Too Faced Natural Matte

Too Faced Natural Matte
Natural Matte

4.8

on 7/26/2017 5:55:00 PM

I love this palette! I've been working on it for a long time now. I use each and every color. There are so many different ones you can mix and match with. Hands down one of the BEST and most versatile makeup palettes I have ever owned.

on 3/12/2017 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this last year to replace Naked 2 Basics because I needed something warmer. A fellow MUA-er recommended Natural Matte and it was a spot on recommendation. The shadows are so soft and pretty, and much better with my skin tone. They are also easy to blend and I've been able to do lots of different looks with this palette. It's a good palette for beginners with eyeshadow - I'm still not an expert by any means. I've recommended this to lots of people too - I'm really happy with it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Until this palette, I wasn't much of a Too Faced eyeshadow fan. Their quality is hit-and-miss, especially the holiday sets. But I am loving this one. It's my go-to for work looks, and you can transition into neutral evening looks really easily too.

The shades are soft and silky, and blend so nicely. These are some of the best matte shadows I have ever used! (and I am somewhat of an eyeshadow palette collector) The pigment is great.

If you are looking for a neutral matte palette - this is the one. I also have the Lorac matte pro - also a nice palette, but the Too Faced palette has so much more versatility with the shades. Whenever I travel, this is the palette I take with me. So much versatility, and the hard packaging make it great for travel.

My only complaints: being very cool toned, the bottom 2 shades "honey butter" and "chocolate cookie" pull very orange on me. The top row is very cool toned, the middle row is cool/neutral, and the bottom row is more warm, but nudie works great for me.

And I have to mention the shade names... I think my niece's would absolutely love this palette, but I just can't bring myself to buy those teenagers something that says "sexpresso" on it. I wish they were named something more tame.

on 12/30/2015 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

I owned the Original Naked pallete prior to purchasing this Natural Matte one, and let me tell ya, i didn't have a damn clue what i was doing with eyeshadow. i know it sounds silly, but no matter how many Youtube videos i watched on eyeshadow tutorials, i just didn't get it. One day, i was in Ulta and confessed to the girl at the counter that i had no idea how to apply my eyeshadow right. I obviously needed a beginner's palette. THIS is what she recommended and THIS is AMAZING. Too Faced is forever my favorite for eyeshadows because they include 3 simple looks with a guide for each of these small palettes that they sell. After using this palette for a while, everything has fallen into place , and i finally understand. Brushes are also an important factor in correctly applying your eyeshadow and making it look right, but the first step is buying this palette if you're a beginner, or anyone for that matter. Beautiful, everyday colors for a natural look are something every woman needs in their makeup drawer. Do not hesitate to make this purchase, you won't regret it

on 12/5/2015 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATE 7/27/17: I am appreciating this palette more and more. Not my first thing I want to grab, but does a nice job of adding polish to even the simplest of looks. I wore the middle row the other day, was hot and sweaty wearing a big oversized peach t-shirt. My eyes looked much more put together (but not over done) than the rest of me.

UPDATE: So I am revisiting this palette. The colors are looking a bit better on me now. Not perfect, but better. I might be the change in to my winter skin or wardrobe...who knows. I will keep evaluating & update. The palette itself, I still stand by as a very good quality palette. Also, as I find myself craving less shimmer of late, this keeps pulling me in again. The first row is quite neutral and reminds me of a Bobbi Brown travel kit I have. I really like the big shade Nudie on the bottom too.

ORIGINAL: Yes, this is a good palette, if you can wear these colors. I kept hearing what a great palette this is, but it is not the best on me. The concept is great, but the colors are a bit wrong. For my nw20 deep winter complexion that brings out orange in any shade that has an iota of it (in a bad way) these colors can make me look off. The large ones on the left are nice & the second column work well too (most), but the shades in the last column, don't do much for me and tend to emphasize my dark under eye circles.

So if you pull out orange in many shades or have pretty bad dark under eye circles like me, I would be sure you have time to play with this palette before buying. I do wish they would make a one like this but more neutral tones. Too Faced other palettes are cute but they are glitter bombs. I am so, so bummed this didn't work out for me.

on 7/17/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I REALLY don't need yet another neutral eye palette, but that's not the point, right? :p

For the most part, this is a "good" basic neutral palette. A no frills, gets the job done palette which works for me. Like most Too Faced E/S, these are very blendable and they don't crease. Natural Matte isn't as pigmented as Lorac's Pro Matte, but it is more pigmented than The Balm's Meet Matt(e) Nude. Would I buy this again? No! I have too many netural palettes! :p But if you're looking for a basic nude palette because you don't have one; something that's good for travel, definately pick this one up