Too Faced Natural Matte

Natural Matte

4.6

on 11/21/2017 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This couldn't hold a candle to the Nakeds matte palette that I received at the same time. This has limited colors and would only be good for a first palette. I was looking for a matte palette to flesh out my naked palettes. The naked mattes is it. This will be going back. It has nothing I need and it too pricey for what it is.

I'm not sure if I got a faulty palette, but the pigmentation isn't as strong as I thought it would be. I had to swatch several times before I could get some colours on my eyelids. Only the darkest three eye shadows are obvious upon its first swatch. Also, the eye shadows weren't buttery at all.

As it's a palette coming from Too Faced, I was extremely disappointed. I expected for a more pigmented buttery eye shadows.

[EDIT]
After using it for awhile, I understood that this palette isn't for strong point eye makeup, it's more for a soft natural daily contoured eyes kind of look, as that's making any sense.

To summarise, this palette will be suitable to those who prefers subtle eye shadows that can be used to contour her eyes area.

on 3/18/2017 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is my first high-end eyeshadow palette. These shadows are soft-ish but feel slightly grainy to me. Not creamy either. they're blendable and offer a good selection for natural, everyday looks. These definitely need a primer or else they don't show up on my NC35 skin. I actually thought that once I got this I'd use it more than my drugstore shadows, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Overall, I'm not as impressed or satisfied as I thought I would be.

on 8/6/2016 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like the color scheme.
The textures are nice to work with

LOTS of fallout which is probably normal

the ivory base and nudie are also perfect contour colors by the way so this 100% works as a contour palette too

the dark shades are not as great as the light and mid tones

wouldnt repurchase but hope to hit pan

on 12/13/2015 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love the colors, and love the full-matte of this palette (great for hooded eyes). This was one of my first eye palettes, so with nothing to compare it to, I loved it! But once I got the Lorac Pro, I realized how chalky and hard to blend Too Faced's shadows are, and haven't really touched this palette since.

on 6/18/2015 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I do really like Too Faced matte eyeshadow, they are up there with Urban Decay and even Bobbi Brown. Unfortunately, I would not rebuy this one. Although the colors are lovely and they blend and look lovely, they are dusty with fallout. I never had this problem with the first matte palette. Also, the packaging is heavy. I actually prefer the cardboard package with the stronger magnetic closure.

Pros:
lovely natural colors
good price
all matte
creamy feel

Cons:
Not packed down firmly
loose dusty
fallout
heavy metal package
magnet doesn't grip tightly

on 5/10/2015 10:26:00 PM

All matte neutral browns/beiges/creams in a very cute and compact packaging. The quality is average at best - the shadows either crease, or completely disappear after a few hours of wear (even with the primer). They don't blend well, and create a somewhat "muddy" look. At $36, these are quite pricey, and considering that 4 out of 9 colors are EXACTLY the same as in the Natural Eyes palette, it is quite disappointing.

Overall, there is nothing unique or special about this palette. And there are much better palettes out there, with more of a variety of colors, and better quality of shadows.

This palette contains soft and neutral colours, looking good on every eye shape and colour. A must have if you are always in a rush and just need a wash of colour on the lids.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

The original Too Faced Natural Eyes palette is my #1 HG eyeshadow palette. To be honest, I think the shades in this one (despite some of them having the same name), are not the same formula/quality. If you look at the sexpresso in the natural matte palette, it's definitely lighter than the sexpresso in the original natural eyes palette. I'm not a fan of the inconsistency (the same shade names should be the same), but overall this is a nice versatile palette, and you can throw in your own shimmers and satin shadows.

on 12/15/2016 1:47:00 PM

I really like this. I wanted a basic matte palette that had more variety than the Naked Basics, and was not really impressed with the Kat Von D shade and light (too chalky, too many similarities in shades), LORAC pro matte (shade selection issues yet again) or the tartlettes (wanted a softer shadow). This is pretty great for what I was looking for. The shadows are soft and blendable. Heaven is your basic matte highlighter that goes with everything. Nudie and cashmere bunny work for me for eyebrow shading. Chocolate cookie, strapless, and honey butter can create a nice warm eye that can be subtle or intense. Cashmere bunny, nudie, sexpresso (lol, what a stupid name) and risqué can make a cooler eye. Lace teddy is surprisingly the winner shade for me, it is a nice all over soft warm peach, I like it for everyday with honey butter in the crease with chocolate cookie or strapless to line. I have mixed feelings on too faced, but this one is a winner for me.