3.8

$36.00 on Nordstrom
Shop Now

Reviews

2 months ago

This foundation provides medium coverage and can be built up to full coverage. It blends easily, has a natural finish and is surprisingly lightweight making it very comfortable. It really excels at wear time and stays put until you take it off--I can verify this as I have 12-14 hour workday. Additionally, there are antioxidants in it to hydrate and protect my dry skin. It comes in a tube that is convenient but also small, not quite and ounce. Because of the results, I will continue to buy this over and over again.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Coarse

7 months ago

I usually like MAC foundations. A Studio Fix compact has been in my purse since the 'eighties (not the same one, of course!). I was curious about the "waterproof" claim and purchased this when we were going through some super-hot, humid weather about a month ago. It comes in a sturdy black tube, although note that there is only 25 ml, or .84 fluid oz., in a tube, somewhat less than the usual one ounce. It costs $43 here in Canada, actually cheaper than many brands like Chanel and Armani which are in the $60+ range. This is a lovely foundation. My usual shade, NW20, was perfect and the application (fingers, although sponge and brush are also recommended) was quick and easy, producing great coverage and a soft natural matte finish. And the wear! I've been wearing makeup since before the original Woodstock and this is the best liquid foundation for wear and coverage I've ever found. Despite my age, my skin is still oily in the T-zone, death to most foundations' ability to last more than three or four hours on me. But this foundation lives up to the name "Pro Longwear." It wore for a good ten hours with only one blot and one application of powder at the five-hour mark. It looked good all day. For me, that's remarkable. It's now my current HG.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

10 months ago

This was my first try with MAC and it disappointed me. After 2-3 hours my face was so oily that if you touch it it leave a line. There was no possible way to set it and to have a mat complexion for a longer time. I used it several times and left it as it was terrible. It is not good for my oily skin.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

I love this foundation - and MAC foundations in general! My favorite is Studio Fix Fluid but this one is awesome too! First of all, you can't beat MAC's shade range. I ALWAYS have problems with other brands so MAC is a god-send in this area. The Prolongwear Nourishing gives great coverage, long waterproof wear, which I love for the hot humid summers here, AND gives an amazing velvety, airbrushed finish that I love. I might brush a little setting powder and I'm good to go - my go-to in the summertime!

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

a year ago

I thought this foundation/concealer mix near perfect, at first. Shade NW30 a perfect match for my skin tone. Applied with a damp beauty blender I had a satiny finish that lasted all day. Dotted under my eyes and blended this baby covered my dark circles perfectly, a perfect shade match to the foundation, obviously. Ever use concealer that didn't quite jive with your foundation? Ugh. No problem when your actually using the same product! Then,,, after regular use, about 4 months in suddenly the product oxidized. In the tube! Turned a shade darker with a decidedly orange tint. For a product this pricey, AND in an enclosed tube, for this to happen so quickly I say shame on you MAC Cosmetics. Ironically, I have gone back to Cover Girl Outlast All-day 3 in 1 foundation which is quite nice also, though the shade choice not as broad. Works just as good, no oxidation, also contains SPF20, and about 1/3 of the cost.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

Ok so I have used everything. Yes everything. From Dior to Collection 2000 and FINALLY something works for me! I have oily skin, but dry in bits and kinda sensitive. Everything breaks up or oxidises. Oh and I’m really pale but with weird undertones so everything looks orange or gray. Enter this foundation. I was matched NC15, I was told the range runs pale but to go with it... well, what can I say it’s “my skin” but better. It’s smooth, no pores. Doesn’t make my oily or bring out my dry bits and lasts all day (I do set with Blot and Fix+). Just love, really can’t say enough positives. It doesn’t look ashy or chalky it’s my tone - maybe should have been NC10 in other lines but I don’t care this is my one.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

a year ago

I was looking for a great color match, which MAC is known for, and to cover up bruises and redness. After an hour in the Pro store with a great SA, I bought this in N18 and the Prep + Prime concealer in Bright Forecast. The N18 turned powdery on me, even with a beauty blender. Tried using different brushes and my fingers, using the concealer 1st and N18 on top, and the opposite. Didn't work. Huda hydrating concealer w/another product on top works better. Returned the foundation. There are a wider variety of color matches in the powder foundation, but that was way to "powdery" and dry on me. If you use it alone, over moisturizer, may be okay, depending on your skin type, but layering more than 2 coats of anything ruins the look for me. I have smooth skin, if that helps anyone.

About reviewer (137 reviews)

Age

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Other, Other

2.0

a year ago

I really wanted to like this foundation! After 4 hours it had started to become patchy around my mouth and on my chin

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair

HairBrown

2 years ago

I have already repurchased this 2x! This was one of my first foundations and I keep on coming back to this even with all the new foundation launches lately. I use this with Mac F&B sometimes if I want to sheer it out a little bit. This lasts all day, and can stand the heat and humidity. This appears matte on me but it doesnt cake or looks thick. This gives me a smooth finish and does pretty well covering some redness and blemishes.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

2 years ago

I’ve been searching for years for a foundation that lasts all day in the heat and humidity, doesn’t make me more oily, looks natural and has enough coverage to hide my discolouration. This one is really good, lasts well and doesn’t transfer. The colour is a close enough match, not quite perfect though. It does end up looking pretty dry on my skin as the day wears on, and although it’s priced the same as other foundations you actually get a smaller amount than the usual 1 fluid ounce.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age30-35