Too Faced Natural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Natural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow Palette
Natural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow PaletteNatural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow Palette

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This was an impulse purchase fueled solely by the adorable packaging, and unfortunately it didn't work out.

Pros:
- adorable!
- easy to grab for those days you don't want to think about your eyeshadow and choosing shades
- soft and blendable

Cons:
- every row and color combination looks identical once applied. Yes this is a neutral palette but the three rows give the impression there is some slight variance.
- very sheer color. This was actually a bit of a plus for me because it looked blended, but I like barely there looks. Also I'm pretty pale (NW15) so anyone darker than me probably won't see this show up.
- While cute, the packaging is a bit bulky because the top is rounded.

I really wanted to like and keep this palette, I would have no problem using this as an everyday work horse but ultimately I could not justify spending $50 CAD on a mediocre product with cute packaging. I ended up returning this and will look to drugstore if I feel I need something similar in the future.

on 6/16/2018 10:41:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

What I like about the original tin packaged matte palette is the the cool and warm tones included and larger pans for highlight and light crease shades but,
I just don't think this palette is worth the price because the pigmentation wavers and the staying power is less than stellar.
I expect eight hours from a good eyeshadow and I have lower priced shadows that do this.

on 3/7/2018 3:12:00 AM

The tin packaging isn't my favorite, the magnetic lid seems loose, I'm worried that it might cause disaster when I bring this to travel. Let's talk about the shadows, those small shadows on the right are smaller than expected, but they are so creamy and pigmented. These shades are pretty as well for everyday look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am constantly on the lookout for a matte brown palette, so when I asked the employee at Ulta to show me some options, she led me directly to this one. It should have raised some red flags when she practically insisted I buy a primer with this palette.

First of all, my skin is very difficult to match (light with olive undertones). This is why I typically opt for brown, as the shades run more neutral. Cashmere Bunny is slightly too cool. Chocolate Cookie runs slightly too orange. Strapless and Honey Butter are obviously too orange. Risque and Sexpresso are slightly too cool, and I find the dark colors do not blend well and can look muddy. Nudie is a good natural shade for me, but very light (and kind of boring). Heaven works fine as a highlighter. I've never used Lace Teddy as I can already tell it's too orange. I'm really surprised that an all brown palette would have so few shades that (sort of) work for me.

The mid tones spread the most easily and stay on the longest, but that's only a couple of hours, anyway (without primer).

What I do like about the palette (after being so critical) is that it allows for easy, natural looks across a range of skin tones.

This is an OK palette, but definitely overpriced at $36 USD. I wouldn't re-purchase.

on 11/21/2017 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This couldn't hold a candle to the Nakeds matte palette that I received at the same time. This has limited colors and would only be good for a first palette. I was looking for a matte palette to flesh out my naked palettes. The naked mattes is it. This will be going back. It has nothing I need and it too pricey for what it is.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm not sure if I got a faulty palette, but the pigmentation isn't as strong as I thought it would be. I had to swatch several times before I could get some colours on my eyelids. Only the darkest three eye shadows are obvious upon its first swatch. Also, the eye shadows weren't buttery at all.

As it's a palette coming from Too Faced, I was extremely disappointed. I expected for a more pigmented buttery eye shadows.

[EDIT]
After using it for awhile, I understood that this palette isn't for strong point eye makeup, it's more for a soft natural daily contoured eyes kind of look, as that's making any sense.

To summarise, this palette will be suitable to those who prefers subtle eye shadows that can be used to contour her eyes area.

on 8/16/2017 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a great compact palette, especially for travel. I like the fact that it contains both cool and warm neutral shades for versatility. The colours are not as buttery and pigmented as some of their other palettes, such as the Chocolate Bar palette. These ones go on slightly sheer but are very silky and more easily blended than the Chocolate Bar ones, which makes it a good choice for beginners or when you're in a hurry and need a quick and natural daytime look.

This palette contains soft and neutral colours, looking good on every eye shape and colour. A must have if you are always in a rush and just need a wash of colour on the lids.

on 7/27/2017 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this palette. It's hard to find really good, neutral matte colors. The shadows are buttery and super blendable. I have never had a problem with them not lasting all day. I have so many shadows, and I always grab this. I wish all of their palettes had this quality!

on 7/27/2017 4:48:00 PM

This is an overall great palette. If you're looking for natural every day mattes this is it. The shadows are a similar formula to the chocolate bar palettes. The only thing I can discern as different is that these shadows are softer and therefore easily kick back from the pan.

I love to travel with this palette and can trust the look will be easy and look natural. The price of these smaller palettes do seem steep though and does hinder me from repurchasing.

Popular Palettes