Curology - Acne Treatment

Curology - Acne Treatment

4.2

fka PocketDerm

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've had cystic acne since I was 18 or so. I'm 29 now and I've been using Curology for 3 months.

This is hands down the ONLY product I've ever used where my skin is completely clear. I get 1-2 small pimples per week vs 1-2 every day. I've tried it all aside from Accutane.

I almost didn't try this because of the "gimmicky" ads but I'm so so glad I did. I hate to use the term "holy Grail product" because everyone has different skin but I'll never not use this.

Hope this helps!

I've been using the product for about a month and I feel like my face is worse. I just got another two month bottle so I'm giving it two more months. My biggest complaint is the bottle itself. Both bottles I've received won't pump any product out of it so I am stuck unscrewing it and using a q-tip to get the product out. Also the one month bottle definitely did not last the full month and I used it as directed. It last three weeks at most. Also the way the bottle is, you can't tell how much product is left without taking off the pump. I don't think I will continue using curology after my two month bottle is up.

I was seeking curology for possibly helping clear the tiny bumps all over my forehead and jawline. When I started my prescription, my skin reacted horribly. My cheeks, which were never a problem area and were always clear, were COVERED with incredibly red, inflamed lesions. I have had this for 3 months thinking it would help eventually. It just made my skin a lot worse when my skin wasn’t that bad in the first place.

on 11/24/2017 12:33:00 AM

Wow. To begin, my main concerns (in order) is hyperpigmentation, closed comedones, and acne. Well, this stuff is magical. I was pretty skeptical at first because of all of those gimmicky-feeling ads on Youtube. But since the first bottle was the free besides the five dollars for shipping, I gave it a shot. I saw horrible reviews about how it made people break out and it wouldn't stop, so yeah, that was a little terrifying, but I really didn't care.. I was spending so much money on products that didn't work, so this was just another one to add to my list. Just to list a few, I tried The Ordinary (too gentle imo, tried Adv. Retinoid, does nothing; peeling solution, does nothing, basically everything felt like the equivalent of putting water on my face) I also tried Differin, which broke me out a little bit, nothing too crazy, but it did dry the HECK out of my face yet did not stop acne. Curology SIGNIFICANTLY reduced most of the dark spots on my face in 5 nights. In only 5 nights!!! It killed any active acne on my face and actually PREVENTS acne. I have minimal breakouts since, I think I got two little spots because of hormones, and compared to before, thats nothing. I will say it doesn't do much for the stubborn blackheads on my nose, but honestly I don't even care.. I AM shocked at the results. My prescription was 0.009% tretinoin, 1% clindamycin, and 9% azelaic acid. I read on here that they give the same prescription to everyone for the first time, which is obviously not true. Anyways, give it a try. It's only 5 dollars for the first bottle and you can cancel anytime.. if you've lost hope, this might just work for you!

on 9/25/2017 11:41:00 AM

Curology has been an absolute savior for my skin. For the first time in my life someone this week complimented me on my skin and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was the girl who struggled with problem skin from the age of 14 all the way to 32. After a rough encounter with a local dermatologist who only wanted to sell me prescriptions he could get a kickback on (and ignoring me when I asked for the generic versions my insurance would cover...), I thought I'd give Curology a try. I'm glad I did because it's affordable and the advice I receive when I reach out to my derm is almost always exactly spot on and helpful. I've emailed to get her opinion on products like face washes for my skin type, and any changes in my skin and why they might be occurring and always get a fast and well thought out response.

I went from waking up with redness and 6-7 new spots each day to occasionally waking up with a single whitehead a couple times a week in about 6 months. Not perfect, but I'm ecstatic! And I'm slowly bumping up the tretinoin right now and noticing that my skin looks more radiant - a huge plus.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My biggest issue with Curology is that they tell you to use 2 pumps daily, then that NEVER lasts the full month. There's no way to really tell how much is left in the bottle either. With my last bottle they apparently put the wrong address on it and it's been roaming the country, nowhere near where I live, for two weeks. I was able to get another bottle sent. They seem to put everyone with acne doing the free trial on the same formula. I told my "provider" I wanted to add in a retinoid and increased azelaic acid. After 3 days she responded with a long-winded NO. That was almost enough to make me stop. But I kept using the lotion nightly and my face really cleared up after 2 months!! I was so happy. Then with the shipping fiasco I had no lotion for 8 days and I completely broke out again. So it's like I'm starting all over. If I could just get a consistent supply of this lotion I think it would really keep working.

