decent skin and I don't need to cover much. However, my skin is so dang oily that I need something that holds up and this does it. Lately, I have been wearing this foundation or Kat Von D Lock It in Medium Warm 52 with Chanel loose powder over MAC Skin Refined Zone and it holds up all day. I love the tube! However, I wish it came in 1.0 fluid oz but nonetheless love it.