essence Lash Princess Mascara

essence Lash Princess Mascara
Lash Princess Mascara Lash Princess Mascara

3.5

Can’t beat the price. Would not recommend for bottom lashes.

This is a great mascara and at $5, you really can't beat it. I found it to be just the right combo of lengthening/thickening that I prefer. I never had any smudging or flaking issues but also not a struggle to remove at the end of the day. It's a wetter formula when first starting out, so I did have to be careful when applying to not end up with the tiny black dots on my upper eyelids. The tapered wand makes applying in the inner corners easier and I didn't find that the brush got goopy or clumpy.

Definitely a good value and I'll probably repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Just a brilliant all round mascara that Really works well and does exactly what it says it’s gonna do, I’ll always go to this mascara now. And save myself a fortune as it’s only £3.30 from Wilkinson’s in the uk

on 3/26/2019 11:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

WHEW... trying to figure out where the heck to put my review was a tough one! lol Essence has about 50 different mascaras listed on here!

Okay, I have both the Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect mascara with the green writing, AND I have the Essence Lash Princess Volume Mascara with the peachy pink writing. I prefer the Volume Mascara with the peachy pink writing. Both deposit very dark black mascara which I love. However, I think the curved tip of the peachy pink tube helps lift and curl the lashes much better than the straight tip of the green tube. I do get mild flaking by the end of the day and slight smudging, but I haven't found too many cheaper mascaras that don't do that.

The trick with application is to apply one coat and then wait about a minute before applying the next coat. You don't want the mascara to completely dry, but giving a bit of time between coats seems to help building up volume. If you don't wait then the mascara starts to clump on itself or the wand removes some of the mascara you just applied.

My two favorite mascaras are Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara and Chanel Le Volume de Chanel mascara. I don't wear tons of makeup, but one thing I love are bold, dark black, thick, curled, long lashes. I definitely like to play up my eyes with a bold lash look, but I HATE falsies. So, I'm very picky with mascara because I apply LOTS of it everyday. Both of my favorite mascaras are pricey, so I purchased the Essence mascaras looking for a more everyday substitute. I think the Volume Mascara in the peachy pink tube with the curved tip is a pretty good substitute for Chanel Le Volume. The mascara formula and the results are pretty similar, but Chanel's formula is superior because I've never had flaking. However, for the price, I would definitely recommend the Essence mascara and I would definitely purchase again.

on 3/22/2019 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I used the false lash effect version (green) and applied on black eyelashes that are straight and somewhat long/thick.
The volume and thickness gained from this mascara is really good, but I especially appreciate that it holds an upwards curl for hours even though I don't use a curler (and this isn't even the sculpting mascara!)
I don't think the clumping is that bad. I don't comb my lashes out afterwards, just run the wand through to smooth it out and it always comes out fine. This could be problematic if you use a heavy hand.
They do make lashes look very natural and separated, which I like. However, it makes them quite stiff-feeling even though they don't look visibly stiff at all. I noticed this when I tried to do an extra coat after they had dried.
There is the odd flake, but despite the formula not being waterproof, the staying power is excellent (I have greeeasy eyelids and it didn't shift an inch) and it still comes off easily with micellar water.
I'd say it has all the qualities of a great mascara.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Did not like this mascara. It is smudging under the eyes.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wish they made this in brown. It really lengthens my lashes like nothing else, but it smudges like crazy. I love this mascara so much that I bought a waterproof top coat for it by NYX. It was $4.99. When I use it in conjunction with this mascara, it's perfect. Note: it's not a volumizing mascara, but it does give a ton of length.

on 1/9/2019 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

TOP of my list - I’ve tried around 10+ mascaras out in the last year and so far this is my favorite. I have thin, short lashes and most mascaras lengthen but I get no volume normally. This one seems to lengthen and volumize. I love the brush with nylon bristles but I beg them to put a seal around the tube! On the downside, this gets quite thick very shortly after you open it. All in all, this mascara makes my barely there lashes actually look voluminous and you can’t beat the $5 price tag.

on 12/25/2018 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I expected more, given the reviews. My lashes are quite long and thick so I thought I could get them pretty dramatic with this. It's just..ok. nothing stunning. for the price, the volume and length are decent. Did really well on my sensitive eyes, no irritation and not heavy at all. There was some clumping upon application, especially on the ends, but a spoolie removed the clumps fine. It is not buildable in my experience, it just glues and clumps if you attempt extra layers. After about three hours I noticed a very fine black dusting under my eyes (not a lot), and a smudge under my lower lashes. I've seen worse, but since my other mascaras give better volume and length without the smudging, I won't repurchase.

It's not terrible by any means, and it's a bargain, just don't get your hopes up too high.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this mascara. It has kind of a sticky formula, and it clumps up really easily on the brush, leaving lots of gross residue on the rim of the tube. I have to clean it just about every time I use it. If I don't, it gets super nasty. I find using a makeup wipe is the best option for this, but a bit of micellar water on a Q-tip works OK too.

You have to wipe a LOT of product off the brush. It holds way too much mascara. A small amount of product is best. It's easiest to try to gently comb the brush through your lashes instead of really smacking it on. It takes a long time to dry too.

However! When used carefully, it works well for volumizing and lengthening, and holds a curl very well. I probably won't be repurchasing because of how sticky it is and how dirty it can get, though.