Zelens PHA+ Bio-peel Resurfacing Facial Pads

No Image

3.8

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to hate these because the price is just insane but I have fallen in love with them. Definitely the best acid pad for my skin that I've ever tried. They feel luxurious going on because the pad itself is super soft and cushiony. I use them at night after I cleanse my face and I follow with a facial oil or moisturizer. I get a slight tingle after application but it goes away quickly and my skin has zero irritation. The proof is in the results, though: these make my skin glow like no other product ever has. It looks plumped and smooth. To stretch them out because of the hideous price, I alternate using them every other night (on off nights I use a retinoid).

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have used lots of different acids but was looking for something gentle since the Clinique mild clarifying lotion got discontinued. I only use these in the morning as I have prescription azeleic acid for the evenings. First, yes they contain alcohol and yes you can smell it. Would I rather they were alcohol free? Of course. But, I appreciate it is necessary to dissolve the acids... which are the main stars of the show. They work to calm and gently exfoliate, and I have had no irritation. My skin feels smooth and polished and they quickly cleared up a few whiteheads which appeared on my forehead. Dr Lens say you can use them twice daily without irritation but for me they are once a day. I always follow with a decent serum and my moisturiser/SPF. The price is a little depressing but I cannot find a glycolic acid free alternative that actually works, so I am willing to pay for these. (I too cut them in half.)

on 8/17/2015 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I really liked these. Skin looked noticeably better after using. Followed with Zelens oil mixed with moisturizer .

on 5/2/2015 10:42:00 AM

Horrendous. Distressing. Caused unprecedented, violent spat of deep spot eruption. Still dealing with the fallout many days after discontinuing use. Needless to say, extreme caution urged!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I've tried my fair share of acids, and these are definitely my favourite!

These pads definitely helped my skin to resurface and improve texture a lot, as well as seeming to reduce the hyperpigmentation left from old blemishes.

I have quite reactive skin, and whilst I could feel a slight tingling upon application, it went away far quicker than with all other acids I've used, as well as not irritating my skin at all.

The pads themselves are really smooth and gentle, whereas some pads can feel almost scratchy!

The only down side is the price, at £65 for 50 pads... Don't worry though, I have a tip for the cheaper folks among us; cut them in half. I have a rather large face, yet they're still a suitable size, and there's still enough product (use both sides).

All in all, I'll definitely repurchase!