Too Faced Natural Matte

Natural Matte

4.6

on 11/21/2017 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This couldn't hold a candle to the Nakeds matte palette that I received at the same time. This has limited colors and would only be good for a first palette. I was looking for a matte palette to flesh out my naked palettes. The naked mattes is it. This will be going back. It has nothing I need and it too pricey for what it is.

on 3/28/2016 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This has become my go to palette for daily use. I had been using Naked 1 for about two and half years and felt the need for something with nude matte shades and luckily found this and it is exactly what I was looking for. The shades are all great for daytime/office looks, nothing sparkly, shimmery, or garish. This is also great for "no makeup" looks, and my lids but better. I'm around NC15 and this would probably work best for light to medium skin with yellow undertones. A couple of the shades, Strapless and Chocolate cookie do lean more pink/red in their undertone. Personally pink tones don't look good in the eye area on me, they just make me looks sickly, but the rest of the shades are great. Sexpresso is great lash line and outer V shade. I love that Heaven is yellow based, due to my fair skin and allergies my lids tend to ruddy looking and Heaven help correct the redness without needing a tinted primer. Honey butter is a great lid shade for simple looks, and Lace Teddy and Nudie are both good for simple washes, one and done colors. I like the metal packaging and that this does close completely rather than just having a flap. Like other Too Faced palettes this comes with a small guide wit various looks that can be put together which is helpful

on 12/22/2015 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my go-to eye shadow palette. Huge fan of the variety of colors offered in this palette. I'm a nude, brown girl when it comes to eye shadow! I have been doing the "day" look idea that was provided with two other looks. Again, great palette, would definitely buy again!

on 12/5/2015 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATE 7/27/17: I am appreciating this palette more and more. Not my first thing I want to grab, but does a nice job of adding polish to even the simplest of looks. I wore the middle row the other day, was hot and sweaty wearing a big oversized peach t-shirt. My eyes looked much more put together (but not over done) than the rest of me.

UPDATE: So I am revisiting this palette. The colors are looking a bit better on me now. Not perfect, but better. I might be the change in to my winter skin or wardrobe...who knows. I will keep evaluating & update. The palette itself, I still stand by as a very good quality palette. Also, as I find myself craving less shimmer of late, this keeps pulling me in again. The first row is quite neutral and reminds me of a Bobbi Brown travel kit I have. I really like the big shade Nudie on the bottom too.

ORIGINAL: Yes, this is a good palette, if you can wear these colors. I kept hearing what a great palette this is, but it is not the best on me. The concept is great, but the colors are a bit wrong. For my nw20 deep winter complexion that brings out orange in any shade that has an iota of it (in a bad way) these colors can make me look off. The large ones on the left are nice & the second column work well too (most), but the shades in the last column, don't do much for me and tend to emphasize my dark under eye circles.

So if you pull out orange in many shades or have pretty bad dark under eye circles like me, I would be sure you have time to play with this palette before buying. I do wish they would make a one like this but more neutral tones. Too Faced other palettes are cute but they are glitter bombs. I am so, so bummed this didn't work out for me.

on 12/5/2015 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I received this for my birthday and was over the moon, such a gorgeous array of buttery-smooth mattes. There is not one colour that I dislike - a rarity in the world of eyeshadow palettes - and each shade is wearable and easy to work with. I also love that the eyeshadows come conveniently divided into three 'looks'; if you're not feeling particularly creative it's a breeze to pair the shades together in their rows, alternately you can mix and match and create a huge range of looks.

I seem to have gone off glittery shades as of late and this palette comes as a blessing. I hate to act as an enabler but I think this palette is completely worth the money - regardless of age, eyeshadow preference (unless you're really into brights, in which case this might not be for you), skin tone, whatever, this is absolutely worth it.

on 9/3/2015 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My favourite palette. Great for everyday eye makeup and you can easily switch between looks as the shades are very versatile. The palette itself can get messy easily after a few uses as the shadows are quite crumbly/fine, but they blend so well, so pigmented and I absolutely love the shades in this palette! Go get this, you won't regret! It's easily the best palette from Too Faced, I don't think even my beloved chocolate bar can compare!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This palette is my holy grail item. These colors are absolutely beautiful. I hate shimmery eye shadows & I always do a nude, matte eye and with this there are so many options for that. It's amazing amazing amazing! I personally think this is much better than Urban Decay's Basic palettes. I have never been disappointed with a TF Product.