Too Faced Natural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Too Faced Natural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow Palette
Natural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow PaletteNatural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow PaletteNatural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow Palette

4.4

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This was an impulse purchase fueled solely by the adorable packaging, and unfortunately it didn't work out.

Pros:
- adorable!
- easy to grab for those days you don't want to think about your eyeshadow and choosing shades
- soft and blendable

Cons:
- every row and color combination looks identical once applied. Yes this is a neutral palette but the three rows give the impression there is some slight variance.
- very sheer color. This was actually a bit of a plus for me because it looked blended, but I like barely there looks. Also I'm pretty pale (NW15) so anyone darker than me probably won't see this show up.
- While cute, the packaging is a bit bulky because the top is rounded.

I really wanted to like and keep this palette, I would have no problem using this as an everyday work horse but ultimately I could not justify spending $50 CAD on a mediocre product with cute packaging. I ended up returning this and will look to drugstore if I feel I need something similar in the future.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am constantly on the lookout for a matte brown palette, so when I asked the employee at Ulta to show me some options, she led me directly to this one. It should have raised some red flags when she practically insisted I buy a primer with this palette.

First of all, my skin is very difficult to match (light with olive undertones). This is why I typically opt for brown, as the shades run more neutral. Cashmere Bunny is slightly too cool. Chocolate Cookie runs slightly too orange. Strapless and Honey Butter are obviously too orange. Risque and Sexpresso are slightly too cool, and I find the dark colors do not blend well and can look muddy. Nudie is a good natural shade for me, but very light (and kind of boring). Heaven works fine as a highlighter. I've never used Lace Teddy as I can already tell it's too orange. I'm really surprised that an all brown palette would have so few shades that (sort of) work for me.

The mid tones spread the most easily and stay on the longest, but that's only a couple of hours, anyway (without primer).

What I do like about the palette (after being so critical) is that it allows for easy, natural looks across a range of skin tones.

This is an OK palette, but definitely overpriced at $36 USD. I wouldn't re-purchase.

on 11/21/2017 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This couldn't hold a candle to the Nakeds matte palette that I received at the same time. This has limited colors and would only be good for a first palette. I was looking for a matte palette to flesh out my naked palettes. The naked mattes is it. This will be going back. It has nothing I need and it too pricey for what it is.

on 8/16/2017 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a great compact palette, especially for travel. I like the fact that it contains both cool and warm neutral shades for versatility. The colours are not as buttery and pigmented as some of their other palettes, such as the Chocolate Bar palette. These ones go on slightly sheer but are very silky and more easily blended than the Chocolate Bar ones, which makes it a good choice for beginners or when you're in a hurry and need a quick and natural daytime look.

on 7/27/2017 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this palette. It's hard to find really good, neutral matte colors. The shadows are buttery and super blendable. I have never had a problem with them not lasting all day. I have so many shadows, and I always grab this. I wish all of their palettes had this quality!

on 7/26/2017 5:55:00 PM

I love this palette! I've been working on it for a long time now. I use each and every color. There are so many different ones you can mix and match with. Hands down one of the BEST and most versatile makeup palettes I have ever owned.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Obsessed. Me in an eyeshadow palette. 💋💋💋

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this palette so much. This is my second high-end neutrals palette (the other being UD naked 3) and the shades are amazingly wearable and versatile. I don't ever feel the need to reach for another palette when using this unless it's to pull 1 shimmer shade for the lid. So many different looks can be created from this palette and the layout makes so much sense for quick everyday/work looks. Because it's all matte and quite silky, I find it works really well for my hooded lids.

The texture is also super amazing but different from other shadows I've tried. Compared to the Tarte pro formula and the Anastasia MR palette, these are much less "creamy" and less pigmented - which is totally fine with 7am me. They have the silkiest formula I've ever felt though and it makes blending unbelievably easy - you could do it with a finger in a pinch. Compared to those more pigmented shadows, they also don't kick up quite so much powder and you don't have to be quite so careful about dipping in ever so gently and then blowing/tapping dust off. If you have a darker skin tone, you may want to test this out in-store to make sure the colours will show up and suit your skin tone, but on my skin (NC20) they work really well.

The palette also comes with a handy guide that shows 3 different looks if you need more inspiration.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Until this palette, I wasn't much of a Too Faced eyeshadow fan. Their quality is hit-and-miss, especially the holiday sets. But I am loving this one. It's my go-to for work looks, and you can transition into neutral evening looks really easily too.

The shades are soft and silky, and blend so nicely. These are some of the best matte shadows I have ever used! (and I am somewhat of an eyeshadow palette collector) The pigment is great.

If you are looking for a neutral matte palette - this is the one. I also have the Lorac matte pro - also a nice palette, but the Too Faced palette has so much more versatility with the shades. Whenever I travel, this is the palette I take with me. So much versatility, and the hard packaging make it great for travel.

My only complaints: being very cool toned, the bottom 2 shades "honey butter" and "chocolate cookie" pull very orange on me. The top row is very cool toned, the middle row is cool/neutral, and the bottom row is more warm, but nudie works great for me.

And I have to mention the shade names... I think my niece's would absolutely love this palette, but I just can't bring myself to buy those teenagers something that says "sexpresso" on it. I wish they were named something more tame.

on 12/25/2016 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My boyfriend gave me this one as a present and it's my new holy grail product. Extremely long lasting, even when it's raining or snowing, super creamy, easy to blend, not fading. They could be a little bit more pigmented, but they are the best for day wear. 90%