Curology - Acne Treatment

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 30-35
 Curology - Acne Treatment

fka PocketDerm

Curology has been a god send for me.... mind you, I’ve never had horrible acne, or cystic acne, but I still always seemed to have at least two or three on my face at all times. I also was a sun worshiper in my twenties, so I had pigmentation on my forehead which made me looks years older... about 5 months ago, my skin went completely insane... all on my jaw line I kept breaking out, and it wouldn’t stop... all of my normal products no longer worked. I spent about $600 on that whole fiasco, buying a Clarisonic, getting retinol creams, differin etc. nothing worked.. I saw a curology add on a YouTube video and I decided to give it try... after all the first month was $5.... their distribution center is in San Diego, and I am also in California, so my bottle came within three days. After a week of using this, my skin completely cleared up.. my sun spots were starting to fade... I haven’t looked back since. The bottle doesn’t last as long as they say, however I use three pumps instead of the recommended two to be fair. I know it won’t work for everyone, but it’s worth a shot with the free month you get... also, everyone keeps saying you get the same prescription as everyone else in the beginning.. that is just not true. My bottle came with .018% tretinoin, 8% azelaic acid, and then 4% clindamyacin. I really love this product, and I did purge the first month, but my pimples were so tiny, they came and left within a day. Any pimple I get now, which is very rare, is also very small, and disappears within a day or so.... I also use this in combination with tarte knockout during the day, and take supplements along with it.. in case anyone is wondering, I take zinc, evening primrose oil, omega 3’s, turmeric and reishi, and lysine.. skin is damn near perfect for being 33

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My biggest issue with Curology is that they tell you to use 2 pumps daily, then that NEVER lasts the full month. There's no way to really tell how much is left in the bottle either. With my last bottle they apparently put the wrong address on it and it's been roaming the country, nowhere near where I live, for two weeks. I was able to get another bottle sent. They seem to put everyone with acne doing the free trial on the same formula. I told my "provider" I wanted to add in a retinoid and increased azelaic acid. After 3 days she responded with a long-winded NO. That was almost enough to make me stop. But I kept using the lotion nightly and my face really cleared up after 2 months!! I was so happy. Then with the shipping fiasco I had no lotion for 8 days and I completely broke out again. So it's like I'm starting all over. If I could just get a consistent supply of this lotion I think it would really keep working.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

i've been using curology for 3 months now & have been extremely pleased so far. i've had persistent acne of varying severity for years & after hitting a particularly bad bout of it & hearing about this service i finally decided it was time for rx-strength treatment again. my skin is very sensitive & while it has gotten more under control by using gentler & better-formulated otc products & an at-home blue light device, i still get breakouts regularly. curology has helped dramatically.

my rx is currently a combo of azelaic acid, clindamycin & zinc pyrithione. i noticed my skin starting to clear up a little within a couple days & have overall noticed fewer blemishes & quicker healing time for the ones i do get. some of my hyperpigmentation is also starting to slowly fade. my skin is still far from perfect but i have seen visible improvement across the photos i submit to my provider each month. i've also luckily had no side effects but as everyone's skin & rx is different ymmv.

as for the service itself, it's been great for me. my provider has been very friendly & helpful in answering all of my questions about my rx & has offered advice about the rest of my skincare routine. i've been able to easily reschedule shipments on the website, too. i think this is an invaluable service for ppl w/ problem skin who have no/inadequate insurance or just want something simple & convenient.