COVERGIRL The Super Sizer by LashBlast Mascara

COVERGIRL The Super Sizer by LashBlast Mascara
The Super Sizer by LashBlast MascaraThe Super Sizer by LashBlast MascaraThe Super Sizer by LashBlast MascaraThe Super Sizer by LashBlast Mascara

3.4

Water, Acrylates Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Polyethylene, Propylene Carbonate, Lecithin, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Synthetic Wax, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Glycerin, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylcellulose, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I am pleasantly surprised as to how good this mascara really is. It’s easy to apply and really makes my lashes show up. It gives good length and just enough volume for me. It’s really black, which I love.

I purchased this mascara because I generally like covergirls products. I like to test different products out every once in a while. & I thought Id try to switch up my mascara since Ive been using the same kind for a while.. Well, I shouldnt have. Complete waste of money. I dont like this mascara for many reasons. First of all, it smudges. Terribly. Which then leads me too.. Its too wet. My experience.. I have fairly longer lashes, so when applying mascara, any mascara.. I have to be careful not to blink or the tips of my eyelashes will touch my eyelids, etc. Well, When I apply mascara I blink & twirl the brush at the same time, getting as much length and volume as I can. Well, that works great usually, except... This mascara is way too wet & made a huge mess on my face!! It was impossible to apply this mascara the way I do, & not get any on my face. Sooo, that leads me too.. Washing it off. Waterproof. Thats great! Its also one of things I look for. However, this mascara is super hard to remove.. Next thing, It clumps!! Horribly. Im the type of person who usually does at least 3 coats of mascara to get the best look I can.. With this mascara, after my second coat, my lashes just look like 1 big clump of lash. Gross.. Now lastly, This mascara did NOTHING for me as far as length. & Thats the biggest thing I look for in mascara. Huge disappointment.

on 3/1/2018 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I have tons of mascaras and without really realizing it, they all have been tossed to the side for this one for the past 2 months. It's just so good. It's rich in black pigment, waterproof and adds so much length and volumn. It can be built upon and stays put. This is just plain good. I love it.

on 2/6/2018 9:32:00 PM

This is currently my favorite mascara as it gives more volume with the least amount of effort than any other mascara I've tried. It also does not smudge on me, and holds a curl well. The only reason I wouldn't say it is HG status for me is that it is a wet formula that can clump easily if not careful (I don't mind a little clumping since I have alot of lashes and having a few hairs clump together gives a more dramatic effect, which I like), especially since the wand is a bit more susceptible to having an excessive amount of product in spots. To avoid excessive clumping, I've found that twirling the wand as recommended while blinking my eyes thru the wand to apply works well in most cases. Occasionally, I do have to pull out a comb to separate the lashes--but so far, it has not been often enough to think it is too much of a pain in butt (like the Miss Manga mascara which I liked for drama but the overly excessive clumping drove me nuts)

on 12/30/2017 12:33:00 AM

HG lower lash mascara. The brush gets every tiny lash and it’s pretty water resistant and I have watery and sensitive eyes. When I use one coat on my top lashes they look pretty good, two coats and I start getting clumpy and have to separate with a dry spoolie which kills the length this gives me. I wouldn’t recommend using this on your upper lashes for that reason but for lower lashes this is great!

on 12/17/2017 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

The wand for The Super Sizer is great - a thin plastic with spiraling short bristles that are supposed to help curl the lashes as you apply the mascara.Well, if the formula was better that might have happened but, alas.

First of all, the mascara is still too wet after two weeks. Second, it's the dickens to remove. I've used waterproof mascara before but removing this took extra everything - cleansing water, cotton pads and rubbing. Third, it somehow finds itself on my eyelids and, again, is hard to remove. Merely letting it dry and swiping it off is not a trick that works with this. It requires makeup remover and a reapplication of eye shadow.

I don't know what's going on with it since I usually have good results with Cover Girl mascara. I kept thinking it was me but but I doubt that. Today, rather than go through the transfer problem I skipped my usual quick-face routine altogether. Time for it to go.

The price is right. The wand is good. The formula is not for me.

on 11/14/2017 7:45:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I'm on my second tube of Super Sizer. The formula is wet at first, but within two weeks it dries a bit and is the best curling mascara I've used.
My lashes are short and slope downward and I always use an eyelash curler. One day I experimented and applied a few coats of SS without curling and it worked really well.
I still use a curler but this holds the curl without clumps, flakes and fading. It washes off easily. I also like the much shape of the brush.
If you apply this with one coat or thin additional coats it builds really well to dramatic lashes.
It's fantastic!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really rate the Covergirl Full Lash Bloom mascara but was looking to try something different from the Covergirl mascara line-up. I chose this because it’s waterproof and seemed similar in style to the Full Lash Bloom version. I was expecting to see similar results but with the obvious waterproof properties, which is preferable for me especially in the summer months when I have a tendency to suffer with watery eyes caused by hay fever.

This had a nice, creamy formula which gave good coverage on initial application and it dried quickly too. The shade I chose was Very Black; a deep, intense shade which gave my lashes a really impressive pop of colour. It’s waterproof credentials are also pretty impressive. I wore this in bright sunshine and on breezier days and it never once ran or transferred to my top or bottom lids, despite my eyes being watery on those occasions.

However, with the good points comes some not so good ones. I really didn’t like the wand with this one; it looked and felt like it had been put on the wrong way round, with the wider portion at the end of the wand. As a result this made it difficult to apply the mascara to the inner corner lashes without transferring some product the upper lash line or poking myself in the eye. It’s also not great at repeat applications. A second coat caused my lashes to stick together, whilst a third coat made everything look really clumpy and a bit of a mess.

Finally, although this has great waterproof credentials the downside is it’s virtually impossible to remove! I had to go out and purchase a waterproof eye makeup remover (because my usual stuff just wasn’t cutting it) and even that struggled to remove it. It took a lot of work to remove this entirely which left my eyelids very sore and uncomfortable and me reluctant to keep using the mascara. In fact after a few more experiences of this removal process, I stopped using the mascara because it was just making my eyelids too sore. Disappointing, given my experiences with the Full Lash Bloom version, but I’m glad I tried it nonetheless.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Well this mascara is okay. It isn't really special or anything but it's pretty tricky to put on without it becoming a big glob because the consistency of the product is so thick. The brush is okay, I like how it's small and thin so you can get every lash. This mascara also makes your eyelashes pretty thick and kind of long but it isn't anything spectacular or anything. I bought it again after running out of my old tube but I regret not trying another mascara.. Also if you have sensitive eyes, this isn't really for you. It flakes a fair amount and it's kinda difficult to take off (I use water and makeup remover but sometimes it stings your eyes). Plus, the brush is tricky to use because two sides are like a brush and the others are flat. Also a tip is to twirl your brush while putting it on, it may sound tricky but it works SO much better this way. And.. I wipe a bit of product on some tissue to prevent it becoming too clumpy, with this mascara you have to work hard to get the right lashes. If you do them quick and not precisely, they wont turn out so good.

on 8/26/2017 8:14:00 PM

I have short, sparse lashes and the slim brush made it easy to apply this product. Using one coat, there was moderate definition, but no lengthening and a minor improvement in volume. I thought my lashes looked somewhat improved. The problem came when I looked in a mirror several hours later- smudges under both eyes that were impossible to wipe away. The fact that I wasn't wearing any other makeup or was exposed to rain or humidity makes me realize this mascara is a loser.