Too Faced Natural Matte

Natural Matte

4.5

on 7/27/2017 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this palette. It's hard to find really good, neutral matte colors. The shadows are buttery and super blendable. I have never had a problem with them not lasting all day. I have so many shadows, and I always grab this. I wish all of their palettes had this quality!

on 7/27/2017 4:48:00 PM

This is an overall great palette. If you're looking for natural every day mattes this is it. The shadows are a similar formula to the chocolate bar palettes. The only thing I can discern as different is that these shadows are softer and therefore easily kick back from the pan.

I love to travel with this palette and can trust the look will be easy and look natural. The price of these smaller palettes do seem steep though and does hinder me from repurchasing.

on 12/15/2016 1:47:00 PM

I really like this. I wanted a basic matte palette that had more variety than the Naked Basics, and was not really impressed with the Kat Von D shade and light (too chalky, too many similarities in shades), LORAC pro matte (shade selection issues yet again) or the tartlettes (wanted a softer shadow). This is pretty great for what I was looking for. The shadows are soft and blendable. Heaven is your basic matte highlighter that goes with everything. Nudie and cashmere bunny work for me for eyebrow shading. Chocolate cookie, strapless, and honey butter can create a nice warm eye that can be subtle or intense. Cashmere bunny, nudie, sexpresso (lol, what a stupid name) and risqué can make a cooler eye. Lace teddy is surprisingly the winner shade for me, it is a nice all over soft warm peach, I like it for everyday with honey butter in the crease with chocolate cookie or strapless to line. I have mixed feelings on too faced, but this one is a winner for me.

on 11/6/2016 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this palette so much that I have a spare stashed away "just in case"! Originally, the biggest draw for me was that it contained only mattes, no shimmers - my hooded eyes do not carry shimmers well and it is frustrating to spend $$$ on palettes where I can only use half the shadows.

This is an incredibly versatile palette and is complete on its own - I use it for my every day work look, but I also do high impact evening looks, like a sultry smokey eye, with the same palette. I see from other reviews that there are a lot of warm toned people who love this one just as much as I (cool toned) do, so it will work no matter what your tone is.

With regard to the powder - it's very fine, easy to pick up when using a good brush, and a little goes a long way. Colour pay-off is good, but again, better when I'm using my expensive brushes as opposed to the brushes that came with my UD Naked palettes. Comparisons with the UD Naked palettes: I much prefer the Too Faced palette - with my skin tone and the hooded eye issue, I struggle to make up a complete look with just one of the palettes; the powder is harder to pick up on the brush and I need to use a lot of product to get the same colour intensity that I get with the TF palette. I probably won't buy an UD Naked palette again, but will definitely continue to keep a spare of the TF one for as long as I can still buy them!

on 9/9/2016 12:42:00 PM

This is a good alternative if you are like me and feel like naked basics wasn't neutral/warm at all; but in fact leaned pretty cool....

You can achieve really similar looks. This palette is more versatile and has 9 shades, not 6.

Heaven is a matte off white. Great HL or to throw on all over as a base. I tend to prefer satin or shimmer for an inner corner HL, but this does the job really well. It's a soft white so it doesn't look chalky-- it leaves a soft brightening affect.

Lace teddy is the peachy cousin of the eye brightening shade WOS in the naked basics. Initially I was disappointed slightly in this shade bc I really wanted a peach shadow. This doesn't read peach once on the eye (*my eye). It's a brightening, neutral, "healthy eyelid" looking shade. I like it a lot. It's a nice soft matte and doesn't make my lid look too powdery like some other mattes.

Nudie and cashmere bunny are both awesome as transition and crease shades respectively. Nearly ideal on my nc20 skintone. I also like cashmere bunny all over lid

Im also balls over honey butter. It is a really unique shade. Great all over lid or right above the crease for some lift

Choco cookie is awesome for outer v esp if you like those really warm/red Browns like Swiss choco or brown script.

Sexpresso and risqué could stand do be more pigmented-- and apply patchy if you are looking to build them up. On the flipside bc they aren't incrdidbly pigmented they blend out fairly easily if you are using them for just outer v work. I also like risqué a lot to tightline w a generous amount of fix+ on my brush.

