MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation

MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation
Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation

3.8

Water • Dimethicone • Methyl Trimethicone • Dimethicone Silylate • Butylene Glycol • Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate • Phenyl Trimethicone • Polymethyl Methacrylate • PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer • Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone • Tocopheryl Acetate • Sodium Hyaluronate • Lecithin • Caffeine • Triethyl Citrate • Methicone • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Laureth-7 • Silica • Magnesium Aluminum Silicate • Triethoxycaprylylsilane • Polysilicone-11 • Xanthan Gum • Sodium Chloride • Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Caprylyl Glycol • Hexylene Glycol • Zinc Stearate • Disodium EDTA • Phenoxyethanol • Potassium Sorbate • Sodium Dehydroacetate /- (CI 77019/Mica • CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I did buy this on a whim with very little research done - but I am still disappointed by it. I tried it in a MAC counter and I liked the texture of it on my hand. The salesperson told me it wears at least 6 to 8 hours. I have used it twice now and I ended up not liking it by the end of the day both times. I thought the shade looks fine, if it has oxidized a bit during the day I haven't noticed. BUT it feels continually dryer throughout the day and when I get home in the evening I found out that it has set into all my pores. I have pretty dry skin especially in the winter, so this is not working for me now. Maybe I'll try using it again during the summer. But all in all - not a fan of this and won't buy it again.

Truly love this foundation! It's very light weight and full coverage. I've tried so many foundations and I have to say this is by far my top favorite. Longlasting, nice healthy looking skin. Absolutely my top Foundation!!!!

on 1/17/2017 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I am super indecisive with Foundation and it's taken me years to find one that doesn't slide off my face by lunch time.... and I have finally found it!

This foundation will give you dewy, perfect skin. If you are oily like myself it will glide on so nicely and not move all day. I do use MAC primer first to really hold it into place - but the foundation needs little to no help at all. It does oxidize, but I think i've just got the perfect shade for me and I fake tan a lot too (NC45).

I use a real techniques kabuki brush to put this one and a beauty blender for under my eyes. I find the Charlotte Tillbury magic concealer works really well with this foundation as it goes on really smoothly.

I use a MAC Loose Powder to hold the foundation and a bronzer, all in all - gorgeous.

My downsides are the price for the size of the bottle, but it wouldn't put me off buying again. Thank you MAC!

I'm on my second tube of this foundation and I've decided to finally write a review to help others who are thinking about purchasing this product.

1. The shades run lighter than most Mac foundations and I wear the shade NC15. It's a pretty good match for my fair, neutral toned skinned. Most Mac foundations are too dark for me so I appreciate this foundation in particular.

2. This foundation is long wearing and I find that it looks good at the end of a long day. I have dry skin and I find that I look dewy throughout the day, a look I particularity like. However, I find my makeup still stays intact with the dewiness.

3. This foundations drys quite fast so I like to mix a drop of Argan oil into this foundation to help. Then I work section by section with a beauty blender in light layers in order to have a more natural and fuller coverage look. If you are dry, I find that a primer is not necessary and I only powder a teeny bit in order to prevent looking dry and cakey. Those with oily skin should most likely powder. I just powder concealed areas and the top of my cheeks for a smooth blush application.

4. You get less than 1oz of foundation in the tube, I've found with daily wear this foundation still lasted me 4 months. This is not bad considering I like full coverage and the tube costed me $40 CAD.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this foundation to others. I would recommend doing your research or seeing the shades before buying your usual Mac shade, as you will most likely wear a different shade with this foundation. This is one of few foundations I have repurchased and I will continue to do so.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Word to the wise....this oxidizes. I was told to get NC50 and I did. It turned orangey dark on me within an hour. Switched it out for NC45 and intially I looked a hot mess...Casper the Ghost with a yellow tinge to it. But within about 15 minutes it calmed down considerably and my skin appeared as though I had nothing on. Looked super even and hydrated without looking greasy. This has to be applied in sections and blended quickly because it sets fast. I used my flat top foundation brush to apply and then I applied MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Dark Deepest to kinda warm up my skin and give it a luminous look. I have oily combo aging skin and this combo definitely doesn't "age" me. I don't like full-coverage matte foundation or powders on me because I look like a mess so this is a nice happy medium for me. I did cry one day and this stuff didn't budge at all. I just patted away the tears that went down my cheeks and no removal of product. It does not enhance my enlarged pores and I do not use primer with this foundation at all so that was a shock to NOT see. Another added plus that this stuff claims to do....yes it does make for a great concealer. Especially under my eye area it did a great job at covering up some dark area under the eyes. No creasing of any kind either. Would I repeat buy in this? Yes, as long as MAC doesn't retire it then I will always keep repurchasing.

