NYX Professional Makeup HD Blush - Taupe

NYX Professional Makeup HD Blush - Taupe

3.3

on 4/10/2018 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is not a contour shade for any skintone. It's known as a 'contour for fair skintones' but it's straight up gray and looks muddy, ashy and dirty. Blends terribly. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This broke me out terribly. I have never had a single cosmetic item break me out the way that this did. I don't know what it is about it, other powders I've used have had similar ingredients... but holy, this destroyed my skin in a matter of days. If you are acne prone, my advice is to stay away from this. The positives about this product, however: colour is fantastic for fair skin contouring, lasting power is slightly above average, price is fair, packaging is cute... I really do wish I could use it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Nyx is selling these as "refills" for custom palettes, and I got one of these to try as a contour for pale skin. It is nice. It is a grayish rose, and it is sheer. It is great for a shadowy contour look. I don't know that I will use it every day, but I do like it.

I really like the shade of this. I use it for contouring and it doesn’t look ashy on my NC15-20 skin. I have to say that the texture is very powdery and it lasts around 5 hours on my skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Can't believe how long I slept on this. This shade is perfect for contouring for pale, neutral-toned skin like mine. After using ABH powder contour palette forever (which is good but nothing extraordinary) and running out of the one shade I could use in it, this is a great substitute. There really aren't many contour palettes that offer more than one shade that's cool-toned enough for my skin so if you're like me, this is a way more economical option. Only thing is I wish it would last a bit longer on the skin but with a good base it shouldn't really be a problem.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Really good contour color for pale girls, looks like a very natural shadow under cheekbones. Originally purchased because of the reviews here, and I'm so glad I took a shot at it. Will definitely repurchase over and over!

on 8/24/2017 9:09:00 PM

Great contour for fair to medium skin tones if you like a really cool tone contour but for me I prefer something a little warmer because my undertone is warm,blends flawlessly and lasts on the skin for a fair amount of time

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I hated this as a contour shade. To be fair, grey contours don't look good with my coloring. Honestly, all the NYX blushes I've tried have been patchy, and blended terribly on my skin. I've tried other NYX blushes, but have returned them because they wouldn't blend.

on 8/23/2017 11:40:00 AM

My friend gave this to me because she didn't like it. Which is surprising because she's way lighter than me. But I think she likes a warmer contour. I usually use the Catrice contour powder which is a perfect grey-brown shade. I tried this (I use a fluffly angle brush, don't do super detailed/sharp contour during the day, just a more natural one) and I like it. The catrice one is $7 or $8 and comes with a small pan of highlight, which I don't use. This is $7., But I'd much rather repurchase the Catrice one. Maybe because that one is specifically for contour and this is actually a blush. Although i've never seen anyone wear it as a blush and am curious as to what it looks like? This is a cool greyish brown blush and i'll use it up, am glad I got to try it as i've heard people talking about it forever but won't buy again.

I bought this, like many others, as a contour shade. i apply it by using an ELF straight & dense contour brush at the beginning of where i want my contour to start (near ears) and then blend it down a bit with that brush, and then take a more fluffy brush over that to blend it more. it's decent, but can sometimes be unforgiving if you put on too much it won't blend out. it's a bit powdery but I see nothing wrong with that, just tap off excess into pan. the color is nice but since it's a blush (not actually a contour shade) it still leans a bit warm, and makes it sometimes just look like I used too much blush. I'm going to try the MakeupGeek contour shade next, since they have undertones considered in their product I'm going to get Break Up for cool porcelain skintones.