Curology - Acne Treatment

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
 Curology - Acne Treatment

fka PocketDerm

Curology has been a god send for me.... mind you, I’ve never had horrible acne, or cystic acne, but I still always seemed to have at least two or three on my face at all times. I also was a sun worshiper in my twenties, so I had pigmentation on my forehead which made me looks years older... about 5 months ago, my skin went completely insane... all on my jaw line I kept breaking out, and it wouldn’t stop... all of my normal products no longer worked. I spent about $600 on that whole fiasco, buying a Clarisonic, getting retinol creams, differin etc. nothing worked.. I saw a curology add on a YouTube video and I decided to give it try... after all the first month was $5.... their distribution center is in San Diego, and I am also in California, so my bottle came within three days. After a week of using this, my skin completely cleared up.. my sun spots were starting to fade... I haven’t looked back since. The bottle doesn’t last as long as they say, however I use three pumps instead of the recommended two to be fair. I know it won’t work for everyone, but it’s worth a shot with the free month you get... also, everyone keeps saying you get the same prescription as everyone else in the beginning.. that is just not true. My bottle came with .018% tretinoin, 8% azelaic acid, and then 4% clindamyacin. I really love this product, and I did purge the first month, but my pimples were so tiny, they came and left within a day. Any pimple I get now, which is very rare, is also very small, and disappears within a day or so.... I also use this in combination with tarte knockout during the day, and take supplements along with it.. in case anyone is wondering, I take zinc, evening primrose oil, omega 3’s, turmeric and reishi, and lysine.. skin is damn near perfect for being 33

on 2/8/2018 9:38:00 AM

I have been using Curology for almost two years ago and have seen a huge improvement in my skin. After years trying everything -
salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, exfoliants, clay masks, cleansers running the spectrum from harsh to gentle, etc. - I finally found Curology. My skin is smoother, less oily, and much, much, less prone to breakouts on my forehead and chin, which were my main problem areas. I also had lots of hyperpigmentation that has faded significantly, and my skin's tone is much less red in general. It's true that it does take awhile for your skin to get better and, YES, your skin will "get worse" for a bit as it purges. I have seen people who have quit Curology after a week or a month saying it made their skin worse, but you absolutely have to be patient and let it work its magic. The bottle doesn't necessarily last as long as they say it does (but I do usually use more than they say you should, to be fair!), but to me it's still worth it :) My provider is always helpful whenever I frantically message her about a skin problem I'm having.

on 9/25/2017 11:41:00 AM

Curology has been an absolute savior for my skin. For the first time in my life someone this week complimented me on my skin and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was the girl who struggled with problem skin from the age of 14 all the way to 32. After a rough encounter with a local dermatologist who only wanted to sell me prescriptions he could get a kickback on (and ignoring me when I asked for the generic versions my insurance would cover...), I thought I'd give Curology a try. I'm glad I did because it's affordable and the advice I receive when I reach out to my derm is almost always exactly spot on and helpful. I've emailed to get her opinion on products like face washes for my skin type, and any changes in my skin and why they might be occurring and always get a fast and well thought out response.

I went from waking up with redness and 6-7 new spots each day to occasionally waking up with a single whitehead a couple times a week in about 6 months. Not perfect, but I'm ecstatic! And I'm slowly bumping up the tretinoin right now and noticing that my skin looks more radiant - a huge plus.

Curology worked when nothing else did.
I am currently on month 5 of using this service and am so happy with results!
A lil history:
I had pretty darn clear skin all my life, with small hormonal breakouts (1-2 pimples/month)
I tried oil cleansing method (original, by using only oils to clean and wiping off with warm towel). OCM ruined my skin and I should have stopped sooner but kept believing I was purging. Stupid! By the 2nd month my face was covered in thousands of tiny little bumps and some cystic acne!
I tried gentle cleansing, then salicylic acid, then benzoyl peroxide (stuck with all for 45 days each). Nothing helped!
Couldn't afford a dermatologist so signed up for Curology. Best decision! The first few weeks I only felt a calming in my skin but still covered in breakouts.
By day 40 I could see results.
By day 70 most of the bumps were gone.
I am still left with remaining hyperpigmention it's slowly starting to fade :)
Would definitely recommend! The derms that work there are helpful.
My first scipt was: 4% Azelaic Acid, 1% Clindamycin and 4% Niacinamide.
100 days in I changed to: 8% Azelaic Acid, 1% Clindamycin and 0.25% Zinc Pyrithione.

