Curology - Acne Treatment

Curology - Acne Treatment

4.6

fka PocketDerm

on 11/24/2017 12:33:00 AM

Wow. To begin, my main concerns (in order) is hyperpigmentation, closed comedones, and acne. Well, this stuff is magical. I was pretty skeptical at first because of all of those gimmicky-feeling ads on Youtube. But since the first bottle was the free besides the five dollars for shipping, I gave it a shot. I saw horrible reviews about how it made people break out and it wouldn't stop, so yeah, that was a little terrifying, but I really didn't care.. I was spending so much money on products that didn't work, so this was just another one to add to my list. Just to list a few, I tried The Ordinary (too gentle imo, tried Adv. Retinoid, does nothing; peeling solution, does nothing, basically everything felt like the equivalent of putting water on my face) I also tried Differin, which broke me out a little bit, nothing too crazy, but it did dry the HECK out of my face yet did not stop acne. Curology SIGNIFICANTLY reduced most of the dark spots on my face in 5 nights. In only 5 nights!!! It killed any active acne on my face and actually PREVENTS acne. I have minimal breakouts since, I think I got two little spots because of hormones, and compared to before, thats nothing. I will say it doesn't do much for the stubborn blackheads on my nose, but honestly I don't even care.. I AM shocked at the results. My prescription was 0.009% tretinoin, 1% clindamycin, and 9% azelaic acid. I read on here that they give the same prescription to everyone for the first time, which is obviously not true. Anyways, give it a try. It's only 5 dollars for the first bottle and you can cancel anytime.. if you've lost hope, this might just work for you!

on 9/25/2017 11:41:00 AM

Curology has been an absolute savior for my skin. For the first time in my life someone this week complimented me on my skin and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was the girl who struggled with problem skin from the age of 14 all the way to 32. After a rough encounter with a local dermatologist who only wanted to sell me prescriptions he could get a kickback on (and ignoring me when I asked for the generic versions my insurance would cover...), I thought I'd give Curology a try. I'm glad I did because it's affordable and the advice I receive when I reach out to my derm is almost always exactly spot on and helpful. I've emailed to get her opinion on products like face washes for my skin type, and any changes in my skin and why they might be occurring and always get a fast and well thought out response.

I went from waking up with redness and 6-7 new spots each day to occasionally waking up with a single whitehead a couple times a week in about 6 months. Not perfect, but I'm ecstatic! And I'm slowly bumping up the tretinoin right now and noticing that my skin looks more radiant - a huge plus.

Curology worked when nothing else did.
I am currently on month 5 of using this service and am so happy with results!
A lil history:
I had pretty darn clear skin all my life, with small hormonal breakouts (1-2 pimples/month)
I tried oil cleansing method (original, by using only oils to clean and wiping off with warm towel). OCM ruined my skin and I should have stopped sooner but kept believing I was purging. Stupid! By the 2nd month my face was covered in thousands of tiny little bumps and some cystic acne!
I tried gentle cleansing, then salicylic acid, then benzoyl peroxide (stuck with all for 45 days each). Nothing helped!
Couldn't afford a dermatologist so signed up for Curology. Best decision! The first few weeks I only felt a calming in my skin but still covered in breakouts.
By day 40 I could see results.
By day 70 most of the bumps were gone.
I am still left with remaining hyperpigmention it's slowly starting to fade :)
Would definitely recommend! The derms that work there are helpful.
My first scipt was: 4% Azelaic Acid, 1% Clindamycin and 4% Niacinamide.
100 days in I changed to: 8% Azelaic Acid, 1% Clindamycin and 0.25% Zinc Pyrithione.

on 7/22/2017 12:47:00 AM

I had a sudden bout of hormonal acne. I tried everything for months and even considered going on another course of roaccutane. Curology was my last attempt before I go on roaccutane. And I'm so glad I gave it a try. Not only are my pimples gone. But the small under the skin black and white heads are also gone. My skin is smooth. Give it a try. You have nothing to lose with one month free trial.

After suffering from acne my whole life, I can say that Curology is the BEST acne medication out there right now. Because the formula in each bottle of curology is customized to your skin problems, literally you will see improvements to your skin in a week. My problems were never big zits, it was more that every single one of my pores were always filled with gunk and oil deposits, no matter how often I went to the aesthetician to clean out my skin, or wash my face diligently, my pores were always clogged and become infected and would erupt again. The process is frustrating and it got really old, when I'm already close to forty and still have the skin problems of a teenager.

I have used Proactiv, Rodan and Fields, chinese formulas teas, gone to acne.com and followed their advice, cut diary and sugar out of my diet, you name it I tried it, but nothing has provided the relief to my skin. My curology formula includes the following:

– tretinoin 0.009% (unclogs pores and improves skin texture)
– clindamycin 1% (antibacterial and anti-inflammatory)
– azelaic acid 9% (antibacterial that also fights redness and dark spots/post-acne marks)

They may differ for each person, you upload your picture into their site, and get the consultation online by a RN or Physician Associate.