Curology worked when nothing else did.
I am currently on month 5 of using this service and am so happy with results!
A lil history:
I had pretty darn clear skin all my life, with small hormonal breakouts (1-2 pimples/month)
I tried oil cleansing method (original, by using only oils to clean and wiping off with warm towel). OCM ruined my skin and I should have stopped sooner but kept believing I was purging. Stupid! By the 2nd month my face was covered in thousands of tiny little bumps and some cystic acne!
I tried gentle cleansing, then salicylic acid, then benzoyl peroxide (stuck with all for 45 days each). Nothing helped!
Couldn't afford a dermatologist so signed up for Curology. Best decision! The first few weeks I only felt a calming in my skin but still covered in breakouts.
By day 40 I could see results.
By day 70 most of the bumps were gone.
I am still left with remaining hyperpigmention it's slowly starting to fade :)
Would definitely recommend! The derms that work there are helpful.
My first scipt was: 4% Azelaic Acid, 1% Clindamycin and 4% Niacinamide.
100 days in I changed to: 8% Azelaic Acid, 1% Clindamycin and 0.25% Zinc Pyrithione.

on 8/30/2017 5:15:00 PM

Buyer Beware of Curology: Their website falsely states: "You’re matched with a licensed dermatology provider who gets to know your skin. They’ll ask questions, check your progress, and stick by you" This is a bold face lie. I signed up, sent a few comments and the worst pix I had, fully expecting 'Jennifer' to review my info, and contact me to ask more in depth questions since I had a couple of issues that needed to be addressed before deciding on treatment. Wanted to explain why I sent the pictures, since they were of an atypical situation, and the worst of my history, then hopefully submit my current and average pictures afterwards. Instead, after paying for my trial, Jennifer promptly misdiagnosed me, told me to close my account, and maybe see a Derm. If she would've asked, I could have told her I'd already been to supposedly the best Derm office in my state. She never asked me anything, just ASSumed. Still trying to get a refund. My recommendation after this fiasco - go to a local Dermatologist with a real diploma.

on 8/21/2017 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Buyer beware!!!! My provider has been amazing since day one BUT none of her or MY hard work means a thing if I suddenly stop receiving bottles mid use!!!! Apparently if I use the messaging feature and my provider happens to not read my message immediately during a time where my shipment is supposed to go out, they put a hold on it!!! I have been meticulously following Curology's instructions for months and am even on the recommended oral pills! I am now without my curology cream for 5 days due to this bull shit policy!!! They basically put a hold on my account and when they finally released my shipment were unable to express it to me. Months of hard work for what??? My breakouts are already coming back in full force as a result of stopping this PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION so abruptly. Do yourself a favor and just go the dr. At least you can pick up your medication yourself!

Curology is by far the best Acne Treatment product that I've come across in about 3/4 years. I never really had acne throughout highschool and when I turned 19 or 20 I got the worst acne on my left cheek and have been left with some awful scars and skin pigmentation from it. Up until about a few months ago I was still struggling with it, trying to get rid of the scars but still getting pimples there and on my forehead. I've also been struggling with acne on my back/chest since I was about 13! In all my years searching for skin care products this company has really helped me out. I can go out in public without makeup on! It's just one little bottle for $24 a month (and you can choose how often it's shipped!) I don't go through one bottle that quickly so I like to push it back. You get to communicate with a well educated doctor about your skin type, where you get acne, how long you've had acne, what birth control you're on, what medications you've taken for acne, etc. Then the doctor gives you a full low down on what you're going to do to change your skin care routine and it's so simple! Gentle face cleanser, and the Curology treatment at night. And when I had flare ups and explained the type of pimples to the doctor, she helped me immediately and now I only get a few pimples when I'm on my period and I can finally get rid of those gnarly scars since there's no more pimples. And on top of all of that, all she did was recommend me a body bar that has almost completely cleared my body acne! Would definitely recommend this brand to anyone who's struggling with acne/their skin. I don't feel disgusted when I look in the mirror anymore and I never thought that would happen. Everyone should check out Curology!