NYX Professional Makeup Professional Makeup Prismatic Shadows - All Colors

4.6

on 5/10/2018 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

#1 tip: Do NOT depot these! They will break and you will be sad! However, if you buy the pro pan version online, it's already in a separate pan that you can put in a custom palette. I have several in the pro pans, and they seem to be just a bit tighter packed than those in the round flip top containers.

I've collected a few of these: Girl Talk (pale shimmery pink), Golden Peach (very light shimmery peach, but NOT orange), Whimsical (lavender pink), Volatile (purpley pink), Punk Heart (deep smoky purple), Jaded (deep emerald), Dark Swan (light indigo/purpley-blue) and Glass Slipper (mint with silvery shimmer). All of the colors are exceptionally beautiful, though if pressed I guess I'd say Dark Swan is my favorite, I love purpley-blues! Of course all of the colors are super shimmery, blend like a dream, and best applied via foiling, except when using as an underbrow highlighter. I have very sensitive eyes and these don't bother them. I'd probably have more if I didn't have way too many shadows!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have whimsical which is a gorgeous lavender and voodoo which is the most gorgeous red brown with a green duochrome. I absolutely love these shadows. They are so soft and shiny look gorgeous on the eyes and apply very easily with finger or a flat eyeshadow brush. THe two I have are very pigmented

Voodoo looks stunning on my hazel eyes seriously if u have hazel eyes you need voodoo

I just bought Fireball and Mermaid today at Walgreens.

Fireball is a reddish orange rust metallic shade that has the best application when you use your fingers. It's very pigmented and it's a nice shade to wear by itself.

Mermaid, on the other hand, is not very pigmented, but it has a beautiful gold/green shimmer to it that's great for layering on top of other shades. I tried layering on Mermaid on top of Fireball, and it created this really pretty duochrome orange shade with a gold/green shift. I can also see Mermaid looking very beautiful on top of a white or black base. I also applied it like a highlighter and it looks colorful but subtle.

I highly recommend trying any of these shades, but I wish they would work better with my eyeshadow brushes.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have this in the shade Fireball, and it is so pretty! Like so many others I have been loving warm and orange-toned eyeshadows lately, but I don't really have any that have a duochrome effect. The shift in Fireball is subtle, but it is so gorgeous. For the price, it is an excellent shadow.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It is supercheap for a reason. Bought "Girl talk", but when I opened the small box, the whole eyeshadow cake fell out on the floor. Glad I didn't pay a lot of money for this just to have it gone without getting a chance to try it. But beating myself up a bit for buying such a cheap thing and not expect this to happen.

No, I won't buy any products from Nyx again as it literally is throwing my money (albeit not much) away.

You have to try Girl Talk and Golden peach as highlighters! They are buildable and awesome and Cruelty free! Use a blush brush or highlighting brush for a more natural glow. Use your fingers and even out with a beauty blender for that over the top look!

Both shadows contain a finely milled shimmer-
Girl talk-pink with peach, some beige tones, frosted sheen
Golden peach-peach with gold tones, leaning towards light coral

Backstory-I was very disappointed with the Too Faced Love light highlighters, and this started a quest to find a new highlighter to give a brighter glow (yet buildable so that I can wear everyday.)

Now, I own,Benefit Watt's Up, Hourglass Iridescent Strobe Light, Too Faced (Candlelight), Becca Opal, Josie Maran liquid illuminator, but out of those I love Josie Marans and Benefit Watt's up best.

I have a medium skin tone(~NC25) with oily skin. I highlight around cheekbones and my cupid's bow mainly. I am all about finely-milled shimmer, light pink gold, or white gold highlighters.
Now, these NYX colors are a bit warmer than I was looking for, but I think that I rate them at the top of the list.

on 3/10/2017 9:20:00 AM

I like eye shadow but I must admit I have not been a big eye shadow wearer for quite a few years. Up until recently I only had a couple of them and would only wear them on special occasions. I wore it more during my junior high and high school years than as an adult.

Recently discovering NYX cosmetics I was browsing their website one day and was drawn to their prismatic eye shadow. I made a trip to Ulta one day and bought them in Girl Talk, Bedroom Eyes, Mermaid, Blue Jeans, Frostbite and Smoke & Mirrors.

