Too Faced Natural Matte

Too Faced Natural Matte
Natural Matte

4.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am constantly on the lookout for a matte brown palette, so when I asked the employee at Ulta to show me some options, she led me directly to this one. It should have raised some red flags when she practically insisted I buy a primer with this palette.

First of all, my skin is very difficult to match (light with olive undertones). This is why I typically opt for brown, as the shades run more neutral. Cashmere Bunny is slightly too cool. Chocolate Cookie runs slightly too orange. Strapless and Honey Butter are obviously too orange. Risque and Sexpresso are slightly too cool, and I find the dark colors do not blend well and can look muddy. Nudie is a good natural shade for me, but very light (and kind of boring). Heaven works fine as a highlighter. I've never used Lace Teddy as I can already tell it's too orange. I'm really surprised that an all brown palette would have so few shades that (sort of) work for me.

The mid tones spread the most easily and stay on the longest, but that's only a couple of hours, anyway (without primer).

What I do like about the palette (after being so critical) is that it allows for easy, natural looks across a range of skin tones.

This is an OK palette, but definitely overpriced at $36 USD. I wouldn't re-purchase.

on 11/21/2017 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This couldn't hold a candle to the Nakeds matte palette that I received at the same time. This has limited colors and would only be good for a first palette. I was looking for a matte palette to flesh out my naked palettes. The naked mattes is it. This will be going back. It has nothing I need and it too pricey for what it is.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm not sure if I got a faulty palette, but the pigmentation isn't as strong as I thought it would be. I had to swatch several times before I could get some colours on my eyelids. Only the darkest three eye shadows are obvious upon its first swatch. Also, the eye shadows weren't buttery at all.

As it's a palette coming from Too Faced, I was extremely disappointed. I expected for a more pigmented buttery eye shadows.

[EDIT]
After using it for awhile, I understood that this palette isn't for strong point eye makeup, it's more for a soft natural daily contoured eyes kind of look, as that's making any sense.

To summarise, this palette will be suitable to those who prefers subtle eye shadows that can be used to contour her eyes area.

on 8/16/2017 7:52:00 PM

This is a great compact palette, especially for travel. I like the fact that it contains both cool and warm neutral shades for versatility. The colours are not as buttery and pigmented as some of their other palettes, such as the Chocolate Bar palette. These ones go on slightly sheer but are very silky and more easily blended than the Chocolate Bar ones, which makes it a good choice for beginners or when you're in a hurry and need a quick and natural daytime look.

This palette contains soft and neutral colours, looking good on every eye shape and colour. A must have if you are always in a rush and just need a wash of colour on the lids.

on 7/27/2017 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this palette. It's hard to find really good, neutral matte colors. The shadows are buttery and super blendable. I have never had a problem with them not lasting all day. I have so many shadows, and I always grab this. I wish all of their palettes had this quality!

on 7/27/2017 4:48:00 PM

This is an overall great palette. If you're looking for natural every day mattes this is it. The shadows are a similar formula to the chocolate bar palettes. The only thing I can discern as different is that these shadows are softer and therefore easily kick back from the pan.

I love to travel with this palette and can trust the look will be easy and look natural. The price of these smaller palettes do seem steep though and does hinder me from repurchasing.

on 7/26/2017 5:55:00 PM

I love this palette! I've been working on it for a long time now. I use each and every color. There are so many different ones you can mix and match with. Hands down one of the BEST and most versatile makeup palettes I have ever owned.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this palette so much. This is my second high-end neutrals palette (the other being UD naked 3) and the shades are amazingly wearable and versatile. I don't ever feel the need to reach for another palette when using this unless it's to pull 1 shimmer shade for the lid. So many different looks can be created from this palette and the layout makes so much sense for quick everyday/work looks. Because it's all matte and quite silky, I find it works really well for my hooded lids.

The texture is also super amazing but different from other shadows I've tried. Compared to the Tarte pro formula and the Anastasia MR palette, these are much less "creamy" and less pigmented - which is totally fine with 7am me. They have the silkiest formula I've ever felt though and it makes blending unbelievably easy - you could do it with a finger in a pinch. Compared to those more pigmented shadows, they also don't kick up quite so much powder and you don't have to be quite so careful about dipping in ever so gently and then blowing/tapping dust off. If you have a darker skin tone, you may want to test this out in-store to make sure the colours will show up and suit your skin tone, but on my skin (NC20) they work really well.

The palette also comes with a handy guide that shows 3 different looks if you need more inspiration.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure