Too Faced Natural Matte

Too Faced Natural Matte
Natural Matte

4.8

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Until this palette, I wasn't much of a Too Faced eyeshadow fan. Their quality is hit-and-miss, especially the holiday sets. But I am loving this one. It's my go-to for work looks, and you can transition into neutral evening looks really easily too.

The shades are soft and silky, and blend so nicely. These are some of the best matte shadows I have ever used! (and I am somewhat of an eyeshadow palette collector) The pigment is great.

If you are looking for a neutral matte palette - this is the one. I also have the Lorac matte pro - also a nice palette, but the Too Faced palette has so much more versatility with the shades. Whenever I travel, this is the palette I take with me. So much versatility, and the hard packaging make it great for travel.

My only complaints: being very cool toned, the bottom 2 shades "honey butter" and "chocolate cookie" pull very orange on me. The top row is very cool toned, the middle row is cool/neutral, and the bottom row is more warm, but nudie works great for me.

And I have to mention the shade names... I think my niece's would absolutely love this palette, but I just can't bring myself to buy those teenagers something that says "sexpresso" on it. I wish they were named something more tame.

on 11/6/2016 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this palette so much that I have a spare stashed away "just in case"! Originally, the biggest draw for me was that it contained only mattes, no shimmers - my hooded eyes do not carry shimmers well and it is frustrating to spend $$$ on palettes where I can only use half the shadows.

This is an incredibly versatile palette and is complete on its own - I use it for my every day work look, but I also do high impact evening looks, like a sultry smokey eye, with the same palette. I see from other reviews that there are a lot of warm toned people who love this one just as much as I (cool toned) do, so it will work no matter what your tone is.

With regard to the powder - it's very fine, easy to pick up when using a good brush, and a little goes a long way. Colour pay-off is good, but again, better when I'm using my expensive brushes as opposed to the brushes that came with my UD Naked palettes. Comparisons with the UD Naked palettes: I much prefer the Too Faced palette - with my skin tone and the hooded eye issue, I struggle to make up a complete look with just one of the palettes; the powder is harder to pick up on the brush and I need to use a lot of product to get the same colour intensity that I get with the TF palette. I probably won't buy an UD Naked palette again, but will definitely continue to keep a spare of the TF one for as long as I can still buy them!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this matte palette from Too Faced! <3
1. The colours are so beautiful, I have never owend another palette that strictly countained colours that I would actually use! (Normally there is 1-3 colours that are leftout)
2. The colours are highly pigmented which means you dont have to use much.
3. I use an eyeprimer and the eyeshadow stays put all day.
4. The packageing is delicious, love seeing it every morning.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This palette is my holy grail item. These colors are absolutely beautiful. I hate shimmery eye shadows & I always do a nude, matte eye and with this there are so many options for that. It's amazing amazing amazing! I personally think this is much better than Urban Decay's Basic palettes. I have never been disappointed with a TF Product.

on 6/20/2015 2:58:00 AM

I really liked this palette and would definitely repurchase. Like almost all TF eyeshadows, the texture is smooth and buttery, the pigmentation is good and they blend like a dream. I am a sucker for palettes, even more so when they are nude and this one was the trifecta for me since it's also matte shadows. This year alone, I have purchased Tarte's Tarlette, KVD shadow and light, Cargo Essential, (2) Bobbi Brown, (3) MAC neutral palettes, MUFE Artist #1 (plus #2 but it's not nude) and countless others. Yes, I love the MAC palettes because their MAC but honestly I reach for this without a second thought. I know the colors well and can almost mindlessly create a gorgeous look while I am still half asleep! I cannot praise this one enough and will repurchase again and again, as long as it keeps being produced.

on 6/10/2015 12:28:00 AM

Best palette I've ever purchased. These mattes are creamy with great pigmentation. Strapless is definitely my favorite color. These shadows look great with my green eyes. I can do several full looks with this. There is a great cream shadow for the browbone and a dark brown for lining.

on 5/10/2015 10:26:00 PM

All matte neutral browns/beiges/creams in a very cute and compact packaging. The quality is average at best - the shadows either crease, or completely disappear after a few hours of wear (even with the primer). They don't blend well, and create a somewhat "muddy" look. At $36, these are quite pricey, and considering that 4 out of 9 colors are EXACTLY the same as in the Natural Eyes palette, it is quite disappointing.

Overall, there is nothing unique or special about this palette. And there are much better palettes out there, with more of a variety of colors, and better quality of shadows.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Loving this palette!! I've used it every day this week and it's my favorite all-matte palette yet! It has a great mix of cool and warm shades. Four shades are repeated from the original Natural Eye palette (Heaven, Cashmere Bunny, Sexpresso and Nudie), but they're great shades and it doesn't bother me to have in both palettes. Five shades are new to this palette (Lace Teddy, Strapless, Risque, Honey Butter and Chocolate Cookie). The only thing I would change about this palette is the fact that Nudie and Cashmere Bunny are similar in tone and depth and so are Sexpresso and Risque. They're not identical, though, so it's not a problem. I also wish the Honey Butter shade was bigger as it's a fantastic transitional shade, and my favorite in the palette! The shades are as follows:

Heaven- matte cream, typical highlight shade.
Cashmere Bunny- light/medium cool taupe.
Sexpresso- dark neutral brown, good crease or liner.
Lace Teddy- light, warm pink, good allover base or lid shade.
Strapless- warm, reddish/rosy medium brown.
Risque- dark, cool plummy brown.
Nudie- light/medium taupe, warmer than Cashmere Bunny.
Honey Butter- warm caramel shade, light/medium in depth.
Chocolate Cookie- deep, rich, warm brown with a touch of red. Less rosy/red than strapless.

If you're looking for a matte palette that's small enough to travel with, but still has a good range of shades, this is a very good buy!