Too Faced Natural Matte

Natural Matte

4.6

on 7/27/2017 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this palette. It's hard to find really good, neutral matte colors. The shadows are buttery and super blendable. I have never had a problem with them not lasting all day. I have so many shadows, and I always grab this. I wish all of their palettes had this quality!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this palette so much. This is my second high-end neutrals palette (the other being UD naked 3) and the shades are amazingly wearable and versatile. I don't ever feel the need to reach for another palette when using this unless it's to pull 1 shimmer shade for the lid. So many different looks can be created from this palette and the layout makes so much sense for quick everyday/work looks. Because it's all matte and quite silky, I find it works really well for my hooded lids.

The texture is also super amazing but different from other shadows I've tried. Compared to the Tarte pro formula and the Anastasia MR palette, these are much less "creamy" and less pigmented - which is totally fine with 7am me. They have the silkiest formula I've ever felt though and it makes blending unbelievably easy - you could do it with a finger in a pinch. Compared to those more pigmented shadows, they also don't kick up quite so much powder and you don't have to be quite so careful about dipping in ever so gently and then blowing/tapping dust off. If you have a darker skin tone, you may want to test this out in-store to make sure the colours will show up and suit your skin tone, but on my skin (NC20) they work really well.

The palette also comes with a handy guide that shows 3 different looks if you need more inspiration.

on 12/15/2016 1:47:00 PM

I really like this. I wanted a basic matte palette that had more variety than the Naked Basics, and was not really impressed with the Kat Von D shade and light (too chalky, too many similarities in shades), LORAC pro matte (shade selection issues yet again) or the tartlettes (wanted a softer shadow). This is pretty great for what I was looking for. The shadows are soft and blendable. Heaven is your basic matte highlighter that goes with everything. Nudie and cashmere bunny work for me for eyebrow shading. Chocolate cookie, strapless, and honey butter can create a nice warm eye that can be subtle or intense. Cashmere bunny, nudie, sexpresso (lol, what a stupid name) and risqué can make a cooler eye. Lace teddy is surprisingly the winner shade for me, it is a nice all over soft warm peach, I like it for everyday with honey butter in the crease with chocolate cookie or strapless to line. I have mixed feelings on too faced, but this one is a winner for me.

on 11/6/2016 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this palette so much that I have a spare stashed away "just in case"! Originally, the biggest draw for me was that it contained only mattes, no shimmers - my hooded eyes do not carry shimmers well and it is frustrating to spend $$$ on palettes where I can only use half the shadows.

This is an incredibly versatile palette and is complete on its own - I use it for my every day work look, but I also do high impact evening looks, like a sultry smokey eye, with the same palette. I see from other reviews that there are a lot of warm toned people who love this one just as much as I (cool toned) do, so it will work no matter what your tone is.

With regard to the powder - it's very fine, easy to pick up when using a good brush, and a little goes a long way. Colour pay-off is good, but again, better when I'm using my expensive brushes as opposed to the brushes that came with my UD Naked palettes. Comparisons with the UD Naked palettes: I much prefer the Too Faced palette - with my skin tone and the hooded eye issue, I struggle to make up a complete look with just one of the palettes; the powder is harder to pick up on the brush and I need to use a lot of product to get the same colour intensity that I get with the TF palette. I probably won't buy an UD Naked palette again, but will definitely continue to keep a spare of the TF one for as long as I can still buy them!

on 9/26/2016 11:32:00 AM

This is a great basic palette for every day looks. There are nine eye shadows, in three groups of three (light, medium and dark), most warm-toned with a couple of neutrals (neither warm nor cool). The pans for the light shadows are about two and a half times the size of those for the medium and dark ones, which is terrific for those of us who use light shades as a base for the entire eyelid. The texture of the shadows is superb - highly pigmented, soft and buttery, and they blend so easily.

on 8/21/2016 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Although I originally had wanted the TF Natural Eyes Palette, I'm glad I settled for this one! Normally I can't do a look that doesn't involve shimmer or metallic. I just cannot. Ever since I got this palette, mattes have tremendously started growing on me. This is perfect for interview makeup or even work. All the shades are so blendable and beautiful..as expected from TF. Strapless & Chocolate Cookie is my favorite go-to. In other palettes, I find those taupe/brown/purple shades to be chalky and skips. I'll admit I do sometimes cheat and reach for shimmers in other palettes but I'm perfectly content using this on its own. The only complaint I have is that I don't care for the lighter shades since it's the same shade as my skin so it doesn't show up. Other than that, perfect everyday palette.

on 8/15/2016 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is my go to pallete. Beautiful bendable matte colors. A great everyday look! They last and blend easy. Too faced makes great shadows in my opinion.

on 8/6/2016 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like the color scheme.
The textures are nice to work with

LOTS of fallout which is probably normal

the ivory base and nudie are also perfect contour colors by the way so this 100% works as a contour palette too

the dark shades are not as great as the light and mid tones

wouldnt repurchase but hope to hit pan

I cant go a day without this palette!! LOVE!
I love how its so blendable,creamy,pigmented! Go without a base for a more sheer look and it still stays all day, or with a base and make it even more intense! I can do so many different looks with this palette and its still very versatile! Definitely a holygrail for daily makeup routine! I will repurchase for sure!
For me personally i only wished that the packaging was plastic instead of metal haha idk why, just my preference. And i also wished "strapless" wasnt so powdery coz its a beauuutiful shade! I HOPE too faced comes out with a bigger palette for their matte eyeshadows!

on 12/22/2015 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my go-to eye shadow palette. Huge fan of the variety of colors offered in this palette. I'm a nude, brown girl when it comes to eye shadow! I have been doing the "day" look idea that was provided with two other looks. Again, great palette, would definitely buy again!