Curology - Acne Treatment

Curology - Acne Treatment

4.4

fka PocketDerm

on 8/19/2018 4:47:00 AM

Im 8 weeks in and my skin is a lotttt worst than when i started it. Im going to try one more month but overall its ruined my skin.
I feel like some of these reviews are fake. a lot of users who reviewed this on here has no other reviews so buyers beware!!!

edit, i threw it in the trash, let me explain:

i started this trial for 5 dollars on june 20th. My prescription was azealic acid , zinc pyrithione and clindymicine.(idk the spelling) After the first week my face was breaking out really really bad in places ive never had acne before and it was pimples that werent super inflamed but the type that will leave scars quickly and for a long time. I get sooooo oily in the morning when i wake up. Im super super super greasy the day after. I told my prescriber (who seems to be on vacation a lot) and she told me is possibly purging and wait another 4 weeks. anyways fastfoward to 4 weeks and my face is still breaking out with new pimples EVERY SINGLE DAY. Id wake up everyday and wait to see where the new little fella will pop up. I only had ONE day out of the 2 months where i didnt have a new pimple but that lasted for less than 48 hours. Now in week 8 i gave up. my face is so much worst and covered in acne/acne scars. i have 15 to 20 acne scars just on one cheeks from starting curology. i never had any cheek acne before this. My problem area was always my forehead and chin and til this day i still have a bunch of active acne on those areas. my before and after is shocking and leaves me so confused. i wish i had never started curology. I messaged my provider every week and they just kept telling me to hold off and wait and wait. I think 8 weeks is long enough and im so over it. im going back to bp regime from dan at acne.org. its worked for my when i was a teen. I just have to have patience like i was with curology. i wasted 2 months on this. but i did learn to use acne patches from cosrx which are awesome. and also my skin hates anything with alcohol. i guess i took some lessons from this experience. it wasnt all that bad but if i could go back in time i would have NEVER tried this out. everyone is different and i was one of the few that hated this. A lot of recent reviews are not so great so i am guessing many of the reviews on here and elsewhere are fake. i even clicked on the profiles of people who had reviewed this as a godsend and they only ever wrote a curology review without any other ones so it seems very fishy. BEWARE BEWARE

the providers are nice and even tried to prescribe oral medicine. I didnt fall for it. its in the trash. they kept telling me to use this product and along with other products and its just been such a pain in the ass waking up and more pimples show up. way more than before i started. i have photos to prove and its not pretty.

My skin just feel irritated and super oily while using this. I told my provider , hey im breaking out and she jusy tells me to hang in there.

Now i just wash my face with gentle cleanser and splash water. Basically barely touch my skin. Then put on fab ultra repair cream and use cosrx acne patches on active whiteheads and wait. I will incorpoate bp back to my routine in a week after my skin takes a breather from the damn curology.

Dans bp 2.5% acne.org regime is 100 times better and i am getting results in 3 weeks. I no longer have acne but just scars left from curology. Trust ur instincts and know its not purging! Dont listen to those emails and trust urself. Curology is not good and made me oily and a mess and pizza face.

This cured my acne. The end.

No in all seriousness, this is literally the only product that worked in getting rid of my stubborn hormonal acne.

Curology has been a god send for me.... mind you, I’ve never had horrible acne, or cystic acne, but I still always seemed to have at least two or three on my face at all times. I also was a sun worshiper in my twenties, so I had pigmentation on my forehead which made me looks years older... about 5 months ago, my skin went completely insane... all on my jaw line I kept breaking out, and it wouldn’t stop... all of my normal products no longer worked. I spent about $600 on that whole fiasco, buying a Clarisonic, getting retinol creams, differin etc. nothing worked.. I saw a curology add on a YouTube video and I decided to give it try... after all the first month was $5.... their distribution center is in San Diego, and I am also in California, so my bottle came within three days. After a week of using this, my skin completely cleared up.. my sun spots were starting to fade... I haven’t looked back since. The bottle doesn’t last as long as they say, however I use three pumps instead of the recommended two to be fair. I know it won’t work for everyone, but it’s worth a shot with the free month you get... also, everyone keeps saying you get the same prescription as everyone else in the beginning.. that is just not true. My bottle came with .018% tretinoin, 8% azelaic acid, and then 4% clindamyacin. I really love this product, and I did purge the first month, but my pimples were so tiny, they came and left within a day. Any pimple I get now, which is very rare, is also very small, and disappears within a day or so.... I also use this in combination with tarte knockout during the day, and take supplements along with it.. in case anyone is wondering, I take zinc, evening primrose oil, omega 3’s, turmeric and reishi, and lysine.. skin is damn near perfect for being 33

