Too Faced Natural Matte

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Too Faced Natural Matte
Natural Matte

4.8

This palette contains soft and neutral colours, looking good on every eye shape and colour. A must have if you are always in a rush and just need a wash of colour on the lids.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this palette so much. This is my second high-end neutrals palette (the other being UD naked 3) and the shades are amazingly wearable and versatile. I don't ever feel the need to reach for another palette when using this unless it's to pull 1 shimmer shade for the lid. So many different looks can be created from this palette and the layout makes so much sense for quick everyday/work looks. Because it's all matte and quite silky, I find it works really well for my hooded lids.

The texture is also super amazing but different from other shadows I've tried. Compared to the Tarte pro formula and the Anastasia MR palette, these are much less "creamy" and less pigmented - which is totally fine with 7am me. They have the silkiest formula I've ever felt though and it makes blending unbelievably easy - you could do it with a finger in a pinch. Compared to those more pigmented shadows, they also don't kick up quite so much powder and you don't have to be quite so careful about dipping in ever so gently and then blowing/tapping dust off. If you have a darker skin tone, you may want to test this out in-store to make sure the colours will show up and suit your skin tone, but on my skin (NC20) they work really well.

The palette also comes with a handy guide that shows 3 different looks if you need more inspiration.

on 3/12/2017 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this last year to replace Naked 2 Basics because I needed something warmer. A fellow MUA-er recommended Natural Matte and it was a spot on recommendation. The shadows are so soft and pretty, and much better with my skin tone. They are also easy to blend and I've been able to do lots of different looks with this palette. It's a good palette for beginners with eyeshadow - I'm still not an expert by any means. I've recommended this to lots of people too - I'm really happy with it.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

The original Too Faced Natural Eyes palette is my #1 HG eyeshadow palette. To be honest, I think the shades in this one (despite some of them having the same name), are not the same formula/quality. If you look at the sexpresso in the natural matte palette, it's definitely lighter than the sexpresso in the original natural eyes palette. I'm not a fan of the inconsistency (the same shade names should be the same), but overall this is a nice versatile palette, and you can throw in your own shimmers and satin shadows.

on 11/6/2016 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this palette so much that I have a spare stashed away "just in case"! Originally, the biggest draw for me was that it contained only mattes, no shimmers - my hooded eyes do not carry shimmers well and it is frustrating to spend $$$ on palettes where I can only use half the shadows.

This is an incredibly versatile palette and is complete on its own - I use it for my every day work look, but I also do high impact evening looks, like a sultry smokey eye, with the same palette. I see from other reviews that there are a lot of warm toned people who love this one just as much as I (cool toned) do, so it will work no matter what your tone is.

With regard to the powder - it's very fine, easy to pick up when using a good brush, and a little goes a long way. Colour pay-off is good, but again, better when I'm using my expensive brushes as opposed to the brushes that came with my UD Naked palettes. Comparisons with the UD Naked palettes: I much prefer the Too Faced palette - with my skin tone and the hooded eye issue, I struggle to make up a complete look with just one of the palettes; the powder is harder to pick up on the brush and I need to use a lot of product to get the same colour intensity that I get with the TF palette. I probably won't buy an UD Naked palette again, but will definitely continue to keep a spare of the TF one for as long as I can still buy them!

on 9/26/2016 11:32:00 AM

This is a great basic palette for every day looks. There are nine eye shadows, in three groups of three (light, medium and dark), most warm-toned with a couple of neutrals (neither warm nor cool). The pans for the light shadows are about two and a half times the size of those for the medium and dark ones, which is terrific for those of us who use light shades as a base for the entire eyelid. The texture of the shadows is superb - highly pigmented, soft and buttery, and they blend so easily.

on 8/21/2016 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Although I originally had wanted the TF Natural Eyes Palette, I'm glad I settled for this one! Normally I can't do a look that doesn't involve shimmer or metallic. I just cannot. Ever since I got this palette, mattes have tremendously started growing on me. This is perfect for interview makeup or even work. All the shades are so blendable and beautiful..as expected from TF. Strapless & Chocolate Cookie is my favorite go-to. In other palettes, I find those taupe/brown/purple shades to be chalky and skips. I'll admit I do sometimes cheat and reach for shimmers in other palettes but I'm perfectly content using this on its own. The only complaint I have is that I don't care for the lighter shades since it's the same shade as my skin so it doesn't show up. Other than that, perfect everyday palette.

on 8/13/2016 11:07:00 AM

Very good quality! It's their best-selling too faced natural eyes palette in a matte formula! Before you buy if you already have the natural eyes you get four shades that are exactly in the same (heaven, cashmere bunny, sexpresso, and nudie) despite with that being the case I still think it's a good palette for those who enjoy matte eyeshades! It's especially for back to school in my opinion!

on 8/6/2016 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like the color scheme.
The textures are nice to work with

LOTS of fallout which is probably normal

the ivory base and nudie are also perfect contour colors by the way so this 100% works as a contour palette too

the dark shades are not as great as the light and mid tones

wouldnt repurchase but hope to hit pan

on 2/26/2016 4:37:00 PM

I think this is my HG. Yep, I know it for sure. I bought this in August 2015, and I hit pan on Heaven and Nudie. With the exception of Lace Teddy (I will come back to that one), these shadows are so pigmented, creamy and ultra-blendable. When I´m in a rush, I apply this without primer and it is still perfectly fine after 6 hours or so. I have the worst brushes (no money to invest :() but I still find these to be really blendable. I think that pretty much all of the shades work perfectly on all skin tones except for Lace Teddy.

Lace Teddy seems to be quite chalky on my skin tone. For reference, I´m about an MAC NC20, so I might not see this shadow working for darker skin tones. I don´t know, I just feel like the light pinky colour of it makes it more obnoxious. I am very sorry not being able to compare this to any other palette except for UDs Naked 2. I find that these -of course only in comparison to UDs mattes- are far creamier and pigmented, although I do find that without primer, the ones from UD last a tad longer.

I have 1 final remark to make, about the packaging. I feel like my packaging is a bit wonky. The hinges are kind of loose, this might also be because of the frequent usage. Overall, I absolutely lovee this product/ palette and I really recommend it when you have a bit more to spend.
xx