Curology - Acne Treatment

Curology - Acne Treatment

4.3

fka PocketDerm

on 8/19/2018 4:47:00 AM

Im 8 weeks in and my skin is a lotttt worst than when i started it. Im going to try one more month but overall its ruined my skin.
I feel like some of these reviews are fake. a lot of users who reviewed this on here has no other reviews so buyers beware!!!

edit, i threw it in the trash, let me explain:

i started this trial for 5 dollars on june 20th. My prescription was azealic acid , zinc pyrithione and clindymicine.(idk the spelling) After the first week my face was breaking out really really bad in places ive never had acne before and it was pimples that werent super inflamed but the type that will leave scars quickly and for a long time. I get sooooo oily in the morning when i wake up. Im super super super greasy the day after. I told my prescriber (who seems to be on vacation a lot) and she told me is possibly purging and wait another 4 weeks. anyways fastfoward to 4 weeks and my face is still breaking out with new pimples EVERY SINGLE DAY. Id wake up everyday and wait to see where the new little fella will pop up. I only had ONE day out of the 2 months where i didnt have a new pimple but that lasted for less than 48 hours. Now in week 8 i gave up. my face is so much worst and covered in acne/acne scars. i have 15 to 20 acne scars just on one cheeks from starting curology. i never had any cheek acne before this. My problem area was always my forehead and chin and til this day i still have a bunch of active acne on those areas. my before and after is shocking and leaves me so confused. i wish i had never started curology. I messaged my provider every week and they just kept telling me to hold off and wait and wait. I think 8 weeks is long enough and im so over it. im going back to bp regime from dan at acne.org. its worked for my when i was a teen. I just have to have patience like i was with curology. i wasted 2 months on this. but i did learn to use acne patches from cosrx which are awesome. and also my skin hates anything with alcohol. i guess i took some lessons from this experience. it wasnt all that bad but if i could go back in time i would have NEVER tried this out. everyone is different and i was one of the few that hated this. A lot of recent reviews are not so great so i am guessing many of the reviews on here and elsewhere are fake. i even clicked on the profiles of people who had reviewed this as a godsend and they only ever wrote a curology review without any other ones so it seems very fishy. BEWARE BEWARE

the providers are nice and even tried to prescribe oral medicine. I didnt fall for it. its in the trash. they kept telling me to use this product and along with other products and its just been such a pain in the ass waking up and more pimples show up. way more than before i started. i have photos to prove and its not pretty.

My skin just feel irritated and super oily while using this. I told my provider , hey im breaking out and she jusy tells me to hang in there.

Now i just wash my face with gentle cleanser and splash water. Basically barely touch my skin. Then put on fab ultra repair cream and use cosrx acne patches on active whiteheads and wait. I will incorpoate bp back to my routine in a week after my skin takes a breather from the damn curology.

Dans bp 2.5% acne.org regime is 100 times better and i am getting results in 3 weeks. I no longer have acne but just scars left from curology. Trust ur instincts and know its not purging! Dont listen to those emails and trust urself. Curology is not good and made me oily and a mess and pizza face.

This cured my acne. The end.

No in all seriousness, this is literally the only product that worked in getting rid of my stubborn hormonal acne.

on 4/5/2018 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I decided to try Curology based on a You Tube blogger’s recommendation. However, I’m using it for anti-aging rather than acne. I’ve been using tretinoin 0.5% with good results and with my Curology prescriber decided upon tretinoin 0.75% along with vitamin C and niacinamide. Heaven in a bottle. My skin loves this stuff and with the support available on both Curology’s website, and working with my consultant, it’s a win-win. There is flexibility in choosing a 30 day or 60 day supply, and with a customized formula, the $20 per month is quite reasonable.

4/19/18 UPDATE: Working with the pharmacist, the tretinoin in my formula was increased to 0.14%, as I’ve been using tretinoin for quite some time. I have to say I love this product. My nighttime routine is simplified dramatically. Wash, spritz some Thayers and wipe, Curology, eye cream and argan oil. My skin is actually smoother, tighter and more even toned. No irritation. I’m hooked

on 8/2/2017 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I subscribed due to a blog post, and I have no regrets! I was given a mix of Clindamycin, azelaic acid and tretinoin, as I am in my 30's and still have acne. Fun times! The customer service is A+, as well--the NP I work with answers all my questions in a timely and friendly manner. My skin looks a lot better (as a result of both the cream and the zinc soap/vitamin C combo recommended).

on 10/6/2016 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Love my Curology prescription! I'm on my third bottle and have noticed wonderful results. It takes a while to notice a difference, but I used to suffer from frequent breakouts on my nose and chin. I never get breakouts now and only have, at most, a tiny whitehead pop up maybe once a month. Such an amazing difference.
Only thing I hate is the packaging. It comes with a pump but sometimes it doesn't pump and I tried fixing it and ended up pushing some internal mechanism deep into the bottle. Wish it was simpler so I could fix it myself, but now I have to order a new one. So much wasted product :(
Anyhow, I highly recommend this product, just make sure you're honest with your online dermatologist if you aren't seeing the results you were expecting.

on 12/10/2015 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm not sure I want to attach photos of my face pre-PocketDerm/Curology, but know this: it was pretty bad. I spent a semester in Beijing (terrible pollution) and my skin was just awful (closed comedones/whiteheads, daily zits, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation) at the beginning of 2015. I tried masks, aspirin scrubs, the famous P50 lotion, and chemical peels (ranging from TCA to lactic) which resulted in so-so improvement. No real progress lasted.

I tried PocketDerm in February 2015 and have never looked back.

Result were not instantaneous. But progress in purging the closed comedones and flesh colored bumps was sure and steady. Now fast forward to December... I haven't had a single pimple or zit in months. My skin has not been this clear for years.

My hyperpigmentation has faded as well, it's not completely gone but I'm sure eventually it will.

This serves as my nightly acne treatment and moisturizer so even though I pay $20/month, it's totally worth it for me.