Curology - Acne Treatment

3.6

fka PocketDerm

on 5/10/2018 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product taught me the exact lesson that not every product works for everybody.
I was really hopeful for this. All the reviews were great, the youtube reviews seemed promising and it wasn't THAT expensive for a customized formula with ingredients that only doctors could prescribe. before i signed up, my acne was not as bad as i thought it was at the time. i had a ton of closed comedones (my biggest concern) and like one or two cysts. my face was relatively clear and easy to cover up with makeup. so i signed up, put in all my info, sent my provider the pictures, and she prescribed me 4% azelaic acid/ 1% clindamycin/ .25% zinc pyrithione. my bottle soon got delivered and i started using it. i didn't notice anything at first-- but by 3 weeks, i had 3 HUGE cysts on the side of my face that i never get. as the weeks kept progressing, more and MORE cysts spread all over my face-- to the left side of my face where i had absolutely NO acne prior to this. They kept telling me i was "purging," and stupid me believed them. but listen-- if you're getting painful, cystic acne, especially on the side of your face where u never break out, IT IS NOT!! PURGING! i wish i could have told myself this and stopped before it progressed into making my face a complete mess. I eventually got a new formula but decided, you know what. i'm done with this. curology has simple broken me. it's ruined my face. no more "purging." no more providers that give me half-assed answers and don't care (except, i had one provider sub in for my main one-- she was the SWEETEST. i wish i had her). i can't even look at myself in the mirror anymore. yesterday was my last day as i couldn't even get my school work done from how much i was crying because i realized how much this product ruined my skin.
it might work for you, it might not. everyone's skin is different. i have no idea what caused my reaction-- maybe it was the sweet almond oil in their base. but just warning you-- if you're starting to break out with painful, inflamed, red cysts, and they tell you it's because you're "purging," stop using it. see how much your skin improves. no purging should make your skin break out into cysts.
i am going to schedule an appointment with a REAL dermatologists now. i'd rather wait a couple weeks for a free, insurance covered appointment than pay each month for a bottle that continuously makes my skin worse.
i wish i could leave a good review. but i can't. this product ruined every bit of self confidence i had. now i feel like i have to start allll over again from square one. this was the worst decision of my life, and i wish more people spoke up about their bad experiences.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Upon starting Curology I used this stuff exactly as I was advised. I’d apply this once every night, following the use of a gentle skin cleanser & before moisturizing (if desired). (Both my cleanser and moisturizer were products I’ve used forever btw)! It wasn’t until the second week I noticed some changes in my skin. Needless to say they weren’t good. I began breaking out like never before. I’d wake up with 2-3 new breakouts every single day. This lasted for the next 3 weeks until my first bottle was used up and I received my second. I was aware that purging of the skin wasn’t uncommon for the first several weeks so I went another week using it this. I didn’t think my skin couldn’t get any worse but Curology proved me wrong on this one. I was breaking out in areas I never had before, my skin was so much more oily than before. Not to mention my breakouts were huge compared to my before tiny red spots. I emailed my provider about this and she said it was just a part of purging and to essentially wait it out. I couldn’t. I stopped before halfway through my second month. My skin being the absolute worst it’s ever been, I couldn’t “wait it out.” Instantly after stopping Curology I stopped waking up with all these breakouts, and my skin started to settle down. Now ofcourse its not perfect right now, but I think I’m going to take a more natural approach to my acne and give it a rest from all these products. Overall Curology isn’t for everyone. There is the possibility of my skin having the chance of clearing up after the so called purging, but after a month of this I couldn’t stand it any longer.

on 3/14/2018 11:12:00 AM

This product is not for everyone. I had tiny bumps in my face that I tried to get rid of wth this product. I used this product religiously for four months! No results only made my skin worse. I broke out on my forehead which never breaks out. I had oily skin all the time. Worse things is i thing it messed up my skin for the long run. I stopped using it in January and since my pores have been HUGE, my skin is always oily. I hate it, my skin was never like this before. I would just get breakouts on my chin and now it's everywhere.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Fine program if your skin falls within the parameters of their range of formulas. I used tret/azelaic/clindamycin). However, the base clogged and the azelaic burned me. Because it was bundled I had stop all 3 treatments. It's all packed into one creamy gel. And if the creamy gel is too rich for your skin you are out of luck. Interactions with dr / customer service was fine but a bit rote. Again, a fine deal if it works for you. As always, all things skincare are ymmv.

