Too Faced Natural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Natural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow Palette
Natural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow PaletteNatural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow Palette

4.1

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this palette so much. This is my second high-end neutrals palette (the other being UD naked 3) and the shades are amazingly wearable and versatile. I don't ever feel the need to reach for another palette when using this unless it's to pull 1 shimmer shade for the lid. So many different looks can be created from this palette and the layout makes so much sense for quick everyday/work looks. Because it's all matte and quite silky, I find it works really well for my hooded lids.

The texture is also super amazing but different from other shadows I've tried. Compared to the Tarte pro formula and the Anastasia MR palette, these are much less "creamy" and less pigmented - which is totally fine with 7am me. They have the silkiest formula I've ever felt though and it makes blending unbelievably easy - you could do it with a finger in a pinch. Compared to those more pigmented shadows, they also don't kick up quite so much powder and you don't have to be quite so careful about dipping in ever so gently and then blowing/tapping dust off. If you have a darker skin tone, you may want to test this out in-store to make sure the colours will show up and suit your skin tone, but on my skin (NC20) they work really well.

The palette also comes with a handy guide that shows 3 different looks if you need more inspiration.

on 3/18/2017 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is my first high-end eyeshadow palette. These shadows are soft-ish but feel slightly grainy to me. Not creamy either. they're blendable and offer a good selection for natural, everyday looks. These definitely need a primer or else they don't show up on my NC35 skin. I actually thought that once I got this I'd use it more than my drugstore shadows, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Overall, I'm not as impressed or satisfied as I thought I would be.

on 7/17/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I REALLY don't need yet another neutral eye palette, but that's not the point, right? :p

For the most part, this is a "good" basic neutral palette. A no frills, gets the job done palette which works for me. Like most Too Faced E/S, these are very blendable and they don't crease. Natural Matte isn't as pigmented as Lorac's Pro Matte, but it is more pigmented than The Balm's Meet Matt(e) Nude. Would I buy this again? No! I have too many netural palettes! :p But if you're looking for a basic nude palette because you don't have one; something that's good for travel, definately pick this one up

This is matte perfection in one small compact. Starting with the packaging which is a small and slim tin with a magnetized closing. The lace print is just so pretty and luxe-looking. The Inside is plastic but sturdy with a small rectangular mirror for on-the-go magic. I particularly liked the gorgeously illustrated leaflet on how to use the different groups of shades: Day, Classic, and Fashion. The 3 larger shades for highlighting/whole-lid shading measures at 2.0g each, with the 6 smaller shades 0.9g each.

I have hooded/almond eyes so the choice of in-between, medium shades works well for me. The shades are very well-balanced, there aren't any extreme or dud colours which makes this great value for money. The highlight shades are flesh toned which avoids harshness on the brow bone- a must for modern every day make-up! The middle shades are the most beautiful ones, there are all totally wearable- which I love. The last column of darker accent/lining shades are also not extremely dark but soft and rich.

Super-easy to apply, blend and build colour. These shadows glide on smoothly without lumps or inconsistencies- they just melt on like a creamy powder. Just one shade on the eyes (with mascara) is enough to make just about anybody look prettier.

I tend to skip eye primer and so far have had no problems with fall-out/fading/creasing. Touch-ups have not been necessary. I have noticed that I get loads of compliments even though I wear the same natural look all the time- again, it is definitely the palette doing the hard work! If anyone is having trouble deciding, I recommend swatching this palette at your nearest stockist- this is a truly versatile, top quality and wearable staple. Whether you want to wear one shade or four on any given day, there can't be any wrong choices. neutral without being boring is what springs to mind- it's a sultry kind of natural.

I will definitely be using all nine colours until the pans run empty. In fact, I am looking forward to re-purchasing =)

Approx. AUS$55

on 6/18/2015 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I do really like Too Faced matte eyeshadow, they are up there with Urban Decay and even Bobbi Brown. Unfortunately, I would not rebuy this one. Although the colors are lovely and they blend and look lovely, they are dusty with fallout. I never had this problem with the first matte palette. Also, the packaging is heavy. I actually prefer the cardboard package with the stronger magnetic closure.

Pros:
lovely natural colors
good price
all matte
creamy feel

Cons:
Not packed down firmly
loose dusty
fallout
heavy metal package
magnet doesn't grip tightly

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I saw an early review of this on Youtube (about a month before its release) so when Sephora sent out the 15% off for VIBs I visited a store and this was the only palette that I noticed and wanted to have. I've been recently been getting into more matte eyeshadows for a less dramatic eye look on a daily basis. I own both of the Urban Decay Basics palettes, but I'm liking this one better than the other two.

Being in Canada and a student I do think the price is rather high ($46 plus 13% tax), but if you are a make-up/eye shadow lover and you want a good matte palette this is great. The colours are very nice and the consistency is nice and more buttery than the Urban Decay shadows, which I can find be a bit chalky sometimes. I don't own any other Too Faced palettes, but from what I've seen it is pretty similar to one of their previous palettes.

The packaging is gorgeous, a really nice box with a nice texture and the tin packaging for the palette itself is really pretty too. The lace design is really beautiful and opening or closing the palette is easy. My only issue with the packaging is the inside of it. You know that cheap plastic that holds the shadows in some of the BH Cosmetics palettes? It's essentially the same thing but the plastic isn't as flimsy. I was kind of disappointed upon noticing that because if someone is going to pay close to $50 for eyeshadows there should be higher quality packaging.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Loving this palette!! I've used it every day this week and it's my favorite all-matte palette yet! It has a great mix of cool and warm shades. Four shades are repeated from the original Natural Eye palette (Heaven, Cashmere Bunny, Sexpresso and Nudie), but they're great shades and it doesn't bother me to have in both palettes. Five shades are new to this palette (Lace Teddy, Strapless, Risque, Honey Butter and Chocolate Cookie). The only thing I would change about this palette is the fact that Nudie and Cashmere Bunny are similar in tone and depth and so are Sexpresso and Risque. They're not identical, though, so it's not a problem. I also wish the Honey Butter shade was bigger as it's a fantastic transitional shade, and my favorite in the palette! The shades are as follows:

Heaven- matte cream, typical highlight shade.
Cashmere Bunny- light/medium cool taupe.
Sexpresso- dark neutral brown, good crease or liner.
Lace Teddy- light, warm pink, good allover base or lid shade.
Strapless- warm, reddish/rosy medium brown.
Risque- dark, cool plummy brown.
Nudie- light/medium taupe, warmer than Cashmere Bunny.
Honey Butter- warm caramel shade, light/medium in depth.
Chocolate Cookie- deep, rich, warm brown with a touch of red. Less rosy/red than strapless.

If you're looking for a matte palette that's small enough to travel with, but still has a good range of shades, this is a very good buy!

Popular Palettes