4.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

Update 6/27/2017 After not being able to find this anywhere, I ordered a few bottles on amazon and contacted Garnier customer care. This is indeed discontinued in Canada. Sad days. I'm going to look into the Skinfix SLS free foaming oil cleanser and the unscented LRP SLS free Toleriance cleanser. There is nothing in Garnier's current line up that I'd feel comfortable washing my face with, knowing now what irritates and breaks my skin out. Sad days indeed. Update 03/31/2017 This is HG. Also my bf uses it now too Update: 03/17/2016 One month layer and my skin still is happy with this. I would 100% keep buying and will say it's HG. While I enjoyed the Avene soapless foam cleanser, this beats it hands down in price and as a bonus, it is fragrance free. I got this on a whim after seeing that the ingredients did not contain sulphates, dyes or fragrance, but did contain zinc and a small amount of salicylic acid, which my skin seems to really like. I had been using Avene soapless cleansing foam, which is good, but scented and costs 20 bucks a bottle here in Canada. I got this Garnier cleanser in a basic pump for 7.99 Cdn and figured if it didn't work out, my boyfriend would use it. It's been 2 weeks now and I think I have my new cheap and cheerful HG cleanser. I will be sad if I'm a bit premature in saying that too. The price is really nice. This is a clear gel, kind of slipperly with very little foaming action if used with a sonic brush. It does lather as nicely as a sulphate free cleanser can, and removes a fair amount of my makeup. I either double cleanse with this, or use micellar to remove makeup and then this. It has not irritated my skin, dried it out and has not broken me out. If anything, it seems to slowly be de congesting my pores. My pH test strips show this is about 5.5 ish, which is perfect. I really hope that this continues to work out for me. I'd absolutely recommend to sensitive skinned acne prone folks.

About reviewer (133 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesBrown

4 years ago

My boyfriend and I broke up a few months ago and I left this by accident when I moved out. My skin had been so terrible since then and I couldn't figure out why. I tried all sorts of cleansers (From dollar store basic cleansers to Desert Essence to Amie) and nothing worked. My skin was either breaking out like crazy or flaking off my face. OR both. Bought this on sale for $7.99 CAD (and I find it's often on sale here) and my skin is FINALLY starting to behave again. Seriously, I am in love with this cleanser and I'm going to highlight why below: - Consistency. Even though this is a "gel" it has this smooth cushiony texture that's a delight to rub on your face. Super smooth and gentle with minimal foam. - Scent. This product is fragrance free, and the little scent it has is refreshing and wonderful. Great in the morning or before bed. - Performance. This product has zinc, plant extracts and though it doesn't say on the label, if you look at the ingredients it also has salicylic acid and I believe that helps with the "clarifying" aspect of this cleanser. Though it has these clarifying ingredients it still manages to not be drying at ALL. I don't know how they did it. All in all this is a stellar cleanser for sensitive, dry, combination or even oily skin. The zinc aids with mattifying your skin, but this won't dry it out either. Any skin type will benefit from this cleanser, even above higher end brands. Seriously, give it a try.

About reviewer (174 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

4 years ago

I have sensitive acne prone skin, so I have to be very careful what I wash my face with. I have not had one break-out, or pimple since I started using this 5 weeks ago--it is truly wonderful!!! It really cleanses your skin, but doesn't irritate it. I think the perfume in stuff makes my skin bad- but I have lovely skin since using this---I definitely recommend this stuff--love it!!!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlue

5 years ago

I like this cleanser, it doesn't dry my skin out, I am 50 years old, I have weird skin now since I am pre-menopause, I have normal to dry but mostly dry skin type. i like it. this bottle will last a long time. it does the job well too.

About reviewer (145 reviews)

Age44-55