Curology - Acne Treatment

Filtered by skin type : Oily
 Curology - Acne Treatment

fka PocketDerm

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've had cystic acne since I was 18 or so. I'm 29 now and I've been using Curology for 3 months.

This is hands down the ONLY product I've ever used where my skin is completely clear. I get 1-2 small pimples per week vs 1-2 every day. I've tried it all aside from Accutane.

I almost didn't try this because of the "gimmicky" ads but I'm so so glad I did. I hate to use the term "holy Grail product" because everyone has different skin but I'll never not use this.

Hope this helps!

on 10/6/2016 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Love my Curology prescription! I'm on my third bottle and have noticed wonderful results. It takes a while to notice a difference, but I used to suffer from frequent breakouts on my nose and chin. I never get breakouts now and only have, at most, a tiny whitehead pop up maybe once a month. Such an amazing difference.
Only thing I hate is the packaging. It comes with a pump but sometimes it doesn't pump and I tried fixing it and ended up pushing some internal mechanism deep into the bottle. Wish it was simpler so I could fix it myself, but now I have to order a new one. So much wasted product :(
Anyhow, I highly recommend this product, just make sure you're honest with your online dermatologist if you aren't seeing the results you were expecting.

on 11/8/2015 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I cannot say enough good things, I have been using pocketderm since June and my assigned dermatologist Dr. Nancy Satur has been a godsend. She really listens to my concerns and is so quick to write back. After trying a topical with doxycycline with no results, she decided my acne was more hormonal and put me on spirnolactone. Wow. Nothing had ever worked so well before. It is scary how well this medication has worked for my skin. I am not sure about the 3 month maximum for prescription medication another reviewer wrote about as I have been on it for longer than that. When I asked my dermatologist about it, she said that since I am "young and healthy" she didn't find it necessary for me to see a gp or dermatologist in person. Definitely worth a try if you struggle with acne!