Curology - Acne Treatment

Curology - Acne Treatment

fka PocketDerm

on 8/19/2016 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My problems are red skin (maybe rosacea) and also the very beginnings of fine wrinkles.

I signed up for Curology because my sister uses them for acne and told me that they're a great way to get prescription strength Retin-A.

When I signed up I was assigned a medical provider (Laura) who tole me that she could provide a formulation that would be perfect for treating and preventing wrinkles. She also tailored it so that it was appropriate for my sensitive skin.

Even though I was told that this wasn't guaranteed to help my redness, it's actually almost 100% cured it. On top of that the smoothing and fullness effects of the retinoid have been amazing. The price is a steal, and as far as I know there is nothing else like Curology. Literally my favorite skincare product.

on 5/3/2016 8:45:00 PM

Great Product! As with many people who use tretinoin products (brand name retin -a) I too experienced an initial breakout. But...stuck with it & I am sooo glad I did. I am 31 & my skin had not looked this clear, even, just good since 17. I had tried everything! Derms & over the counter. I dont like BCP & spiro pumpkin my body with hormones so, this was the best option. I love that you have a derm, arpn u can write anytime u need with concerns & questions. I am in school to be an esthetician so I pick her brain all the time & she is great. I felt my tretinoin % at .009% (which retin-a fits not offer & u must start at .25% usually & that is why many experience such dryness, redness, & irritation, it is too much) but, my skin could handle more, so we increased it after 2 months. Then in another 2 months we went up again to .04%. Im about 3 weeks in @ that strength (4mos & 3wks total) & other than 1 or 2 small pimples right before or during my period, I'm clear. The PIH is fading from old breakouts & my skin feels so soft. And @ 31 I was starting to worry about wrinkles & tretinoin Hermosa with that too. By in increasing the rate ur skin cells turnover & exfoliate u are effectively handling both issues & Curology does have an anti-aging program too. My tretinoin is combined with clindamycin (anti-biotic) & azelic acid (helps fade marks & anti-inflammatory) & any patient will receive a custom med for their specific issues too. If u have tried everything & not had success or are doing the yo-yo thing, good month then bad month....try this please! I never write reviews but I really believe in this system, plus...it is so much cheaper than a derm visit & a prescription.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

JUST DO IT! It is so, so, so perfect. I signed up, uploaded some terrifying pictures of my acne-ridden, makeup free skin and heard back from my "Professional" within 24 hours. I have Monica, who is a PA. She is really great and always responds back within 24 hours if I have a question. There is a chat feature on the website and you can email your professional anytime about anything at all. I've even messaged her for sunscreen recommendations.

I've been using Curology for about 3 months. My formulation contains azelaic acid, clindamycin and niacinamide. I have extremely stubborn acne that has never responded to anything except for accutane, which I could only tolerate for 2 months due to the side effects. This treatment has cleared me up about 75%. The acne I get now is not sore anymore and don't leave red spots. My face was completely riddled with PIH but it's now lightened up so much that I don't have to smear concealer all over my face every day just to feel normal.

I can't say enough about this! It's very fairly priced and SO convenient. No more doctor's appointments!