MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation

MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation
Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation

3.8

Water Dimethicone Methyl Trimethicone Dimethicone Silylate Butylene Glycol Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate Phenyl Trimethicone Polymethyl Methacrylate PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone Tocopheryl Acetate Sodium Hyaluronate Lecithin Caffeine Triethyl Citrate Methicone PEG-10 Dimethicone Laureth-7 Silica Magnesium Aluminum Silicate Triethoxycaprylylsilane Polysilicone-11 Xanthan Gum Sodium Chloride Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer Disteardimonium Hectorite Caprylyl Glycol Hexylene Glycol Zinc Stearate Disodium EDTA Phenoxyethanol Potassium Sorbate Sodium Dehydroacetate /- (CI 77019/Mica CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow this foundation has been a game changer for me. Too bad, MAC is one of those brands that doesn't get a lot of love from the beauty community.

First of all, I have very textured skin with different types of scars (pitted, box and rolling) and I find that this foundation somewhat diffuses my imperfections. I have a combo-dry skin and on Retin-A.

Finish: This foundation has a natural matte finish that looks very radiant on my skin.

Shade: I am in between NC 20 - NC 25 but I heard from a lot of people that this foundation runs a bit light. So I got the shade NC 30 and it was a perfect match!

Longevity: I can get a solid 12 hours on this foundation.

Packaging: Convenient and travel friendly!!!!

Price: A bit pricey considering you get less product from your typical 1 oz foundation.

Overall, I am in love with this foundation. You also don't need a lot of product which makes it so amazing!

A must have!

on 8/21/2017 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation! I got it out of my drawer the other day, I forgot I had it. When I bough it I was pregnant with eczema around my mouth and my skin was also very dry at that time so I wasn't really happy with any foundation on my face.

This covers beautify and blends out like a dream especially with a bit of primer. The finish is beautiful, natural-matte-velvet and even a bit dewy. Which is very unusual for a foundation. It also lasts all day. Probably not as long as the original MAC Prolongwear foundation but it's still a very long-lasting foundation, which is a must for me. It also doesn't emphasis my dry patches.

You only get 25mls but I like the packaging, the plastic tube is great for traveling.

on 7/30/2017 11:29:00 AM

I have been using this on and off for about a year. It definitely oxidizes and leans peachy (nc20) but I can get away with it if I'm tanned (I'm nc10 at my fairest). It feels a bit tacky, but if I set with the coverfx matte finishing powder and the combo makes it bulletproof for a solid 12 hours. It takes a bit to get the technique down, but I find using a BB (if it's too damp you'll have a patchy mess thanks to the waterproof quality of this fdtn) is best or it tends to accentuate pores and dry patches and look heavy. It's worth taking the time to prep your skin, it has a beautiful finish and wears like iron. I chose it for my wedding and for whenever I needed to get through a very long day looking flawless. I can sweat right through it, dab it off and it somehow still looks amazing.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Currently my favourite foundation at the moment. I use a flat foundation brush and a sponge, I get light-medium coverage by doing this. It's pretty buildable although full coverage will feel heavy on the skin. The light layer I apply feels like nothing. The packaging is fine- I find it gets a little messy with the tube opening though but that's fixable. The shade doesn't look quite perfect on me at first but I do find that the shade + finish looks better as the day goes on. It smooths over my pores really nicely. The finish of the foundation is probably my favourite thing about it! It's a satin-dewy hybrid (could be more matte if applied with a brush) but it's so smooth over my acne-textured skin. I wouldn't say this is overly long wearing at all, I don't really pay attention but times where I don't set with a powder I find it can rub off. It's pretty water resistant though, I'll give it that. Overall it's the best foundation I''ve found (having such textured, combo skin) and I'd repurchase it again.

on 8/20/2017 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love/hate relationship with this product. Pro's: flawless, covers imperfections without looking cakey, lasts 24h for sure, keeps me matte all day (i use primer also), beautiful satin finish,... cons: can clog pores for sure, somethimes a bit drying, Tips: remove it verry well !!! Use moisture mist before this foundation if u have combination skin, if you have normal to dy skin use a good moisturizer

on 8/15/2017 12:27:00 PM

I adore this.

on 6/25/2017 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Two years ago when this foundation had just come out, I fell in love with its texture and functionality. I was not too crazy about my color match NC30. It looked too light on me and NC35 was a serious no no. So I used two tubes of NC30 but used a lot of bronzers to get rid of the pastey effect. While looking to go back to Estée Lauder to get the famous Doublewear, which by the way doesn't carry my shade either, somehow I ended up at the MAC counter. After much pacing back and forth, the nice SA at MAC asked about what I was looking for and I told her about my dilemma. As it turned out, MAC had just added a new shade to this beautiful foundation and it is NC37. Surprisingly, it is not yellower than NC35. In fact, this shade has more beige and it is my exact color match. When the SA tried it on my jaw, it blended so well that I thought she did not put anything on me. If you are between yellow and neutral and in the medium category, you will love this shade. Thank you, MAC! You will never disappoint me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hmm.This foundation has positives for me. I like that it is both a foundation and concealer. It covers my blemishes very well and it seems to be long wearing although I haven't done a full test yet.

At the same time there are negatives. It does have a tendency to cling to dry patches. For this reason I have to take extra steps under my make up to make sure this doesn't look bad. I use more moisturiser on the parts of my face that this foundation will lay on PLUS a very hydrating serum. I don't usually need that step. It can end up looking a little powdery without that.

on 7/26/2017 11:50:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Okay, during summer this is the only thing I would use. I sweat a lot and my combo skin becomes drenched in oil but this foundation doesn't budge at all. + The coverage is great, it covers everything and doesn't cause any breakouts and it's water sweat and transfer proof. I'm typically NC10 but the lightest shade in this is NC15 (at least it was when I bought it now I see they've also got NW13 that I might give a try) which would have been a great colour match if it wouldn't oxidize. It won't change colour instantly but it always turns into a darker peachy shade during the day. I don't like it but I can get away with it. The finish at first it feels kind tacky but it's MATTE and after around 4 hours it looks powdery as all hell. It doesn't build up well so don't even think about doing a second layer unless you want full on cake face. Even tho I mix it with 2 drops of oil it still is the same way.. and it definitely feels and seems like you're wearing heavy makeup there's no getting around it. Last but not least it's a pain in the ass to take off. I use micellare water, makeup cleanser and my regular face cleanser and sometimes there would still be foundation left on my face. But I don't wear makeup on everyday basis I use it mainly on nights out and does a pretty good job on staying intact even with 40 degrees outside so I'm willing to overlook the negatives...

on 6/23/2017 9:05:00 PM

This foundation provides great coverage and lasts all day but I found that it accentuates my dry patches. I prefer my foundations to be more lightweight so this felt a bit too heavy for my liking. I also don't like that it smells like paint.