Curology - Acne Treatment

Price: $

fka PocketDerm

on 12/17/2018 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used the formula that was "made for my skin" and my face broke out worse than ive ever broken out before. I messaged my provider and instead of changing the formula to fix it.... they sent me the exact same mixture and oh by the way, conveniently, they do not do returns. Complete scam. Do not use this product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Upon starting Curology I used this stuff exactly as I was advised. I’d apply this once every night, following the use of a gentle skin cleanser & before moisturizing (if desired). (Both my cleanser and moisturizer were products I’ve used forever btw)! It wasn’t until the second week I noticed some changes in my skin. Needless to say they weren’t good. I began breaking out like never before. I’d wake up with 2-3 new breakouts every single day. This lasted for the next 3 weeks until my first bottle was used up and I received my second. I was aware that purging of the skin wasn’t uncommon for the first several weeks so I went another week using it this. I didn’t think my skin couldn’t get any worse but Curology proved me wrong on this one. I was breaking out in areas I never had before, my skin was so much more oily than before. Not to mention my breakouts were huge compared to my before tiny red spots. I emailed my provider about this and she said it was just a part of purging and to essentially wait it out. I couldn’t. I stopped before halfway through my second month. My skin being the absolute worst it’s ever been, I couldn’t “wait it out.” Instantly after stopping Curology I stopped waking up with all these breakouts, and my skin started to settle down. Now ofcourse its not perfect right now, but I think I’m going to take a more natural approach to my acne and give it a rest from all these products. Overall Curology isn’t for everyone. There is the possibility of my skin having the chance of clearing up after the so called purging, but after a month of this I couldn’t stand it any longer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love Pocketderm. I have cystic acne with white bumps all around my nose. My derm prescribed me my own medication and then answered all the questions I had about soap, moisturizers, sunscreens, etc. With the medication and soap (St. Ives apricot scrub) it has really cleared up my skin. It did take about 4 months though, so patience is key!