Curology - Acne Treatment

fka PocketDerm

on 4/5/2018 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I decided to try Curology based on a You Tube blogger’s recommendation. However, I’m using it for anti-aging rather than acne. I’ve been using tretinoin 0.5% with good results and with my Curology prescriber decided upon tretinoin 0.75% along with vitamin C and niacinamide. Heaven in a bottle. My skin loves this stuff and with the support available on both Curology’s website, and working with my consultant, it’s a win-win. There is flexibility in choosing a 30 day or 60 day supply, and with a customized formula, the $20 per month is quite reasonable.

4/19/18 UPDATE: Working with the pharmacist, the tretinoin in my formula was increased to 0.14%, as I’ve been using tretinoin for quite some time. I have to say I love this product. My nighttime routine is simplified dramatically. Wash, spritz some Thayers and wipe, Curology, eye cream and argan oil. My skin is actually smoother, tighter and more even toned. No irritation. I’m hooked

I got the trial version and with the basic formulation (AZELAIC ACID, CLINDAMYCIN, NIACINAMIDE) they give most people and I tried it for a month. I had decent acne on my forehead due to hormone imbalance from BC. They warned me that its gonna get worse before it gets better. At first it really did get worse. My skin texture got really weird with these tiny bumps literally everywhere on my face. I got really worried but decided to continue. Although the zits came down in size they were still very persistent and would become really pusy. I continued the treament that was supposed to help me also get rid of the dark spots left over from the acne. Well guess what, the amount of zits that the medication "brought out" to try to "clear up" the acne actually made more dark spots and did not help them. I decided to take a break after the month and came back to it a little later and all the acne inflamed again. I decided to stop using it and went on a search to get serum and moisturizer to get rid of my spotted forehead. Mind you I used my Teint Idole 24 hr Lancome foundation which is full coverage and even two layers of it would not over the dark spots completely. I bought Even Better Serum and the new Moisture Surge Gel to try to recover. 2 weeks later everything cleared up and dark spots are fading.

Throughout this time I was in a middle of a move and had a car accident. I tried contacting support only to get their voicemail box. I contacted my curology "doctor" and she explained that there are no return or refunds. While I still have two more bottles of that formula sitting in their boxes untouched. And I know for a fact I'm not the only one with that formula. In fact, most people get the same "unique" formula when they sign up.

The point of the story. It's probably not a good idea to deal with this product or company.