4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I decided to give these eyeshadows a try after seeing that they come in pro-pans, which means not having to buy singles and then depot them. The pro-pans are also cheaper than the regular singles, costing only $4 per pan. I bought the shades Bedroom Eyes, Girl Talk, Jaded, Liquid Gold, Mermaid, and Punk Heart. I found all of the shades, except for Mermaid, applied best with a finger. Mermaid applied better with a wet brush. All of the shades were highly pigmented, easy to blend, and long lasting. The only exception was again, Mermaid, which seemed almost sheer in comparison to the others unless you took the time to build up the color. Mermaid also had more fallout than the other shades in this line. The best shade I used was Bedroom Eyes, which was very soft in the pan, took no effort to build up, and was easiest to blend. With the exception of Mermaid, which I intend to find a dupe for, I would repurchase all of these shadows and I highly recommend the Prismatic Eyeshadows!

About reviewer (329 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

from

2 years ago

Nyx prismatic eyeshadow in voodoo is one of my most favourite eyeshadows I wear it all the time just on it’s own. It’s a duochromatic green / red brownish and looks amazing on my hazel eyes. If you have hazel or green eyes you neeed voodoo . Goes on very easy and lasts . I also have whimsical and it is a gorgeous soft lavender that’s looks amazing on the corner so of my eyes or just blended all over the eye a cute 90s purple look

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

2 years ago

#1 tip: Do NOT depot these! They will break and you will be sad! However, if you buy the pro pan version online, it's already in a separate pan that you can put in a custom palette. I have several in the pro pans, and they seem to be just a bit tighter packed than those in the round flip top containers. I've collected a few of these: Girl Talk (pale shimmery pink), Golden Peach (very light shimmery peach, but NOT orange), Whimsical (lavender pink), Volatile (purpley pink), Punk Heart (deep smoky purple), Jaded (deep emerald), Dark Swan (light indigo/purpley-blue) and Glass Slipper (mint with silvery shimmer). All of the colors are exceptionally beautiful, though if pressed I guess I'd say Dark Swan is my favorite, I love purpley-blues! Of course all of the colors are super shimmery, blend like a dream, and best applied via foiling, except when using as an underbrow highlighter. I have very sensitive eyes and these don't bother them. I'd probably have more if I didn't have way too many shadows!

About reviewer (243 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairSilver, Curly, Medium

EyesGray

2 years ago

I have whimsical which is a gorgeous lavender and voodoo which is the most gorgeous red brown with a green duochrome. I absolutely love these shadows. They are so soft and shiny look gorgeous on the eyes and apply very easily with finger or a flat eyeshadow brush. THe two I have are very pigmented Voodoo looks stunning on my hazel eyes seriously if u have hazel eyes you need voodoo

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

I just bought Fireball and Mermaid today at Walgreens. Fireball is a reddish orange rust metallic shade that has the best application when you use your fingers. It's very pigmented and it's a nice shade to wear by itself. Mermaid, on the other hand, is not very pigmented, but it has a beautiful gold/green shimmer to it that's great for layering on top of other shades. I tried layering on Mermaid on top of Fireball, and it created this really pretty duochrome orange shade with a gold/green shift. I can also see Mermaid looking very beautiful on top of a white or black base. I also applied it like a highlighter and it looks colorful but subtle. I highly recommend trying any of these shades, but I wish they would work better with my eyeshadow brushes.

About reviewer (77 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

2 years ago

I have this in the shade Fireball, and it is so pretty! Like so many others I have been loving warm and orange-toned eyeshadows lately, but I don't really have any that have a duochrome effect. The shift in Fireball is subtle, but it is so gorgeous. For the price, it is an excellent shadow.

About reviewer (564 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

1.0

2 years ago

It is supercheap for a reason. Bought "Girl talk", but when I opened the small box, the whole eyeshadow cake fell out on the floor. Glad I didn't pay a lot of money for this just to have it gone without getting a chance to try it. But beating myself up a bit for buying such a cheap thing and not expect this to happen. No, I won't buy any products from Nyx again as it literally is throwing my money (albeit not much) away.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

3 years ago

You have to try Girl Talk and Golden peach as highlighters! They are buildable and awesome and Cruelty free! Use a blush brush or highlighting brush for a more natural glow. Use your fingers and even out with a beauty blender for that over the top look! Both shadows contain a finely milled shimmer- Girl talk-pink with peach, some beige tones, frosted sheen Golden peach-peach with gold tones, leaning towards light coral Backstory-I was very disappointed with the Too Faced Love light highlighters, and this started a quest to find a new highlighter to give a brighter glow (yet buildable so that I can wear everyday.) Now, I own,Benefit Watt's Up, Hourglass Iridescent Strobe Light, Too Faced (Candlelight), Becca Opal, Josie Maran liquid illuminator, but out of those I love Josie Marans and Benefit Watt's up best. I have a medium skin tone(~NC25) with oily skin. I highlight around cheekbones and my cupid's bow mainly. I am all about finely-milled shimmer, light pink gold, or white gold highlighters. Now, these NYX colors are a bit warmer than I was looking for, but I think that I rate them at the top of the list.

About reviewer (78 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

I like eye shadow but I must admit I have not been a big eye shadow wearer for quite a few years. Up until recently I only had a couple of them and would only wear them on special occasions. I wore it more during my junior high and high school years than as an adult. Recently discovering NYX cosmetics I was browsing their website one day and was drawn to their prismatic eye shadow. I made a trip to Ulta one day and bought them in Girl Talk, Bedroom Eyes, Mermaid, Blue Jeans, Frostbite and Smoke & Mirrors. Girl Talk - this reminds me of a light pinky champagne color, one of my favorites Bedroom Eyes - this is a medium bronzy brown color, bordering on dark for me Mermaid - this is a minty sea green type color, it reminds me of a shadow that I wore in the late 80's! Blue Jeans - nice medium blue color Frostbite - white/light icy blue color Smoke & Mirrors - this is a silver color, with almost a slight blue hue or tint I really like these shadows, they are nicely pigmented and the colors are great. I would definitely repurchase Girl Talk, Mermaid, Frostbite and Blue Jeans. I really like Bedroom Eyes and Smoke & Mirrors too but am still trying to figure out how to wear those, what eyeliner to pair it with, etc. I am not the best and creating unique eye looks but am working on it. I really like the packaging, it's a small black container with silver trim complete with a bow. It looks very sleek to me. The only con I would think of it these are very fragile. I accidentally dropped my Bedroom Eyes on the floor and the shadow shattered into a million pieces. Plus it was a pain to clean it up on the floor, but that's my issue. I went out and grabbed another one. I would definitely purchase these at a store if possible rather than order online and have shipped to me. I can see them becoming damaged in transit. I give these 5 stars, I will definitely repurchase and these have been fun to try. Well done NYX!

About reviewer (168 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesGreen

3.0

3 years ago

I bought Golden peach and on my skin it came out golden but not peach. I guess my skin absorbed the peach. I paired it with bedroom eyes and i like it. The color is pigmented even without eyeshadow base. I can just imagine what it will do with a base. I will buy it again and again.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Neutral