NYX HD Blush - Taupe

NYX HD Blush - Taupe

3.4

Can't believe how long I slept on this. This shade is perfect for contouring for pale, neutral-toned skin like mine. After using ABH powder contour palette forever (which is good but nothing extraordinary) and running out of the one shade I could use in it, this is a great substitute. There really aren't many contour palettes that offer more than one shade that's cool-toned enough for my skin so if you're like me, this is a way more economical option. Only thing is I wish it would last a bit longer on the skin but with a good base it shouldn't really be a problem.

Really good contour color for pale girls, looks like a very natural shadow under cheekbones. Originally purchased because of the reviews here, and I'm so glad I took a shot at it. Will definitely repurchase over and over!

on 8/23/2017 11:40:00 AM

My friend gave this to me because she didn't like it. Which is surprising because she's way lighter than me. But I think she likes a warmer contour. I usually use the Catrice contour powder which is a perfect grey-brown shade. I tried this (I use a fluffly angle brush, don't do super detailed/sharp contour during the day, just a more natural one) and I like it. The catrice one is $7 or $8 and comes with a small pan of highlight, which I don't use. This is $7., But I'd much rather repurchase the Catrice one. Maybe because that one is specifically for contour and this is actually a blush. Although i've never seen anyone wear it as a blush and am curious as to what it looks like? This is a cool greyish brown blush and i'll use it up, am glad I got to try it as i've heard people talking about it forever but won't buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I hated this as a contour shade. To be fair, grey contours don't look good with my coloring. Honestly, all the NYX blushes I've tried have been patchy, and blended terribly on my skin. I've tried other NYX blushes, but have returned them because they wouldn't blend.

I bought this, like many others, as a contour shade. i apply it by using an ELF straight & dense contour brush at the beginning of where i want my contour to start (near ears) and then blend it down a bit with that brush, and then take a more fluffy brush over that to blend it more. it's decent, but can sometimes be unforgiving if you put on too much it won't blend out. it's a bit powdery but I see nothing wrong with that, just tap off excess into pan. the color is nice but since it's a blush (not actually a contour shade) it still leans a bit warm, and makes it sometimes just look like I used too much blush. I'm going to try the MakeupGeek contour shade next, since they have undertones considered in their product I'm going to get Break Up for cool porcelain skintones.

on 8/24/2017 9:09:00 PM

Great contour for fair to medium skin tones if you like a really cool tone contour but for me I prefer something a little warmer because my undertone is warm,blends flawlessly and lasts on the skin for a fair amount of time

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've finally found my HG contour color. This is huge, people! I didn't really understand the concept of using a cool toned powder to contour until recently. I was using the bourjous chocolate bar to contour and it looked terrible on me, super orange and muddy. Then I learned that pale girls need a cool toned brown to contour with. My life has never been the same. Now I feel like my contour actually does what it's supposed to and make me look 5 pounds thinner, lol. Great stuff.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm NC 15/20 Asian. 99% of "brown" on the market has too much yellow/orange/red, no matter how light or dark they are. After searching for several decades, I have found 5 products of cool grey brown for people like me. The following is in the order of the cool-ness of the undertone:

(1) NYX Blush "Taupe". It is 'rather-purplish' brown. But, since it was designed to be a "blusher" instead of "contour", it has some red inevitably. I would rather use this for a bronzer.

(2) Sephora blush "Tranquil". THE perfect shading color (no red at all) but poorly pigmented.

(3) Milani Contour & Highlight Duo "Fair/Light". The highlight is shimmery liquid and the dark color is a very creamy crayon. Nice!

(4) Maybelline Master Contour V-shape Duo Stick "Light". I actually like how it is matte without shimmer. However, it is quite drying. I also wish the highlight color and the shadow color were separate crayons so I can buy one without the other.

(5) L'Oreal Infallible Pro Contour & Highlighting Palette "Light/Claire". The colors are nice but poorly pigmented.

on 5/5/2017 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Honestly I regret purchasing this. This shade is very cool toned, as they say, but it's cool in the sense that it's super pink. Like really really strong pink undertone. If I go in heavy handedly, it WILL show up pink on me. I have yellow-olive undertone. My contour is pink. Even if I try to go lightly, it still look kinda bizarre, because of the clashing undertone. If you're Asian with prominent yellow olive undertone (and only look good wearing silver and platinum, that's the most sure fire way to test undertone), don't try this. The formula is annoyingly powdery, the lightest touch will kick up a tonne of powder, and it's the kind of dry powder that clumps together on your finger and blends out patchy on your cheek, especially on textured, dry skin, which I unfortunately also have. It's so annoying to use in every way, I've tried to used it as an eyeshadow, it still shows up really pink. The only "not bad" things about it is the packaging is so cute and it does last well, although looking really patchy. This definitely will not work on darker skin tones. I don't recommend this. If this has failed you, and if you're light skinned Asian like me, I suggest trying out the powder side of the e.l.f eyebrow kit in Light, or the middle shade of the BH COSMETIC Flawless Eyebrow Trio in Medium. Those two both have a nice ashy and slightly yellow undertone that work as super convincing contour for me. I should have just stuck to what I had and not fell into the hype of this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I use this as a contour powder and it looks pretty good. I don't contour often cause I have textured skin and it sometimes doesn't look good.