I've been using the product for about a month and I feel like my face is worse. I just got another two month bottle so I'm giving it two more months. My biggest complaint is the bottle itself. Both bottles I've received won't pump any product out of it so I am stuck unscrewing it and using a q-tip to get the product out. Also the one month bottle definitely did not last the full month and I used it as directed. It last three weeks at most. Also the way the bottle is, you can't tell how much product is left without taking off the pump. I don't think I will continue using curology after my two month bottle is up.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My biggest issue with Curology is that they tell you to use 2 pumps daily, then that NEVER lasts the full month. There's no way to really tell how much is left in the bottle either. With my last bottle they apparently put the wrong address on it and it's been roaming the country, nowhere near where I live, for two weeks. I was able to get another bottle sent. They seem to put everyone with acne doing the free trial on the same formula. I told my "provider" I wanted to add in a retinoid and increased azelaic acid. After 3 days she responded with a long-winded NO. That was almost enough to make me stop. But I kept using the lotion nightly and my face really cleared up after 2 months!! I was so happy. Then with the shipping fiasco I had no lotion for 8 days and I completely broke out again. So it's like I'm starting all over. If I could just get a consistent supply of this lotion I think it would really keep working.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've had cystic acne since I was 18 or so. I'm 29 now and I've been using Curology for 3 months.

This is hands down the ONLY product I've ever used where my skin is completely clear. I get 1-2 small pimples per week vs 1-2 every day. I've tried it all aside from Accutane.

I almost didn't try this because of the "gimmicky" ads but I'm so so glad I did. I hate to use the term "holy Grail product" because everyone has different skin but I'll never not use this.

Hope this helps!

on 11/24/2017 12:33:00 AM

Wow. To begin, my main concerns (in order) is hyperpigmentation, closed comedones, and acne. Well, this stuff is magical. I was pretty skeptical at first because of all of those gimmicky-feeling ads on Youtube. But since the first bottle was the free besides the five dollars for shipping, I gave it a shot. I saw horrible reviews about how it made people break out and it wouldn't stop, so yeah, that was a little terrifying, but I really didn't care.. I was spending so much money on products that didn't work, so this was just another one to add to my list. Just to list a few, I tried The Ordinary (too gentle imo, tried Adv. Retinoid, does nothing; peeling solution, does nothing, basically everything felt like the equivalent of putting water on my face) I also tried Differin, which broke me out a little bit, nothing too crazy, but it did dry the HECK out of my face yet did not stop acne. Curology SIGNIFICANTLY reduced most of the dark spots on my face in 5 nights. In only 5 nights!!! It killed any active acne on my face and actually PREVENTS acne. I have minimal breakouts since, I think I got two little spots because of hormones, and compared to before, thats nothing. I will say it doesn't do much for the stubborn blackheads on my nose, but honestly I don't even care.. I AM shocked at the results. My prescription was 0.009% tretinoin, 1% clindamycin, and 9% azelaic acid. I read on here that they give the same prescription to everyone for the first time, which is obviously not true. Anyways, give it a try. It's only 5 dollars for the first bottle and you can cancel anytime.. if you've lost hope, this might just work for you!

on 2/5/2017 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've dealt with acne since I was 12. Did the whole derm route with different creams, Spiro, etc. At 30 did 5 months of Accutane and had a great year, then It came back. Mostly chin and jaw. Terrible. I found Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid and it solved *most* of the bigger issues (and it will always be an HG and in my medicine cabinet), but still had problems with closed comedones, blackheads etc. Now, I'm 44. So it's keeping acne AND wrinkles at bay.
First batch ingredients:
– tretinoin 0.009% (unclogs pores and improves skin texture)
– clindamycin 1% (antibacterial and anti-inflammatory)
– azelaic acid 9% (antibacterial that also fights redness and hyperpigmentation)
Gave good results. Next shipment we upped the tretinoin to .018%.
Things were good. I was looking to get rid of subscriptions to save $$$. So cancelled this for a few months. Bad idea! Just got back on it at the script I left off with. Some minor purging, but it's also REALLY helping hyperpigmentation fade quickly.
I will not be going back off of it again.
Also very happy with service, response time, information, and personal attention. Rachel Rivard, NP-C is my provider.

I love Curology! They have invented a genius product! It works! You only need to use it at night before bed!