Too Faced Natural Matte

Too Faced Natural Matte
Natural Matte

4.5

on 7/27/2017 4:48:00 PM

This is an overall great palette. If you're looking for natural every day mattes this is it. The shadows are a similar formula to the chocolate bar palettes. The only thing I can discern as different is that these shadows are softer and therefore easily kick back from the pan.

I love to travel with this palette and can trust the look will be easy and look natural. The price of these smaller palettes do seem steep though and does hinder me from repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this palette so much. This is my second high-end neutrals palette (the other being UD naked 3) and the shades are amazingly wearable and versatile. I don't ever feel the need to reach for another palette when using this unless it's to pull 1 shimmer shade for the lid. So many different looks can be created from this palette and the layout makes so much sense for quick everyday/work looks. Because it's all matte and quite silky, I find it works really well for my hooded lids.

The texture is also super amazing but different from other shadows I've tried. Compared to the Tarte pro formula and the Anastasia MR palette, these are much less "creamy" and less pigmented - which is totally fine with 7am me. They have the silkiest formula I've ever felt though and it makes blending unbelievably easy - you could do it with a finger in a pinch. Compared to those more pigmented shadows, they also don't kick up quite so much powder and you don't have to be quite so careful about dipping in ever so gently and then blowing/tapping dust off. If you have a darker skin tone, you may want to test this out in-store to make sure the colours will show up and suit your skin tone, but on my skin (NC20) they work really well.

The palette also comes with a handy guide that shows 3 different looks if you need more inspiration.

on 3/18/2017 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is my first high-end eyeshadow palette. These shadows are soft-ish but feel slightly grainy to me. Not creamy either. they're blendable and offer a good selection for natural, everyday looks. These definitely need a primer or else they don't show up on my NC35 skin. I actually thought that once I got this I'd use it more than my drugstore shadows, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Overall, I'm not as impressed or satisfied as I thought I would be.

on 3/12/2017 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this last year to replace Naked 2 Basics because I needed something warmer. A fellow MUA-er recommended Natural Matte and it was a spot on recommendation. The shadows are so soft and pretty, and much better with my skin tone. They are also easy to blend and I've been able to do lots of different looks with this palette. It's a good palette for beginners with eyeshadow - I'm still not an expert by any means. I've recommended this to lots of people too - I'm really happy with it.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

The original Too Faced Natural Eyes palette is my #1 HG eyeshadow palette. To be honest, I think the shades in this one (despite some of them having the same name), are not the same formula/quality. If you look at the sexpresso in the natural matte palette, it's definitely lighter than the sexpresso in the original natural eyes palette. I'm not a fan of the inconsistency (the same shade names should be the same), but overall this is a nice versatile palette, and you can throw in your own shimmers and satin shadows.

on 9/9/2016 12:42:00 PM

This is a good alternative if you are like me and feel like naked basics wasn't neutral/warm at all; but in fact leaned pretty cool....

You can achieve really similar looks. This palette is more versatile and has 9 shades, not 6.

Heaven is a matte off white. Great HL or to throw on all over as a base. I tend to prefer satin or shimmer for an inner corner HL, but this does the job really well. It's a soft white so it doesn't look chalky-- it leaves a soft brightening affect.

Lace teddy is the peachy cousin of the eye brightening shade WOS in the naked basics. Initially I was disappointed slightly in this shade bc I really wanted a peach shadow. This doesn't read peach once on the eye (*my eye). It's a brightening, neutral, "healthy eyelid" looking shade. I like it a lot. It's a nice soft matte and doesn't make my lid look too powdery like some other mattes.

Nudie and cashmere bunny are both awesome as transition and crease shades respectively. Nearly ideal on my nc20 skintone. I also like cashmere bunny all over lid

Im also balls over honey butter. It is a really unique shade. Great all over lid or right above the crease for some lift

Choco cookie is awesome for outer v esp if you like those really warm/red Browns like Swiss choco or brown script.

Sexpresso and risqué could stand do be more pigmented-- and apply patchy if you are looking to build them up. On the flipside bc they aren't incrdidbly pigmented they blend out fairly easily if you are using them for just outer v work. I also like risqué a lot to tightline w a generous amount of fix+ on my brush.

So to compare to naked basics

Pros of naked basics:
Cheaper
More neutral on the spectrum
Has a black
Packaging (imo)
Not entirely matte if you prefer a non matte HL

Pros of Tf natural matte:
More shade selection
Pulls warmer
More versatile - much more mid tones
Some truly unique shades

on 8/21/2016 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Although I originally had wanted the TF Natural Eyes Palette, I'm glad I settled for this one! Normally I can't do a look that doesn't involve shimmer or metallic. I just cannot. Ever since I got this palette, mattes have tremendously started growing on me. This is perfect for interview makeup or even work. All the shades are so blendable and beautiful..as expected from TF. Strapless & Chocolate Cookie is my favorite go-to. In other palettes, I find those taupe/brown/purple shades to be chalky and skips. I'll admit I do sometimes cheat and reach for shimmers in other palettes but I'm perfectly content using this on its own. The only complaint I have is that I don't care for the lighter shades since it's the same shade as my skin so it doesn't show up. Other than that, perfect everyday palette.

Originally I've bought it for my mom but she said that she ain't got time for applying shadows and said I can keep it. Oh well.
I'm into bold colors so I don't really care for all-neutral palettes but this one is amazing. They're pigmented and blend beautifully, and the shade "Heaven" is THE BEST matte ivory shadow I've ever used. If Too Faced sold it separately I'd buy a lifetime supply, no exaggeration. I use it to set my undereye, to blend and sheer out dark eyeshadows if I applied too much- it's so opaque! Its quite powdery so I'm starting to hit the pan on this shadow alone. (Please TF make it a single shadow!)

But the rest 8 shadows are good too! I love "Strapless", Chocolate Cookie" and "Nudie" I actually use to contour my nose (the only part of my face where I need to contour, it does make a difference. I'm very pale and this is the perfect shade). I wish "Lace Teddy" was more pigmented though. The only shadow I could do without is "Risqué".
But overall it's a beautiful little palette- great for people of all ages! It's my favorite of all neutral palettes. Definitely recommend it.

on 8/15/2016 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is my go to pallete. Beautiful bendable matte colors. A great everyday look! They last and blend easy. Too faced makes great shadows in my opinion.

on 8/13/2016 11:07:00 AM

Very good quality! It's their best-selling too faced natural eyes palette in a matte formula! Before you buy if you already have the natural eyes you get four shades that are exactly in the same (heaven, cashmere bunny, sexpresso, and nudie) despite with that being the case I still think it's a good palette for those who enjoy matte eyeshades! It's especially for back to school in my opinion!