Curology - Acne Treatment

Curology - Acne Treatment

4.1

fka PocketDerm

on 4/18/2019 1:00:00 PM

Loooooove this product and the brand! I was struggling with my skin for the past few months but since I’ve started Curology my skin has been in the best shape it’s ever been! Totally recommend this to anyone who is having issues with acne.

on 4/18/2019 1:14:00 AM

Thank you! Adult acne hit me like a truck, and coming from pimple-less teen years, I had no idea how to take care of skin that was so dang sensitive! I’ve finally found good stuff that works for me and I feel so much more confident 😁

I was pretty apprehensive about starting Curology because I have pretty decent skin most of the time without treatment and didn't want to make it worse. But, knowing that I would have monthly (what I thought were) cystic breakouts that would swell my face up to twice its size, I decided to give Curology a go so that I could maintain clear skin all the time.

Not only did my provider correct my understanding of my skin (they aren't cystic breakouts, just very inflamed acne breakouts), they prescribed a formula that specifically mitigated the problems that my skin had. Since using Curology, I went from having horrible breakouts every few weeks to getting maybe one or two whiteheads every few months. It's nothing short of a miracle, and I feel much more confident in my skin. I'm also going out without makeup now as well, which is a major change!

The price is also pretty reasonable in my opinion. With Curology, I've cut back substantially on my skincare budget and most of my spend now goes toward Curology; I'd say spending around $20 per month on completely clear skin is pretty worth it.

As a skincare addict, I've tried everything and I can safely say that Curology has made the biggest difference. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to keep their skin clear regardless of how chaotic life gets.

on 2/20/2019 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love it! Thought the tretinoin would dry my skin out, but my provider was able to prescribe me one of the lowest percentages of the active. My skin is smooth and glowy and very well-moisturized! I have noticed that my dark spots from active pimples have faded, but it isn't helping as much with my melasma. Sometimes I get a bottle that smells a little funny, but I think variation is natural as my formula changes along with my skin. Love the product overall!

on 12/17/2018 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used the formula that was "made for my skin" and my face broke out worse than ive ever broken out before. I messaged my provider and instead of changing the formula to fix it.... they sent me the exact same mixture and oh by the way, conveniently, they do not do returns. Complete scam. Do not use this product.

This cured my acne. The end.

No in all seriousness, this is literally the only product that worked in getting rid of my stubborn hormonal acne.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Upon starting Curology I used this stuff exactly as I was advised. I’d apply this once every night, following the use of a gentle skin cleanser & before moisturizing (if desired). (Both my cleanser and moisturizer were products I’ve used forever btw)! It wasn’t until the second week I noticed some changes in my skin. Needless to say they weren’t good. I began breaking out like never before. I’d wake up with 2-3 new breakouts every single day. This lasted for the next 3 weeks until my first bottle was used up and I received my second. I was aware that purging of the skin wasn’t uncommon for the first several weeks so I went another week using it this. I didn’t think my skin couldn’t get any worse but Curology proved me wrong on this one. I was breaking out in areas I never had before, my skin was so much more oily than before. Not to mention my breakouts were huge compared to my before tiny red spots. I emailed my provider about this and she said it was just a part of purging and to essentially wait it out. I couldn’t. I stopped before halfway through my second month. My skin being the absolute worst it’s ever been, I couldn’t “wait it out.” Instantly after stopping Curology I stopped waking up with all these breakouts, and my skin started to settle down. Now ofcourse its not perfect right now, but I think I’m going to take a more natural approach to my acne and give it a rest from all these products. Overall Curology isn’t for everyone. There is the possibility of my skin having the chance of clearing up after the so called purging, but after a month of this I couldn’t stand it any longer.

Curology is by far the best Acne Treatment product that I've come across in about 3/4 years. I never really had acne throughout highschool and when I turned 19 or 20 I got the worst acne on my left cheek and have been left with some awful scars and skin pigmentation from it. Up until about a few months ago I was still struggling with it, trying to get rid of the scars but still getting pimples there and on my forehead. I've also been struggling with acne on my back/chest since I was about 13! In all my years searching for skin care products this company has really helped me out. I can go out in public without makeup on! It's just one little bottle for $24 a month (and you can choose how often it's shipped!) I don't go through one bottle that quickly so I like to push it back. You get to communicate with a well educated doctor about your skin type, where you get acne, how long you've had acne, what birth control you're on, what medications you've taken for acne, etc. Then the doctor gives you a full low down on what you're going to do to change your skin care routine and it's so simple! Gentle face cleanser, and the Curology treatment at night. And when I had flare ups and explained the type of pimples to the doctor, she helped me immediately and now I only get a few pimples when I'm on my period and I can finally get rid of those gnarly scars since there's no more pimples. And on top of all of that, all she did was recommend me a body bar that has almost completely cleared my body acne! Would definitely recommend this brand to anyone who's struggling with acne/their skin. I don't feel disgusted when I look in the mirror anymore and I never thought that would happen. Everyone should check out Curology!

I got the trial version and with the basic formulation (AZELAIC ACID, CLINDAMYCIN, NIACINAMIDE) they give most people and I tried it for a month. I had decent acne on my forehead due to hormone imbalance from BC. They warned me that its gonna get worse before it gets better. At first it really did get worse. My skin texture got really weird with these tiny bumps literally everywhere on my face. I got really worried but decided to continue. Although the zits came down in size they were still very persistent and would become really pusy. I continued the treament that was supposed to help me also get rid of the dark spots left over from the acne. Well guess what, the amount of zits that the medication "brought out" to try to "clear up" the acne actually made more dark spots and did not help them. I decided to take a break after the month and came back to it a little later and all the acne inflamed again. I decided to stop using it and went on a search to get serum and moisturizer to get rid of my spotted forehead. Mind you I used my Teint Idole 24 hr Lancome foundation which is full coverage and even two layers of it would not over the dark spots completely. I bought Even Better Serum and the new Moisture Surge Gel to try to recover. 2 weeks later everything cleared up and dark spots are fading.

Throughout this time I was in a middle of a move and had a car accident. I tried contacting support only to get their voicemail box. I contacted my curology "doctor" and she explained that there are no return or refunds. While I still have two more bottles of that formula sitting in their boxes untouched. And I know for a fact I'm not the only one with that formula. In fact, most people get the same "unique" formula when they sign up.

The point of the story. It's probably not a good idea to deal with this product or company.

Love this product, and the service is so easy to use! I have been trying to get my acne under control for a while now, and it just doesn't seen to happen! A few months ago I started using Curology and I have been very pleased with what it has done with my skin. My hormonal breakouts have become non-existent. And on long work weeks, when I haven't been as diligent with sleep/water/beauty routine my skin is still firm, clear, and healthy. Seriously, my skin has never been softer, cleaner, or clearer! I am very happy.
Also, your assigned Derm will help you out with anything, even if its a small one time concern or not directly related to the product. They are there to help you with all your skincare questions. And when they give you instructions, take them seriously! I ignored one and it didn't turn out well! They are professionals who will really help you with your skin.