So to compare to naked basics

Pros of naked basics:
Cheaper
More neutral on the spectrum
Has a black
Packaging (imo)
Not entirely matte if you prefer a non matte HL

Pros of Tf natural matte:
More shade selection
Pulls warmer
More versatile - much more mid tones
Some truly unique shades

on 8/6/2016 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like the color scheme.
The textures are nice to work with

LOTS of fallout which is probably normal

the ivory base and nudie are also perfect contour colors by the way so this 100% works as a contour palette too

the dark shades are not as great as the light and mid tones

wouldnt repurchase but hope to hit pan

on 3/28/2016 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This has become my go to palette for daily use. I had been using Naked 1 for about two and half years and felt the need for something with nude matte shades and luckily found this and it is exactly what I was looking for. The shades are all great for daytime/office looks, nothing sparkly, shimmery, or garish. This is also great for "no makeup" looks, and my lids but better. I'm around NC15 and this would probably work best for light to medium skin with yellow undertones. A couple of the shades, Strapless and Chocolate cookie do lean more pink/red in their undertone. Personally pink tones don't look good in the eye area on me, they just make me looks sickly, but the rest of the shades are great. Sexpresso is great lash line and outer V shade. I love that Heaven is yellow based, due to my fair skin and allergies my lids tend to ruddy looking and Heaven help correct the redness without needing a tinted primer. Honey butter is a great lid shade for simple looks, and Lace Teddy and Nudie are both good for simple washes, one and done colors. I like the metal packaging and that this does close completely rather than just having a flap. Like other Too Faced palettes this comes with a small guide wit various looks that can be put together which is helpful

I just love so much this palette!!! There are some looks in roll if you are on the go and don´t have time to think about putting together some look or there are some look cards also. The pigmentation is great and e leans to warmer tones. I just love it!

on 7/7/2015 4:28:00 PM

This palette is everything I hoped for and more.
I had been waiting for months for Urban Decay to launch in Australia so I could purchase Naked Basics 1 or 2, when I saw this on the Too-Faced website in the U.S. The minute I found it, I abandoned all plans for Urban Decay and got this sent from the States via a freight forwarding company. Worth every pretty penny I spent (it's now available in Aus too).
The shades are all so wearable. Looking at the palette, I was confident a few would suit me; I was surprised to find out how much some others made my eyes pop. I use this palette every day, day or night. It's so easy to work with and I dont have to think much about what I'll do.
Formula-wise, the eyeshadows are beautiful and I prefer them to my Stila palette. Creamy, pigmented, blendable, long-lasting...tick, tick, tick. I sometimes get fallout but that's not a deal-breaker for me; I do my eyes before my foundation anyway.
This palette is an amazing staple for any collection, so wearable for every day and my favorite purchase to date.
Couldn't live without it.

This is matte perfection in one small compact. Starting with the packaging which is a small and slim tin with a magnetized closing. The lace print is just so pretty and luxe-looking. The Inside is plastic but sturdy with a small rectangular mirror for on-the-go magic. I particularly liked the gorgeously illustrated leaflet on how to use the different groups of shades: Day, Classic, and Fashion. The 3 larger shades for highlighting/whole-lid shading measures at 2.0g each, with the 6 smaller shades 0.9g each.

I have hooded/almond eyes so the choice of in-between, medium shades works well for me. The shades are very well-balanced, there aren't any extreme or dud colours which makes this great value for money. The highlight shades are flesh toned which avoids harshness on the brow bone- a must for modern every day make-up! The middle shades are the most beautiful ones, there are all totally wearable- which I love. The last column of darker accent/lining shades are also not extremely dark but soft and rich.

Super-easy to apply, blend and build colour. These shadows glide on smoothly without lumps or inconsistencies- they just melt on like a creamy powder. Just one shade on the eyes (with mascara) is enough to make just about anybody look prettier.

I tend to skip eye primer and so far have had no problems with fall-out/fading/creasing. Touch-ups have not been necessary. I have noticed that I get loads of compliments even though I wear the same natural look all the time- again, it is definitely the palette doing the hard work! If anyone is having trouble deciding, I recommend swatching this palette at your nearest stockist- this is a truly versatile, top quality and wearable staple. Whether you want to wear one shade or four on any given day, there can't be any wrong choices. neutral without being boring is what springs to mind- it's a sultry kind of natural.

I will definitely be using all nine colours until the pans run empty. In fact, I am looking forward to re-purchasing =)

Approx. AUS$55