on 2/8/2018 9:38:00 AM

I have been using Curology for almost two years ago and have seen a huge improvement in my skin. After years trying everything -
salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, exfoliants, clay masks, cleansers running the spectrum from harsh to gentle, etc. - I finally found Curology. My skin is smoother, less oily, and much, much, less prone to breakouts on my forehead and chin, which were my main problem areas. I also had lots of hyperpigmentation that has faded significantly, and my skin's tone is much less red in general. It's true that it does take awhile for your skin to get better and, YES, your skin will "get worse" for a bit as it purges. I have seen people who have quit Curology after a week or a month saying it made their skin worse, but you absolutely have to be patient and let it work its magic. The bottle doesn't necessarily last as long as they say it does (but I do usually use more than they say you should, to be fair!), but to me it's still worth it :) My provider is always helpful whenever I frantically message her about a skin problem I'm having.

on 11/24/2017 12:33:00 AM

Wow. To begin, my main concerns (in order) is hyperpigmentation, closed comedones, and acne. Well, this stuff is magical. I was pretty skeptical at first because of all of those gimmicky-feeling ads on Youtube. But since the first bottle was the free besides the five dollars for shipping, I gave it a shot. I saw horrible reviews about how it made people break out and it wouldn't stop, so yeah, that was a little terrifying, but I really didn't care.. I was spending so much money on products that didn't work, so this was just another one to add to my list. Just to list a few, I tried The Ordinary (too gentle imo, tried Adv. Retinoid, does nothing; peeling solution, does nothing, basically everything felt like the equivalent of putting water on my face) I also tried Differin, which broke me out a little bit, nothing too crazy, but it did dry the HECK out of my face yet did not stop acne. Curology SIGNIFICANTLY reduced most of the dark spots on my face in 5 nights. In only 5 nights!!! It killed any active acne on my face and actually PREVENTS acne. I have minimal breakouts since, I think I got two little spots because of hormones, and compared to before, thats nothing. I will say it doesn't do much for the stubborn blackheads on my nose, but honestly I don't even care.. I AM shocked at the results. My prescription was 0.009% tretinoin, 1% clindamycin, and 9% azelaic acid. I read on here that they give the same prescription to everyone for the first time, which is obviously not true. Anyways, give it a try. It's only 5 dollars for the first bottle and you can cancel anytime.. if you've lost hope, this might just work for you!

on 9/25/2017 11:41:00 AM

Curology has been an absolute savior for my skin. For the first time in my life someone this week complimented me on my skin and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was the girl who struggled with problem skin from the age of 14 all the way to 32. After a rough encounter with a local dermatologist who only wanted to sell me prescriptions he could get a kickback on (and ignoring me when I asked for the generic versions my insurance would cover...), I thought I'd give Curology a try. I'm glad I did because it's affordable and the advice I receive when I reach out to my derm is almost always exactly spot on and helpful. I've emailed to get her opinion on products like face washes for my skin type, and any changes in my skin and why they might be occurring and always get a fast and well thought out response.

I went from waking up with redness and 6-7 new spots each day to occasionally waking up with a single whitehead a couple times a week in about 6 months. Not perfect, but I'm ecstatic! And I'm slowly bumping up the tretinoin right now and noticing that my skin looks more radiant - a huge plus.

