Curology - Acne Treatment

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
 Curology - Acne Treatment

4.2

fka PocketDerm

This cured my acne. The end.

No in all seriousness, this is literally the only product that worked in getting rid of my stubborn hormonal acne.

on 4/5/2018 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I decided to try Curology based on a You Tube blogger’s recommendation. However, I’m using it for anti-aging rather than acne. I’ve been using tretinoin 0.5% with good results and with my Curology prescriber decided upon tretinoin 0.75% along with vitamin C and niacinamide. Heaven in a bottle. My skin loves this stuff and with the support available on both Curology’s website, and working with my consultant, it’s a win-win. There is flexibility in choosing a 30 day or 60 day supply, and with a customized formula, the $20 per month is quite reasonable.

4/19/18 UPDATE: Working with the pharmacist, the tretinoin in my formula was increased to 0.14%, as I’ve been using tretinoin for quite some time. I have to say I love this product. My nighttime routine is simplified dramatically. Wash, spritz some Thayers and wipe, Curology, eye cream and argan oil. My skin is actually smoother, tighter and more even toned. No irritation. I’m hooked

on 2/8/2018 9:38:00 AM

I have been using Curology for almost two years ago and have seen a huge improvement in my skin. After years trying everything -
salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, exfoliants, clay masks, cleansers running the spectrum from harsh to gentle, etc. - I finally found Curology. My skin is smoother, less oily, and much, much, less prone to breakouts on my forehead and chin, which were my main problem areas. I also had lots of hyperpigmentation that has faded significantly, and my skin's tone is much less red in general. It's true that it does take awhile for your skin to get better and, YES, your skin will "get worse" for a bit as it purges. I have seen people who have quit Curology after a week or a month saying it made their skin worse, but you absolutely have to be patient and let it work its magic. The bottle doesn't necessarily last as long as they say it does (but I do usually use more than they say you should, to be fair!), but to me it's still worth it :) My provider is always helpful whenever I frantically message her about a skin problem I'm having.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've had cystic acne since I was 18 or so. I'm 29 now and I've been using Curology for 3 months.

This is hands down the ONLY product I've ever used where my skin is completely clear. I get 1-2 small pimples per week vs 1-2 every day. I've tried it all aside from Accutane.

I almost didn't try this because of the "gimmicky" ads but I'm so so glad I did. I hate to use the term "holy Grail product" because everyone has different skin but I'll never not use this.

Hope this helps!

on 9/25/2017 11:41:00 AM

Curology has been an absolute savior for my skin. For the first time in my life someone this week complimented me on my skin and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was the girl who struggled with problem skin from the age of 14 all the way to 32. After a rough encounter with a local dermatologist who only wanted to sell me prescriptions he could get a kickback on (and ignoring me when I asked for the generic versions my insurance would cover...), I thought I'd give Curology a try. I'm glad I did because it's affordable and the advice I receive when I reach out to my derm is almost always exactly spot on and helpful. I've emailed to get her opinion on products like face washes for my skin type, and any changes in my skin and why they might be occurring and always get a fast and well thought out response.

I went from waking up with redness and 6-7 new spots each day to occasionally waking up with a single whitehead a couple times a week in about 6 months. Not perfect, but I'm ecstatic! And I'm slowly bumping up the tretinoin right now and noticing that my skin looks more radiant - a huge plus.

on 8/2/2017 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I subscribed due to a blog post, and I have no regrets! I was given a mix of Clindamycin, azelaic acid and tretinoin, as I am in my 30's and still have acne. Fun times! The customer service is A+, as well--the NP I work with answers all my questions in a timely and friendly manner. My skin looks a lot better (as a result of both the cream and the zinc soap/vitamin C combo recommended).

Love this product, and the service is so easy to use! I have been trying to get my acne under control for a while now, and it just doesn't seen to happen! A few months ago I started using Curology and I have been very pleased with what it has done with my skin. My hormonal breakouts have become non-existent. And on long work weeks, when I haven't been as diligent with sleep/water/beauty routine my skin is still firm, clear, and healthy. Seriously, my skin has never been softer, cleaner, or clearer! I am very happy.
Also, your assigned Derm will help you out with anything, even if its a small one time concern or not directly related to the product. They are there to help you with all your skincare questions. And when they give you instructions, take them seriously! I ignored one and it didn't turn out well! They are professionals who will really help you with your skin.

I posted this review elsewhere, but I love MakeupAlley, so I hope it's OK if I repost it:

Name any of the top acne treatments, and I've probably tried it. I started to get acne around early college, and despite what other's told me ("You'll grow out of it", "You just need to use productx"), it only got worst with age. I literally never left the house without a full face of makeup, for about a decade.

I finally hit my breaking point when I turned 30, and my latest treatment made my face so dry it made my skin crack when I smiled. I tried a dermatologist in office, that took 2 months to get into and spent a grand total of 5 minutes with me (and cost me about $180, yay). I gave in and placed my order, expecting another disappointment.

And then my face cleared up. Like that. In about two weeks I had already stopped breaking out. A few months later, my red spots faded. I no longer wear concealer(!!!!) I emailed my Curology doctor a few times, and he not only answered the email within a day, I could tell he actually READ my email, and gave me legitimate product recommendations (that I still use two years later).

Curology is not like other products I've tried. It's customized to ME (or you). If something doesn't work, it can be adjusted. It could cost me 5 times more and I'd still subscribe. I wish it existed 10 years ago, because It has changed my life for the better. <3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love Pocketderm. I have cystic acne with white bumps all around my nose. My derm prescribed me my own medication and then answered all the questions I had about soap, moisturizers, sunscreens, etc. With the medication and soap (St. Ives apricot scrub) it has really cleared up my skin. It did take about 4 months though, so patience is key!

I've been using the product for about a month and I feel like my face is worse. I just got another two month bottle so I'm giving it two more months. My biggest complaint is the bottle itself. Both bottles I've received won't pump any product out of it so I am stuck unscrewing it and using a q-tip to get the product out. Also the one month bottle definitely did not last the full month and I used it as directed. It last three weeks at most. Also the way the bottle is, you can't tell how much product is left without taking off the pump. I don't think I will continue using curology after my two month bottle is up.