Girl Talk - this reminds me of a light pinky champagne color, one of my favorites
Bedroom Eyes - this is a medium bronzy brown color, bordering on dark for me
Mermaid - this is a minty sea green type color, it reminds me of a shadow that I wore in the late 80's!
Blue Jeans - nice medium blue color
Frostbite - white/light icy blue color
Smoke & Mirrors - this is a silver color, with almost a slight blue hue or tint

I really like these shadows, they are nicely pigmented and the colors are great. I would definitely repurchase Girl Talk, Mermaid, Frostbite and Blue Jeans. I really like Bedroom Eyes and Smoke & Mirrors too but am still trying to figure out how to wear those, what eyeliner to pair it with, etc. I am not the best and creating unique eye looks but am working on it.

I really like the packaging, it's a small black container with silver trim complete with a bow. It looks very sleek to me. The only con I would think of it these are very fragile. I accidentally dropped my Bedroom Eyes on the floor and the shadow shattered into a million pieces. Plus it was a pain to clean it up on the floor, but that's my issue. I went out and grabbed another one. I would definitely purchase these at a store if possible rather than order online and have shipped to me. I can see them becoming damaged in transit.

I give these 5 stars, I will definitely repurchase and these have been fun to try. Well done NYX!

on 12/24/2016 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought Golden peach and on my skin it came out golden but not peach. I guess my skin absorbed the peach. I paired it with bedroom eyes and i like it. The color is pigmented even without eyeshadow base. I can just imagine what it will do with a base. I will buy it again and again.

on 11/28/2016 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is, by miles, the best eyeshadows that NYX makes. I've tried a few of their palettes as well as a few singles, all varying from disappointing to average, but these shadows are phenomenal. They have a bunch of sheen, but no glitter, they have a good staying power and the colour selection is so good, I want to buy the whole line. The texture is also butter-y and smooth, which makes them feel more luxuruous than most drugstore shadows.

I have the shades Liquid Gold, Mermaid and Punk Heart. Liquid gold is my absolute favourite - a hybrid between gold and copper that's extremely rich in pigment, gives an amazing sheen and would look great on pretty much all skin tones. This is actually one of my all-time favourite eyeshadows!

The shade Mermaid is absolutely breathtaking - so vibrant and, true to its name, very mermaid-y. My one gripe with this shade is that it's more sheer than I thought it would be. It's not as pigmented as the Liquid Gold. I like to layer it on top of NYX's jumbo pencil in Milk (or any other creamy, white base) to make it a little more intense. Gorgeous as a pop of colour in a more adventurous eye look!

The shade Punk heart is a deep purple, again with a lot of sheen. It comes off darker on the eyelid than in the pan, I think, but it makes for a really good purple smokey eye.

The packaging is cheap plastic but cute, with the silver border and the little bow on the lid. Very, very happy with these shades. They're a little up there for being drugstore/NYX, but I'd much rather pay a little more for these, than save a little bit of money on their "regular" singles that are nowhere near as good.

+ Cruelty free
+ Great colours
+ Vibrant and high in shine - almost looks foiled to begin with, and even more so used wet
+ Liquid Gold is a HG shade to me

- A little up there in price (at least in Sweden) for drugstore singles
- The newly added shades looks different, at least in the pan. More glitter-y, which I don't like

on 7/18/2016 2:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought the colour Liquid Gold, and wow what an amazing colour! It's the best colour I've ever stumbled across for my blue eyes. No glitter at all which is important to me. It's a lovely gold/orange colour with a lovely sheen. Easy to blend. The pigmentation is good -perfect for me who doesn't want a strong look. I always use shadows with primer ( Nyx HD primer ) because me eyelids get a bit oily and are quite hooded - so the shadow lasted the entire day. For the first time in a long time I actually like my eyes. I've always had hooded eyes, and stayed clear of eyeshadows because they never stay put and disapear under the crease. But this colour is amazing and I can blend it in the crease and a bit above and now my eyes are visible and kind of pop, so I'm very happy.