Curology worked when nothing else did.
I am currently on month 5 of using this service and am so happy with results!
A lil history:
I had pretty darn clear skin all my life, with small hormonal breakouts (1-2 pimples/month)
I tried oil cleansing method (original, by using only oils to clean and wiping off with warm towel). OCM ruined my skin and I should have stopped sooner but kept believing I was purging. Stupid! By the 2nd month my face was covered in thousands of tiny little bumps and some cystic acne!
I tried gentle cleansing, then salicylic acid, then benzoyl peroxide (stuck with all for 45 days each). Nothing helped!
Couldn't afford a dermatologist so signed up for Curology. Best decision! The first few weeks I only felt a calming in my skin but still covered in breakouts.
By day 40 I could see results.
By day 70 most of the bumps were gone.
I am still left with remaining hyperpigmention it's slowly starting to fade :)
Would definitely recommend! The derms that work there are helpful.
My first scipt was: 4% Azelaic Acid, 1% Clindamycin and 4% Niacinamide.
100 days in I changed to: 8% Azelaic Acid, 1% Clindamycin and 0.25% Zinc Pyrithione.

on 8/30/2017 5:15:00 PM

Buyer Beware of Curology: Their website falsely states: "You’re matched with a licensed dermatology provider who gets to know your skin. They’ll ask questions, check your progress, and stick by you" This is a bold face lie. I signed up, sent a few comments and the worst pix I had, fully expecting 'Jennifer' to review my info, and contact me to ask more in depth questions since I had a couple of issues that needed to be addressed before deciding on treatment. Wanted to explain why I sent the pictures, since they were of an atypical situation, and the worst of my history, then hopefully submit my current and average pictures afterwards. Instead, after paying for my trial, Jennifer promptly misdiagnosed me, told me to close my account, and maybe see a Derm. If she would've asked, I could have told her I'd already been to supposedly the best Derm office in my state. She never asked me anything, just ASSumed. Still trying to get a refund. My recommendation after this fiasco - go to a local Dermatologist with a real diploma.

on 7/22/2017 12:47:00 AM

I had a sudden bout of hormonal acne. I tried everything for months and even considered going on another course of roaccutane. Curology was my last attempt before I go on roaccutane. And I'm so glad I gave it a try. Not only are my pimples gone. But the small under the skin black and white heads are also gone. My skin is smooth. Give it a try. You have nothing to lose with one month free trial.

After suffering from acne my whole life, I can say that Curology is the BEST acne medication out there right now. Because the formula in each bottle of curology is customized to your skin problems, literally you will see improvements to your skin in a week. My problems were never big zits, it was more that every single one of my pores were always filled with gunk and oil deposits, no matter how often I went to the aesthetician to clean out my skin, or wash my face diligently, my pores were always clogged and become infected and would erupt again. The process is frustrating and it got really old, when I'm already close to forty and still have the skin problems of a teenager.

I have used Proactiv, Rodan and Fields, chinese formulas teas, gone to acne.com and followed their advice, cut diary and sugar out of my diet, you name it I tried it, but nothing has provided the relief to my skin. My curology formula includes the following:

– tretinoin 0.009% (unclogs pores and improves skin texture)
– clindamycin 1% (antibacterial and anti-inflammatory)
– azelaic acid 9% (antibacterial that also fights redness and dark spots/post-acne marks)

They may differ for each person, you upload your picture into their site, and get the consultation online by a RN or Physician Associate.

My nighttime routine is as follow:

1) Double step cleaning, first remove make up with [Banila Clean It Zero Purity] then clean [Su:m37 Miracle Rose cleansing Stick]

2) Toning with [Park and Son Beauty Water]

3) Moisterizer with [Nature Republic Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel] and every other day [Mizon Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule]

4) Smooth Curology formula over problem areas.

You will notice that the brands I use are all korean, it's not because i'm korean, I'm asian lady from California, I just find korean brands to be very natural and gentle on skin. It's not harsh or irritates the skin with less chemical in the products. You can go to amazon.com and get it shipped to you.

I am not paid to promote this product, just want to share my experience with other acne sufferers, as I know how frustrating it is!