Too Faced Natural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Natural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow Palette
Natural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow PaletteNatural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow Palette

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This was an impulse purchase fueled solely by the adorable packaging, and unfortunately it didn't work out.

Pros:
- adorable!
- easy to grab for those days you don't want to think about your eyeshadow and choosing shades
- soft and blendable

Cons:
- every row and color combination looks identical once applied. Yes this is a neutral palette but the three rows give the impression there is some slight variance.
- very sheer color. This was actually a bit of a plus for me because it looked blended, but I like barely there looks. Also I'm pretty pale (NW15) so anyone darker than me probably won't see this show up.
- While cute, the packaging is a bit bulky because the top is rounded.

I really wanted to like and keep this palette, I would have no problem using this as an everyday work horse but ultimately I could not justify spending $50 CAD on a mediocre product with cute packaging. I ended up returning this and will look to drugstore if I feel I need something similar in the future.

on 6/16/2018 10:41:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

What I like about the original tin packaged matte palette is the the cool and warm tones included and larger pans for highlight and light crease shades but,
I just don't think this palette is worth the price because the pigmentation wavers and the staying power is less than stellar.
I expect eight hours from a good eyeshadow and I have lower priced shadows that do this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am constantly on the lookout for a matte brown palette, so when I asked the employee at Ulta to show me some options, she led me directly to this one. It should have raised some red flags when she practically insisted I buy a primer with this palette.

First of all, my skin is very difficult to match (light with olive undertones). This is why I typically opt for brown, as the shades run more neutral. Cashmere Bunny is slightly too cool. Chocolate Cookie runs slightly too orange. Strapless and Honey Butter are obviously too orange. Risque and Sexpresso are slightly too cool, and I find the dark colors do not blend well and can look muddy. Nudie is a good natural shade for me, but very light (and kind of boring). Heaven works fine as a highlighter. I've never used Lace Teddy as I can already tell it's too orange. I'm really surprised that an all brown palette would have so few shades that (sort of) work for me.

The mid tones spread the most easily and stay on the longest, but that's only a couple of hours, anyway (without primer).

What I do like about the palette (after being so critical) is that it allows for easy, natural looks across a range of skin tones.

This is an OK palette, but definitely overpriced at $36 USD. I wouldn't re-purchase.

on 11/21/2017 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This couldn't hold a candle to the Nakeds matte palette that I received at the same time. This has limited colors and would only be good for a first palette. I was looking for a matte palette to flesh out my naked palettes. The naked mattes is it. This will be going back. It has nothing I need and it too pricey for what it is.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm not sure if I got a faulty palette, but the pigmentation isn't as strong as I thought it would be. I had to swatch several times before I could get some colours on my eyelids. Only the darkest three eye shadows are obvious upon its first swatch. Also, the eye shadows weren't buttery at all.

As it's a palette coming from Too Faced, I was extremely disappointed. I expected for a more pigmented buttery eye shadows.

[EDIT]
After using it for awhile, I understood that this palette isn't for strong point eye makeup, it's more for a soft natural daily contoured eyes kind of look, as that's making any sense.

To summarise, this palette will be suitable to those who prefers subtle eye shadows that can be used to contour her eyes area.

on 3/18/2017 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is my first high-end eyeshadow palette. These shadows are soft-ish but feel slightly grainy to me. Not creamy either. they're blendable and offer a good selection for natural, everyday looks. These definitely need a primer or else they don't show up on my NC35 skin. I actually thought that once I got this I'd use it more than my drugstore shadows, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Overall, I'm not as impressed or satisfied as I thought I would be.

on 8/6/2016 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like the color scheme.
The textures are nice to work with

LOTS of fallout which is probably normal

the ivory base and nudie are also perfect contour colors by the way so this 100% works as a contour palette too

the dark shades are not as great as the light and mid tones

wouldnt repurchase but hope to hit pan

on 12/13/2015 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love the colors, and love the full-matte of this palette (great for hooded eyes). This was one of my first eye palettes, so with nothing to compare it to, I loved it! But once I got the Lorac Pro, I realized how chalky and hard to blend Too Faced's shadows are, and haven't really touched this palette since.

on 6/18/2015 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I do really like Too Faced matte eyeshadow, they are up there with Urban Decay and even Bobbi Brown. Unfortunately, I would not rebuy this one. Although the colors are lovely and they blend and look lovely, they are dusty with fallout. I never had this problem with the first matte palette. Also, the packaging is heavy. I actually prefer the cardboard package with the stronger magnetic closure.

Pros:
lovely natural colors
good price
all matte
creamy feel

Cons:
Not packed down firmly
loose dusty
fallout
heavy metal package
magnet doesn't grip tightly

on 5/10/2015 10:26:00 PM

All matte neutral browns/beiges/creams in a very cute and compact packaging. The quality is average at best - the shadows either crease, or completely disappear after a few hours of wear (even with the primer). They don't blend well, and create a somewhat "muddy" look. At $36, these are quite pricey, and considering that 4 out of 9 colors are EXACTLY the same as in the Natural Eyes palette, it is quite disappointing.

Overall, there is nothing unique or special about this palette. And there are much better palettes out there, with more of a variety of colors, and better quality of shadows.