Curology - Acne Treatment

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 30-35
 Curology - Acne Treatment

fka PocketDerm

Curology worked when nothing else did.
I am currently on month 5 of using this service and am so happy with results!
A lil history:
I had pretty darn clear skin all my life, with small hormonal breakouts (1-2 pimples/month)
I tried oil cleansing method (original, by using only oils to clean and wiping off with warm towel). OCM ruined my skin and I should have stopped sooner but kept believing I was purging. Stupid! By the 2nd month my face was covered in thousands of tiny little bumps and some cystic acne!
I tried gentle cleansing, then salicylic acid, then benzoyl peroxide (stuck with all for 45 days each). Nothing helped!
Couldn't afford a dermatologist so signed up for Curology. Best decision! The first few weeks I only felt a calming in my skin but still covered in breakouts.
By day 40 I could see results.
By day 70 most of the bumps were gone.
I am still left with remaining hyperpigmention it's slowly starting to fade :)
Would definitely recommend! The derms that work there are helpful.
My first scipt was: 4% Azelaic Acid, 1% Clindamycin and 4% Niacinamide.
100 days in I changed to: 8% Azelaic Acid, 1% Clindamycin and 0.25% Zinc Pyrithione.

on 1/23/2016 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I started with PocketDerm (Curology) last winter after losing my job and going through a bunch of other stressful situations. I developed cystic acne for the first time in my life. I was desperate and without insurance, but needed something ANYTHING to help me out. After the first consultation, I was hooked. Dr. L was receptive to my concerns and offered helpful suggestions in a very short time. After we were able to clear up my acne issues, Dr. L. worked with me to focus on my hyperpigmentation. Even though I have insurance again, I will happily stick with Curology for the foreseeable future.