MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation

MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation
Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation

3.8

Water, Dimethicone, Methyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin � Caffeine � Triethyl Citrate � Methicone � PEG-10 Dimethicone � Laureth-7 � Silica � Magnesium Aluminum Silicate � Triethoxycaprylylsilane � Polysilicone-11 � Xanthan Gum � Sodium Chloride � Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer � Disteardimonium Hectorite � Caprylyl Glycol � Hexylene Glycol � Zinc Stearate � Disodium EDTA � Phenoxyethanol � Potassium Sorbate � Sodium Dehydroacetate /- (CI 77019/Mica � CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide � CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I purchased this at the Toronto airport so ONLY paid $40 tax free 😄 Absolutely in love... It's full coverage, long lasting & non transferring. A little goes a long way. So even tho I'm paying more than a DS product, it's def worth it as I find I need half the amount per use. This is my HG foundation ATM.

on 5/18/2018 6:06:00 PM

Absolutely love this. Lasts all day. Full coverage without being cakey or obvious. I mix in Mac Face & Body sometimes to thin out. Makes my mature skin look flawless. I can layer on skin care with little concern and that includes a good dose of LRP sunscreen as a last step before applying the foundation. I want to try using the Mac 170 brush with this and will report back! I can spritz on Fix Plus without hesitation and frequently!! Shade selection is incredible. As usual Mac just nails it!

on 5/18/2018 2:36:00 PM

This foundation is horrible. I have textured skin, and acne scars. This doesn't cover up my red from my scars AT ALL!!! Ya know what covers better than this? My clinique 2 in 1 foundation. This is just awful. It's super drying. You can see you're wearing makeup, and I'm like is it worth that if you're not even covering up my discoloration? I blend it out and all my scars show right through. That's just crazy to me. It's waterproof, sure... But not transfer proof. I applied it at 8am its 2:30pm right now. Most of my skin is showing through. I look disgusting right now it's cliiiiinging to any dry patch I didn't even know I had. I have oil-normal skin and the oils also coming through. Horrible horrible foundation. This was my first mac foundation, and this experience will make it my last. Also you get less than an oz!!!!!!!! The amount I had to use to get full coverage was more than normal too! (my scarring and redness isn't even THAT bad) I am upset.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I haven't used MAC makeup in years. I'm always on the lookout for long lasting foundations and my trusted go to - Clinique Stay Matte- just doesn't work for me anymore now that I lost my slight tan. I tried Hourglasss Seamless, LaMer, Nars Radiant Longerwear plus a few more and finally found this. The same bullet proof wear of Ester Lauded Doublewear but not as matte or acne provoking. So far, so good. Took off a lippie as at around $36 this is a bit pricey for MAC.

on 2/26/2018 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Oh, MAC, why don't any of your foundations work for me?? My most perfect match in the world is SFF in NC15. NC15 in this Pro Longwear Waterproof foundation is just a bit lighter than SFF, so I grabbed NC20. That ended up being a great match, but alas. Like other MAC foundations I have tried, this one just sits on my skin. No matter what or how I try, it just will not blend into my skin. I tried four different primers, no primer, dry beauty blender, damp beauty blender, two different brushes, and finally my fingers. Nothing worked, and this stuff just slid right off my face. I had high hopes for this foundation, but it just didn't work for me. I need something to hold up during my whole day (and potentially a mid-day cardio session if that's when I have to fit it in), but this just doesn't.

on 1/28/2018 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love this! Perfect medium-full natural coverage that last all day. I do find the shades run lighter than their other ranges - in this I am a NW15, whereas normally I use NW13.
The good: love the coverage which is medium that you can build to full. The finish looks quite natural and not at all cakey. It lasts very well, easily through my 12 hour days. I lovw the packaging which is very sanitary and low-waste. Plus you can cut the end of the time to scrape out an extra few days worth!
The Bad: you do need to make sure you remove it fully. Bit expensive. It can be harder to blend, especially if you apply too much.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best foundation I’ve ever worn, and I used to be a ride-or-die Doublewear chick. This lasts SO long on my face, has amazing coverage, and I experience absolutely no separation or creasing with it, which are my two biggest pet peeves when it comes to foundation. I am in love. I live in 80+ degree weather so the fact that this foundation endures outside temperatures and my crazy oil production is crazy. I never have to touch up! I only wish we’d get more product out of it - the tube does not amount to 1.0 fl oz, which sucks because I love this foundation so much.

on 12/24/2017 10:58:00 AM

I love this stuff! I’ve tried so many different foundations and never found one I like better in my skin.
I don’t wrote reviews but I felt this diserved it, Ive been using it for nights out and ‘occasions’ when you want a flawless look.

I have normal/dry skin but do tend to go oily in my t-zone.

I find most foundations sit in my dry skin, this really doesn’t and look so beautiful and dewy it goes really well with a matte concealer under your eyes.

Literally lasts all day, I do tend blot powder once through out the wear on my forehead and nose as I mentioned I get oily here.

Super nice deffo recommend it.

on 11/15/2017 8:12:00 AM

I've been using this for over a year and it has become my HG. Highly recommended!

PROS
- great colour range. I'm very light skinned and often foundations are way too dark or orange for me
- excellent for my sensitive skin - has not aggravated my eczema AT ALL
- has not caused clogged pores ( i do cleanse very carefully though)
- full coverage (can look mask-like though - hard to sheer out for everyday wear)
- long wearing
- not cakey

CONS
- pump dispenser would be awesome
- can be unforgiving if you've neglected your skincare. I need to gently exfoliate before using this otherwise it can show dry flakes i didn't know i had
- coverage is a pro and a con - I find it hard to sheer out for a lighter everyday look, but it does do a great full coverage.
- sets quickly - becomes tacky after a minute or two so its best to work fast/in small segments to avoid it looking cake

I love this foundation for night time since I believe its too full coverage for day time, it has a beautiful satin finish. Looks quite natural “for a full coverage foundation”. Cover anything! Verry longwearing 24 houres for sure. Its keep me quite matte. But the con about this product. You have to remove it verry verry verry well. Double oil cleansing and everything to not get a clogged pore. In my expirience. The reason why I give it a 5 and not 4 is because it is kiss and sex proof!! Which is rare for any foundation.