Paula's Choice RESIST Perfectly Balanced Foaming Cleanser

Paula's Choice RESIST Perfectly Balanced Foaming Cleanser

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (cleansing agents), Stearic Acid (thickener), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Glycol Distearate (opacifying agent), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (non-fragrant antioxidant plant oil), Sodium Hyaluronate, Ceramide NP, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOP (skin-repairing ingredients), Phytosphingosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Phospholipids, Sphingolipids (skin-repairing ingredients), Lecithin (cell-communicating ingredient), Arginine (amino acid water-binding agent), Cholesterol (skin-repairing ingredient), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (water-binding agent), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate (emulsifier), Cetearyl Alcohol, Acrylates Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer (thickeners), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

on 5/19/2017 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got the complimentary trial size which is a nice travel mini. Mine didn't foam and it had a lotion like feel. I have combination skin, tending towards dry but with an oily T zone. I am prone to milia and hives, but not sensitive to BHA, AHA and retinoids. It didn't irritate and it was reasonably good at taking off some makeup (I do not wear long lasting or waterproof, and I also use a separate makeup remover. For eyes, bliss lid and lash oil free gel which doesn't irritate milia prone skin). I am a fan of Paula's Choice (particularly her BHA 2% liquid. Her 8% AHA and her retinol body cream (which I use on face as per MUA recommendations). But, I cannot see buying even a moderately priced cleanser when there are so many other less expensive options that perform as well or better. (I rotate through a combination of CVS dupe of the Garnier micellar; Cerave hydrating, eucerin hydrating and unscented glycerin liquid soap). When I was younger and had oily skin, I used purpose liquid cleanser. I have not tried this yet in the wintertime when I need more hydration, but will probably reserve it for then. Note: The PC website says this reduces the look of enlarged pores. Uh, no. But I don't think anyone expects it to do so. I will take MUA Eire1's suggestion below of mixing cetaphil with Cerave for a similar feel.

on 4/16/2017 3:04:00 PM

This cleanser is really great. I had originally bought it for myself but received a ton of cleanser for Christmas and so I was using other ones for a while. However, I gave this to my boyfriend to try to get him to take better care of his skin. He had tried other cleansers before but hadn't really enjoyed how they made his skin feel. He loves this cleanser though. I actually miss this a lot and have ordered one for myself. I like it better than my expensive Sephora brand cleansers. It foams but does not dry out your skin and I feel completely clean when I use this (I am never worried about left over makeup).

I definitely would recommend this to anyone, man or woman! Favorite of both me and my boyfriend. If you want 10$, just use this code: https://goo.gl/bdPnHX

This cleanser is pretty nice, but I just don't think it's worth the high price tag. There are so many great drugstore cleansers, and even Paula's Choice skin balancing cleanser performs similarly and is a much better deal. this cleanser has quite the luxurious, creamy feel, and does a great job at removing makeup and not leaving your skin over-dried. I find that I get much better results out of my toner if I start with a PC cleanser. That being said, you really don't need to invest so much in something that isn't left on your face. overall a decent product though!
get 10 bucks off of your order- https://goo.gl/MtP1Iz

on 11/28/2016 12:00:00 PM

I originally decided to try out the Paula's Choice line because my skin is ultra sensitive, and I was having a lot of allergic reactions. Other cleansers were stripping my face. I chose to try the perfectly balanced cleanser because of my dry/combination skin, and I'm absolutely loving it. It's a creamy cleanser, so it doesn't dry out my skin, but cleanses and removes my extra makeup that didn't come off with my micellar water! I'm on my 3rd bottle, and don't see myself changing cleansers any time soon. I also love Paula's Choice referral benefits. It was what encouraged me to make my first purchase. If you're new to PC, use a referral code and save yourself $10 off of a $15 purchase! Enjoy! Here's mine: https://goo.gl/1b4YN5

on 10/18/2016 12:13:00 AM

I just bought my third bottle of this wonderful cleanser. It gently removes all my makeup without stripping my skin. It washes off cleanly and has no scent. I use this product at least twice a day in the morning and evening and it usually takes me less than a full pump to clean my entire face. The only downside for me is the price but they usually have great sales and so I feel like it's a great buy.

on 9/18/2016 9:33:00 AM

i really wanted to like this, but it clogged up my pores something fierce. after about 2 days of using this, my skin was really bumpy and i had a bunch of whiteheads. the only ingredient that i feel might cause this would be the soybean oil. i think this would be more suitable for people with dry, sensitive skin. not so much if you struggle with congested skin. i might try this out again in the dead of winter, since it doesn't strip your skin and does actually make my face feel pretty clean.

packaging is your basic pump bottle. one pump is enough for your whole face. doesn't really foam up that much and has more of a creamy consistency. removes makeup pretty well, but you should probably double cleanse. i don't notice a scent.

on 1/24/2016 1:56:00 AM

I like this cleanser,have purchased it 3X already. It's creamy, feels nice on the skin, and has a luxurious feel. It lathers a little bit and rinses clean, leaving no residue, and my skin does not feel dry or stripped. There is no scent. A small pump cleans my entire face, mascara and all. Even though I like to try new products, I will definitely keep using it.

on 11/16/2015 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

* I had the trial size.
This product was okay for me, but I am not sure if I would buy it again. Because, I did not love it. With that said it is a decent product.
The texture of this product felt almost like a very finely whipped cream.So those with dry skin may be more veered to this, than those with oily skin. If you have acne there are not any recognized occlusive ingredients to cause acne in here,but with any product that is always a risk. This might appeal to acne skin on the label as it says it foams, but when I used it this did not foam. Rather it felt like a moisturizing cleanser that when rubbed with water became more like a water soluble cleanser. This has soothing aloe, and no visible irritants, so it should be okay for sensitive skin.(Jsyk FDA did give an unofficial list of comedogenic ingredients a while back.)
Like most of the products in her line this had many good ingredients including: skin identical ingredients(SII) like cholesterol, and lecithin to help skin feel better. There are also peptides as potential skin communicators. It can make the skin feel better temporarily I guess. Since it gets washed off though, and doesn't get to stay on the face for long it is hard to say. I doubt it will make dry skin worse though, and every bit of SII and moisture can help.
My experience: I have slightly oily skin with occasional breakouts. I did not find it to feel heavy at all, but I would have preferred a more detergent cased cleanser. Like I mentioned before: this did not foam on me, and didn't lather much either. Personally, I found it non-irritating and I liked to use it for my eye makeup. So if you buy it and don't like it for oily skin it makes a decent eye makeup remover. The packaging needs work in my opinion. It has a crew off top with a circular opening, and product tends to get stuck at the bottom, so I had to shake it to get some of the product.
Last of all buying this got to be a little tricky for me. First of all this can be brought in 'The Resist Trial Kit for Wrinkles + breakouts' for $ 39.00. However, each of these offer samples sizes for a total of $3.80 excluding shipping. The sample of this alone cost 0.80
So what do you do? My suggestion is if you are trying this for the first time by the sample alone, or each samples and see if you like them first. Then if you are unsure what you think, but want to give the products more time to see the results try the trial kit. Lastly, if you don't like the cleanser I tried mixing 'cetaphil's oily skins cleanser' with 'CeraVe', and found that to be similar.
I hope I helped!

on 11/11/2015 2:57:00 PM

my favorite cleanser, leaves my skin soft and hydrated. just perfect for me. need very little so it lasts very long.

Love this stuff! Super creamy and lathers up! My face feels soft and clean afterwards. There is no scent. I want to try her other cleansers but this is definitely a good product I will repurchase from them.