Loving this product. It's very good for my normal and very fair skin. It blends out perfectly with a sponge and a brush. I'll recommend everybody to buy it.

on 12/19/2016 5:22:00 AM

I have tried a lot of foundations but I keep coming back to this one. I think i'm set with this! of all the foundations I've used this one really stays in place. It does not transfer which is extremely important to me, as I work in the corporate world and I really cant be transferring makeup onto important files and documents. Also, its gross when you're on the phone and makeup comes off. It is good that you can have a cry too and not have to worry! thats a rare trait for a foundation. I think you really need to find the right primer for this one, it really makes it go from good to amazing! I have just discovered an Arbonne primer, and mixed together the look is flawless! I am wearing NC35 which is an amazing colour match - I tend to have issues with other brands trying to find a colour. The coverage is more full and quite hard to get off at night. I top this off with Hourglass dim light powder and it looks great. You do have to be careful of lines though once it oxidises, particularly on the neck. Make sure you blend it both on application and after it has set!

on 12/14/2016 11:58:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I like this foundation. I have it in NC30, but I'm about an NC 25 (a bit too yellow) in Studio Fix. This product wears well with my super oily skin. It is light weight, medium coverage and does not get patchy on my T zone or slide all over the place and doesn't accentuate pores. I have decent skin and I don't need to cover much. However, my skin is so dang oily that I need something that holds up and this does it. Lately, I have been wearing this foundation or Kat Von D Lock It in Medium Warm 52 with Chanel loose powder over MAC Skin Refined Zone and it holds up all day. I love the tube! However, I wish it came in 1.0 fluid oz but nonetheless love it.

on 11/19/2016 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Okay. There's a lot of divided opinion on this and it took me a month & 2 samples before I bought it in NC30 (winter shade). For reference I am NC30 in original Pro longwear (summer only), EL DW Dawn 2w1, or Rattan 2w2, Mac Matchmaster 2 (mix with 3 in summer), L'OrΓ©al true match in w3 or w4 for summer, can get away with Studio fix fluid in nw25 as nc25 is too yellow/light, studio fix powder in c35, careblend powder in med plus or med dark.

I find Pro longwear nourishing runs light and oxidises about half a shade. NC30 has a very slight peach tone to it. I apply with a a real techniques sculpting brush (dab/swirl motion). It has a satin finish which I hate but I've worn worse and this foundation works well with Maybelline Matte Maker in 30 but not so much with studio fix powder (it creases). Also I found if you powder on application as opposed to when shine develops you get far longer shine free hours. This foundation also does not move, transfer and is water repellent (I cried with this on and it didn't show at all). It can sink into pores a little but I've not noticed a massive difference if a primer is used. I can't stress enough about how little you need to apply as it's virtually impossible to sheer down if you over apply plus you only get 25ml so use sparingly. Start with a pea size. It covers imperfections well but you don't have a huge amount of time to work with it. It does work as a concealer but you may need one depending on how full coverage/flawless you like to go. It's more comfortable to wear than EL DW but I can still feel it on my face not uncomfortable but a bit tingly I guess. The major factor in me buying it was the color match. I have an horrendous time color matching but this works well. I have green/purple veins, sallow/ashy skin with a warm cast to it but redness on my face but tan easily. My skin is oily/combination. Anyway I would say give this ago. It's very different from the original in texture (this is thicker & less powdery). I like it & the MUA that served me had NC35 on and it looked great & she loved it.

on 11/2/2016 12:16:00 AM

This is my summer foundation. I won't buy another one. I am a minimalist and always looking for the perfect thing that will replace all other bottles of crap on my counter and in the drawers. Previously I had been using Mac Pro Longwear in NC20 with the concealer in NC20. Both really good. But I wanted something to slay the Beast of Kick-Arse Australian Summer. Now I have it. What I love is it's not too thick or cakey, dries fast without feeling dry, can be used as concealer (and actually looks better than the Pro-Longwear concealer) - at least on me. Here's the funny thing. Though I had previously been colour-matched for NC20, which still looks good on me in the Pro Longwear, I felt that it was probably a tiny bit too light. And the concealer in the NC20 is EVEN LIGHTER. So next time I bought a Mac foundation (the Waterweight one in the glass bottle - which is awesome!) I bought NC25, which is perfectamundo on my skin. So I resolved I must actually be an NC25, not NC20. However when they gave me a test sample of the Nourishing Waterproof in NC25, it came out LIGHTER on my skin than the NC20 in Pro Longwear. So I finally purchased the NC30 in the Nourishing Longwear, even though I'm an NC25 in their Waterweight. And the NC30 works perfectly for me. It doesn't look like I'm wearing make-up. And it covers my dark circles. Which are deadly. So yeah, very happy, and definitely buying again. And oh yeah - the packaging - a handy tube. Yessss! I can throw it in my bag and not worry about a bottle smashing, or a pump accidentally getting pressed. I really wish the Waterweight wasn't in that stupid glass bottle with the dropper, because it is my favourite lightweight-luminous foundation. I would have stuck with only that foundation, except that sometimes I want more coverage for groovy events and something heat-worthy and sweat-proof. And as a minimalist, I feel really good now because when my old Pro Longwear and Pro Longwear concealer run out I can just replace them with one handy little tube. I hate clutter.

Update: Wore this on extremely hot sweaty day (New Year's Day party, height of Aussie summer) to a party where I had to swim with my daughter (disabilities, needs constant support/holding/catching in pool). Even though I was totally drenched, spashed constantly in face and eyes, and immersed in water, when I finally got out a couple of hours later, was surprised to see in mirror that my make-up was all still perfectly in place - no running. For extra info, I was wearing with this Mac Waterproof Foundation, the Mac Liquidlast eyeliner and the Maybelline waterproof mascara in the pink and green tube. I don't wear fibre mascaras in the pool, even if they are waterproof, as if the fibres detach and get into my eyes, I go red and weepy. So yay, thumbs up yet again for this foundation.