Curology - Acne Treatment

Curology - Acne Treatment

4.4

fka PocketDerm

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My biggest issue with Curology is that they tell you to use 2 pumps daily, then that NEVER lasts the full month. There's no way to really tell how much is left in the bottle either. With my last bottle they apparently put the wrong address on it and it's been roaming the country, nowhere near where I live, for two weeks. I was able to get another bottle sent. They seem to put everyone with acne doing the free trial on the same formula. I told my "provider" I wanted to add in a retinoid and increased azelaic acid. After 3 days she responded with a long-winded NO. That was almost enough to make me stop. But I kept using the lotion nightly and my face really cleared up after 2 months!! I was so happy. Then with the shipping fiasco I had no lotion for 8 days and I completely broke out again. So it's like I'm starting all over. If I could just get a consistent supply of this lotion I think it would really keep working.

on 2/5/2017 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've dealt with acne since I was 12. Did the whole derm route with different creams, Spiro, etc. At 30 did 5 months of Accutane and had a great year, then It came back. Mostly chin and jaw. Terrible. I found Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid and it solved *most* of the bigger issues (and it will always be an HG and in my medicine cabinet), but still had problems with closed comedones, blackheads etc. Now, I'm 44. So it's keeping acne AND wrinkles at bay.
First batch ingredients:
– tretinoin 0.009% (unclogs pores and improves skin texture)
– clindamycin 1% (antibacterial and anti-inflammatory)
– azelaic acid 9% (antibacterial that also fights redness and hyperpigmentation)
Gave good results. Next shipment we upped the tretinoin to .018%.
Things were good. I was looking to get rid of subscriptions to save $$$. So cancelled this for a few months. Bad idea! Just got back on it at the script I left off with. Some minor purging, but it's also REALLY helping hyperpigmentation fade quickly.
I will not be going back off of it again.
Also very happy with service, response time, information, and personal attention. Rachel Rivard, NP-C is my provider.

I love Curology! They have invented a genius product! It works! You only need to use it at night before bed!

Amazing product and service. It is so worth it! No doctors office or appointments. It worked great. My first bottle was an improvement but when I sent in my next set of photos my physician said it should be even better. The next bottle was that. I will be a curology client for a long time to come. I was just about to make an appt with a dermatologist for my acne when I found this and I gave it a try and I'm so thankful I did. For those of us that know our issue but need rx products to help it this is perfect. The timing was great on the auto refill. It came in the mail and two days later I used the last of the previous bottle. Can't say enough how much I love it. I haven't had an side effects but if you have sensitive skin I'm sure there are options to make it work for you. Customer service has been wonderful. Quick and helpful responses!

on 5/3/2016 8:45:00 PM

Great Product! As with many people who use tretinoin products (brand name retin -a) I too experienced an initial breakout. But...stuck with it & I am sooo glad I did. I am 31 & my skin had not looked this clear, even, just good since 17. I had tried everything! Derms & over the counter. I dont like BCP & spiro pumpkin my body with hormones so, this was the best option. I love that you have a derm, arpn u can write anytime u need with concerns & questions. I am in school to be an esthetician so I pick her brain all the time & she is great. I felt my tretinoin % at .009% (which retin-a fits not offer & u must start at .25% usually & that is why many experience such dryness, redness, & irritation, it is too much) but, my skin could handle more, so we increased it after 2 months. Then in another 2 months we went up again to .04%. Im about 3 weeks in @ that strength (4mos & 3wks total) & other than 1 or 2 small pimples right before or during my period, I'm clear. The PIH is fading from old breakouts & my skin feels so soft. And @ 31 I was starting to worry about wrinkles & tretinoin Hermosa with that too. By in increasing the rate ur skin cells turnover & exfoliate u are effectively handling both issues & Curology does have an anti-aging program too. My tretinoin is combined with clindamycin (anti-biotic) & azelic acid (helps fade marks & anti-inflammatory) & any patient will receive a custom med for their specific issues too. If u have tried everything & not had success or are doing the yo-yo thing, good month then bad month....try this please! I never write reviews but I really believe in this system, plus...it is so much cheaper than a derm visit & a prescription.

on 11/8/2015 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I cannot say enough good things, I have been using pocketderm since June and my assigned dermatologist Dr. Nancy Satur has been a godsend. She really listens to my concerns and is so quick to write back. After trying a topical with doxycycline with no results, she decided my acne was more hormonal and put me on spirnolactone. Wow. Nothing had ever worked so well before. It is scary how well this medication has worked for my skin. I am not sure about the 3 month maximum for prescription medication another reviewer wrote about as I have been on it for longer than that. When I asked my dermatologist about it, she said that since I am "young and healthy" she didn't find it necessary for me to see a gp or dermatologist in person. Definitely worth a try if you struggle with acne!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Fine program if your skin falls within the parameters of their range of formulas. I used tret/azelaic/clindamycin). However, the base clogged and the azelaic burned me. Because it was bundled I had stop all 3 treatments. It's all packed into one creamy gel. And if the creamy gel is too rich for your skin you are out of luck. Interactions with dr / customer service was fine but a bit rote. Again, a fine deal if it works for you. As always, all things skincare are ymmv.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love Pocketderm. I have cystic acne with white bumps all around my nose. My derm prescribed me my own medication and then answered all the questions I had about soap, moisturizers, sunscreens, etc. With the medication and soap (St. Ives apricot scrub) it has really cleared up my skin. It did take about 4 months though, so patience is key!