My nighttime routine is as follow:

1) Double step cleaning, first remove make up with [Banila Clean It Zero Purity] then clean [Su:m37 Miracle Rose cleansing Stick]

2) Toning with [Park and Son Beauty Water]

3) Moisterizer with [Nature Republic Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel] and every other day [Mizon Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule]

4) Smooth Curology formula over problem areas.

You will notice that the brands I use are all korean, it's not because i'm korean, I'm asian lady from California, I just find korean brands to be very natural and gentle on skin. It's not harsh or irritates the skin with less chemical in the products. You can go to amazon.com and get it shipped to you.

I am not paid to promote this product, just want to share my experience with other acne sufferers, as I know how frustrating it is!

Love this product, and the service is so easy to use! I have been trying to get my acne under control for a while now, and it just doesn't seen to happen! A few months ago I started using Curology and I have been very pleased with what it has done with my skin. My hormonal breakouts have become non-existent. And on long work weeks, when I haven't been as diligent with sleep/water/beauty routine my skin is still firm, clear, and healthy. Seriously, my skin has never been softer, cleaner, or clearer! I am very happy.
Also, your assigned Derm will help you out with anything, even if its a small one time concern or not directly related to the product. They are there to help you with all your skincare questions. And when they give you instructions, take them seriously! I ignored one and it didn't turn out well! They are professionals who will really help you with your skin.

I used this service when it was PocketDerm and strayed, thinking I know better and don't need to pay the subscription fee because I work in luxury beauty and therefore can just use whatever packaging is pretty and I receive as gratis. Nope. Enough. I'm relying strictly on the MD's from here on out.

It's a week before my wedding and I am in dire straits. My skin has been freaking out, angry cystic red pimples all over my chin and jawline and cheeks. I wanted to cry and felt so insecure. I tried everything, very little worked but cutting all my usual actives and switching to strictly CeraVe.

Within two days of messaging, Dr. Anna Ballard, my Curology dermatologist, put in an emergency order of spiro, doxy, and prednisone, which helped right away, and sent me a blend with clindamyacin, niacinamide, and zinc, which is also working very well.

I'm not trying to promote unrealistic expectations or a time frame here but the doctors really listen and care about your concerns and that to me is worth every penny of my monthly fee. I highly recommend giving it a shot.

I love Curology! They have invented a genius product! It works! You only need to use it at night before bed!

I had always had pretty clear skin. I was "blessed" with no cystic acne, just whiteheads on my forehead and the usual period pimples. But last year, I started to have the worst pimples on my cheeks that even makeup couldn't cover.

So I turned to Curology in March 2016, with Emily Gruber, NP-C as my medical provider. I was very detailed in my description of my current skincare routine and I took tons of pictures. My first formula contained 4% niacinamide, 1% clindamycin, and 0.25% zinc pyrithione. She recommended that I stick to a very simple skincare routine (before Curology, I was using my Clarisonic almost daily). This combination of the simplicity of my skincare routine and Curology nightly did wonders for my skin. My forehead cleared up and I wasn't getting any pimples.

In June, before I was to receive my next shipment of Curology, I contacted Emily with updated photos. I also told her that I rarely ever get pimples anymore and that I just want to clear the hyperpigmentation. So she changed my formula to 8% azelaic acid, 1% clindamycin, and 0.25% zinc pyrthione. To be honest, I haven't been as faithful to using Curology every night, especially lately. But I never get pimples or whiteheads anymore and my skin is so soft so that in itself is a win!

I definitely recommend Curology, especially if you have nothing left to do to help your skin. And at $19 a month, that's not completely crazy.

I posted this review elsewhere, but I love MakeupAlley, so I hope it's OK if I repost it:

Name any of the top acne treatments, and I've probably tried it. I started to get acne around early college, and despite what other's told me ("You'll grow out of it", "You just need to use productx"), it only got worst with age. I literally never left the house without a full face of makeup, for about a decade.

I finally hit my breaking point when I turned 30, and my latest treatment made my face so dry it made my skin crack when I smiled. I tried a dermatologist in office, that took 2 months to get into and spent a grand total of 5 minutes with me (and cost me about $180, yay). I gave in and placed my order, expecting another disappointment.

And then my face cleared up. Like that. In about two weeks I had already stopped breaking out. A few months later, my red spots faded. I no longer wear concealer(!!!!) I emailed my Curology doctor a few times, and he not only answered the email within a day, I could tell he actually READ my email, and gave me legitimate product recommendations (that I still use two years later).

Curology is not like other products I've tried. It's customized to ME (or you). If something doesn't work, it can be adjusted. It could cost me 5 times more and I'd still subscribe. I wish it existed 10 years ago, because It has changed my life for the better. <3