Lumene Bright Now Vitamin C BB Cream SPF20

No Image

4.5

on 8/23/2017 10:12:00 PM

I am on a quest for the perfect BB cream. This is the closest I have come to it, but I still have to test many more.
It is of a thick consistency which I really like and the medium color suits my olive skin. It is easy to blend, no frangrance and it is not terribly expensive. No complaints.

on 2/15/2017 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my go to BB cream, especially when I am home and want a natural look . I love the slight citrus smell and the fact that it contains spf. I wear the light 01 color on my nw20 skin. On my third tube. My skin feels hydrated when I wear it and looks great with minimal time applying it. Buy mine from either CVS or Amazon. This bb cream was recommended in Real Simple magazine a few years ago by a dermatologist.

Picked this up at Walgreens last night on a Last Chance deal. I don't know what that is all about, but I was searching for a new, not too pricey, BB cream that I could just throw on and go as I went about my day. The only shade left was Medium 04, and I figured, why not? It's cheap and I can make it work.

I didn't have to make it work. It works wonderfully on its own. It's a good color match for me (lucky!), smoothes on like a dream, doesn't itch or break me out, and it gave me exactly what I was looking for: an improved look on my face without being all makeup-y. My face looks brighter and my complexion is evened out. Just a tiny dab covered my entire face. I applied it with my fingers, no problem. I did set the BB cream with some loose powder, and I just love the way it looks.

Highly recommended, will definitely repurchase.

on 8/4/2016 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Really like this BB Cream. Makes my skin look even, with a natural glow. Pores and scars doesn't look too bad. Sometimes when it's hot outside, it looks a little too shiny, maybe. Got it in "light" and use it sometimes during the summer. It's not as dry as Lumene CC Color Correcting Cream and gives more moisture, I think. Too dark for my skin in the wintertime. Wish they made a lighter shade.

on 4/30/2016 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I'm impressed by the quality of this BB. Best one I've ever yet tried so far and I've tried many (among the ones worth mentioning are lumene CC - too thick and full coverage, etude house cottonfit - their darkest shade still too light on my NC40, missha #27 - too oily and wouldn't stay put on my face no matter the baking).

Someone was throwing this away on a local Huuto cuz she was complaining that the medium shade looks rather too dark, so I was like what the heck and purchased it for a mere 4e (including delivery). And I'm so glad that I did cuz i found this to be my complete HG!

Despite the fact that it's supposed to give a dewy finish (which it did), it didn't slide, transfer, easy to set and gives a pretty tightening finish as if you were just wearing the vitamin c serum from the same brand.

At the end of the day, it still looks natural, didn't feel icky that I needed to take it off right away. And i got compliments regarding my skin. They probably though I was using some dior or armani illuminating foundations. But for even the original price, this beats it.

Lumene might have mixed up the balancing and the dewy formula. Since the balancing bb is like oil slick and suitable for more dry skin. And this one I found to be very oil skin friendly.

Im so thrilled that a local product could beat my inclination towards Korean BB and even found a shade that matches nc40! Will always repurchase.

on 7/10/2016 12:54:00 PM

I just came back from Japan, where I bought an enormous number of beauty products. I wear this BB cream after I wash my face with a facial washing brush and charcoal soap, vitamin C serum, and gel moisturizer. I really like this BB cream. I use the medium tone and it's perfect for my Asian skin. There is light coverage and it doesn't feel heavy. It does not spread that well, so pre-moisturizing my face with a light AHA moisturizer is perfect.

on 2/29/2016 1:25:00 AM

I've been looking for something to replace my IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better BB cream (or is it CC? I get all that confused). I'm sick of paying high prices for certain items, so I've been on a mission to replace some of my department store items.

This one does the trick very well, and at a much lower cost. It has a gel-like texture, like the IT cream, and covers just as well. It really seems a dupe for the IT cream but it costs about $10 on amazon versus over $30 for the IT stuff. Unless this cream turns out to be a disaster, and I don't think it will as I've been using it happily for two weeks now, I won't be going back to IT.

Just wish it had a higher spf...that is my only quibble.

I always wear sunscreen during the day, and wanted something lightly tinted that would stay on, not add oil or look slick ( one woman's dewy is another's greasy )to make my skin look better without caking. This somewhat minimizes my pores, and evens out skin color. It does not completely cover discolorations. However, at my age ( 60's) I do not want anything so heavy that it looks like a mask - or settles into lines- and this is a nice compromise. I still have a T-Zone which can grow oily, and this withstands that and doesn't change color. I do use moisturizer because this is a bit dry going on. As for colors, there's only light , med and dark. Light for me works and is just a bit darker than my skin, but blends. It looks a bit ashy coming out of the tube, but again, it blends with my warm hued skin.
Another plus - once it is dry, it feels light and smooth. I have tried others that I threw out - they made my pores look larger or turned orangey - this is a keeper, at a drugstore price. And it doesn't cause breakouts...

on 12/28/2015 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried this with my skin wanting light coverage prior to my acne break out and I loved it. It doesn't feel heavy and I like the SPF. Then when my acne became bad I couldn't use this. I can start using this again and I like it, because once it dries I can add a concealer or build it on to minimize the acne scars. This is a pretty good foundation for me, even though this is meant as something light. Also, this dries well to hold off some of the shine, but won't last forever that way. It has good staying power, but I have oily skin. Good buy!

on 8/11/2015 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

Having become increasingly frustrated with foundations, I decided to explore other options. After reading reviews on this product, I tried this instead. So far I'm very happy with the results. Applied with the fingers and then patted with a beauty blender after it dried a little bit; didn't use moisturizer as it's still hot and humid here on the NC coast. It looks so natural, feels light and covered my discoloration for an even satin finish. Just what I was looking for. Will probably have to use a moisturizer in the winter. No big deal. Think I'll stock up on this baby! Oh, and BTW, the medium shade is perfect for my NC25-30 tone during the summer but I'll probably mix it with the light shade in the winter. Not sure yet.