Curology is by far the best Acne Treatment product that I've come across in about 3/4 years. I never really had acne throughout highschool and when I turned 19 or 20 I got the worst acne on my left cheek and have been left with some awful scars and skin pigmentation from it. Up until about a few months ago I was still struggling with it, trying to get rid of the scars but still getting pimples there and on my forehead. I've also been struggling with acne on my back/chest since I was about 13! In all my years searching for skin care products this company has really helped me out. I can go out in public without makeup on! It's just one little bottle for $24 a month (and you can choose how often it's shipped!) I don't go through one bottle that quickly so I like to push it back. You get to communicate with a well educated doctor about your skin type, where you get acne, how long you've had acne, what birth control you're on, what medications you've taken for acne, etc. Then the doctor gives you a full low down on what you're going to do to change your skin care routine and it's so simple! Gentle face cleanser, and the Curology treatment at night. And when I had flare ups and explained the type of pimples to the doctor, she helped me immediately and now I only get a few pimples when I'm on my period and I can finally get rid of those gnarly scars since there's no more pimples. And on top of all of that, all she did was recommend me a body bar that has almost completely cleared my body acne! Would definitely recommend this brand to anyone who's struggling with acne/their skin. I don't feel disgusted when I look in the mirror anymore and I never thought that would happen. Everyone should check out Curology!

on 8/2/2017 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I subscribed due to a blog post, and I have no regrets! I was given a mix of Clindamycin, azelaic acid and tertian, as I am in my 30's and still have acne. Fun times! The customer service is A+, as well--the NP I work with answers all my questions in a timely and friendly manner. My skin looks a lot better (as a result of both the cream and the zinc soap/vitamin C combo recommended).

Love this product, and the service is so easy to use! I have been trying to get my acne under control for a while now, and it just doesn't seen to happen! A few months ago I started using Curology and I have been very pleased with what it has done with my skin. My hormonal breakouts have become non-existent. And on long work weeks, when I haven't been as diligent with sleep/water/beauty routine my skin is still firm, clear, and healthy. Seriously, my skin has never been softer, cleaner, or clearer! I am very happy.
Also, your assigned Derm will help you out with anything, even if its a small one time concern or not directly related to the product. They are there to help you with all your skincare questions. And when they give you instructions, take them seriously! I ignored one and it didn't turn out well! They are professionals who will really help you with your skin.

I have been using Curology for 4+ months now. I have struggled with cystic acne for a long while, and PIE. My skin has cleared up, and my PIE is slowly, but surely fading. On top of that, my derm has been so helpful, and gone out of her way to help me. I have started Doxycycline as a preventative measure, along with hopefully being able to use my Curology a little less. Needless to say, I absolutely love everything about it. I have seen nothing but great reviews on them as well. This has been the best decision of my life. At this point, this sounds like a paid AD, but it's really not. I have been writing about my journey on my blog, and using my Instagram to speak on it too. <3

I used this service when it was PocketDerm and strayed, thinking I know better and don't need to pay the subscription fee because I work in luxury beauty and therefore can just use whatever packaging is pretty and I receive as gratis. Nope. Enough. I'm relying strictly on the MD's from here on out.

It's a week before my wedding and I am in dire straits. My skin has been freaking out, angry cystic red pimples all over my chin and jawline and cheeks. I wanted to cry and felt so insecure. I tried everything, very little worked but cutting all my usual actives and switching to strictly CeraVe.

Within two days of messaging, Dr. Anna Ballard, my Curology dermatologist, put in an emergency order of spiro, doxy, and prednisone, which helped right away, and sent me a blend with clindamyacin, niacinamide, and zinc, which is also working very well.

I'm not trying to promote unrealistic expectations or a time frame here but the doctors really listen and care about your concerns and that to me is worth every penny of my monthly fee. I highly recommend giving it a shot.

on 10/6/2016 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Love my Curology prescription! I'm on my third bottle and have noticed wonderful results. It takes a while to notice a difference, but I used to suffer from frequent breakouts on my nose and chin. I never get breakouts now and only have, at most, a tiny whitehead pop up maybe once a month. Such an amazing difference.
Only thing I hate is the packaging. It comes with a pump but sometimes it doesn't pump and I tried fixing it and ended up pushing some internal mechanism deep into the bottle. Wish it was simpler so I could fix it myself, but now I have to order a new one. So much wasted product :(
Anyhow, I highly recommend this product, just make sure you're honest with your online dermatologist if you aren't seeing the results you were expecting.