MAC Cosmetics Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation

MAC Cosmetics Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation
Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation

3.8

Water, Dimethicone, Methyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin � Caffeine � Triethyl Citrate � Methicone � PEG-10 Dimethicone � Laureth-7 � Silica � Magnesium Aluminum Silicate � Triethoxycaprylylsilane � Polysilicone-11 � Xanthan Gum � Sodium Chloride � Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer � Disteardimonium Hectorite � Caprylyl Glycol � Hexylene Glycol � Zinc Stearate � Disodium EDTA � Phenoxyethanol � Potassium Sorbate � Sodium Dehydroacetate /- (CI 77019/Mica � CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide � CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 4/14/2019 11:58:00 AM

I love this foundation - and MAC foundations in general! My favorite is Studio Fix Fluid but this one is awesome too! First of all, you can't beat MAC's shade range. I ALWAYS have problems with other brands so MAC is a god-send in this area. The Prolongwear Nourishing gives great coverage, long waterproof wear, which I love for the hot humid summers here, AND gives an amazing velvety, airbrushed finish that I love. I might brush a little setting powder and I'm good to go - my go-to in the summertime!

on 4/14/2019 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I thought this foundation/concealer mix near perfect, at first. Shade NW30 a perfect match for my skin tone. Applied with a damp beauty blender I had a satiny finish that lasted all day. Dotted under my eyes and blended this baby covered my dark circles perfectly, a perfect shade match to the foundation, obviously. Ever use concealer that didn't quite jive with your foundation? Ugh. No problem when your actually using the same product!

Then,,, after regular use, about 4 months in suddenly the product oxidized. In the tube! Turned a shade darker with a decidedly orange tint. For a product this pricey, AND in an enclosed tube, for this to happen so quickly I say shame on you MAC Cosmetics.

Ironically, I have gone back to Cover Girl Outlast All-day 3 in 1 foundation which is quite nice also, though the shade choice not as broad. Works just as good, no oxidation, also contains SPF20, and about 1/3 of the cost.

Ok so I have used everything. Yes everything. From Dior to Collection 2000 and FINALLY something works for me! I have oily skin, but dry in bits and kinda sensitive. Everything breaks up or oxidises. Oh and I’m really pale but with weird undertones so everything looks orange or gray.

Enter this foundation. I was matched NC15, I was told the range runs pale but to go with it... well, what can I say it’s “my skin” but better. It’s smooth, no pores. Doesn’t make my oily or bring out my dry bits and lasts all day (I do set with Blot and Fix+). Just love, really can’t say enough positives. It doesn’t look ashy or chalky it’s my tone - maybe should have been NC10 in other lines but I don’t care this is my one.

on 3/3/2019 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was looking for a great color match, which MAC is known for, and to cover up bruises and redness. After an hour in the Pro store with a great SA, I bought this in N18 and the Prep + Prime concealer in Bright Forecast. The N18 turned powdery on me, even with a beauty blender. Tried using different brushes and my fingers, using the concealer 1st and N18 on top, and the opposite. Didn't work. Huda hydrating concealer w/another product on top works better. Returned the foundation. There are a wider variety of color matches in the powder foundation, but that was way to "powdery" and dry on me. If you use it alone, over moisturizer, may be okay, depending on your skin type, but layering more than 2 coats of anything ruins the look for me. I have smooth skin, if that helps anyone.

on 10/13/2018 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this foundation! After 4 hours it had started to become patchy around my mouth and on my chin

on 9/22/2018 11:09:00 AM

I have already repurchased this 2x! This was one of my first foundations and I keep on coming back to this even with all the new foundation launches lately. I use this with Mac F&B sometimes if I want to sheer it out a little bit. This lasts all day, and can stand the heat and humidity. This appears matte on me but it doesnt cake or looks thick. This gives me a smooth finish and does pretty well covering some redness and blemishes.

on 9/22/2018 12:40:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I’ve been searching for years for a foundation that lasts all day in the heat and humidity, doesn’t make me more oily, looks natural and has enough coverage to hide my discolouration. This one is really good. The colour is a close enough match, not quite perfect though. My only gripe is that although it’s priced the same as other foundations you actually get a smaller amount than the usual 1 fluid ounce. This doesn’t put me off though, it’s worth it!

on 6/24/2018 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I don't usually write reviews but my lord is this product amazing, has been my holy grail for 6 years now. Despite being a poor uni student and this product costing $58 in Australia, I will sacrifice my food to buy this foundation as it is flawless, boosts my confidence and a tiny pea-sized amount is all you need so thus the price is justifiable. Just ensure to moisturize skin beforehand and let it soak in thoroughly before applying the foundation and lastly don't put any cream products on top of the foundation.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I purchased this at the Toronto airport so ONLY paid $40 tax free 😄 Absolutely in love... It's full coverage, long lasting & non transferring. A little goes a long way. So even tho I'm paying more than a DS product, it's def worth it as I find I need half the amount per use. This is my HG foundation ATM.

on 5/18/2018 6:06:00 PM

Absolutely love this. Lasts all day. Full coverage without being cakey or obvious. I mix in Mac Face & Body sometimes to thin out. Makes my mature skin look flawless. I can layer on skin care with little concern and that includes a good dose of LRP sunscreen as a last step before applying the foundation. I want to try using the Mac 170 brush with this and will report back! I can spritz on Fix Plus without hesitation and frequently!! Shade selection is incredible. As usual Mac just nails it!