Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum
T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

Water, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Arctostaphylos Uva-Ursi Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Buddleja Davidii Meristem Cell Culture, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Juice Extract, Opuntia Ficus-Indica (Cactus) Extract, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Seed Oil, Allantoin, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Propanediol, Xanthan Gum, Galactoarabinan, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjustor), Phenoxyethanol.

on 9/11/2018 5:18:00 PM

This is an okay product for my skin. After hearing all the hype about this, I tried this out after I ran out of my regular nightly serum. Before I started using products like this my skin had a lot more texture. I would have constant small white bumps on my forehead and maybe 4 or 5 sporadic zits on my face that ranged from small to large (not cystic). With my normal serum I would get maybe 2 or 3 small to medium zits once in a while, but my skin was basically clear!

When I switched to this product my forehead bumps stayed away, but my sporadic zits that disappeared with my original serum came back. It doesn’t seem to control zits the way other products have and my fine lines seem unaffected from using this daily.

All in all it is an “okay” product for me. It has kept some of my original texture away so lippies for that, but for the price and not performing on my acne and fine lines the way I would expect (and have seen other serums perform), I wouldn’t repurchase for myself.

on 9/6/2018 10:29:00 PM

Pricey but you will definitely see improved results! Apply at night after cleansing. Tingles slightly but only for a couple of seconds. My complexion is so much more even toned and breakouts are almost obselete. Combination of various acids to get fast results. Have used several of "Drunk Elephant" products and have had great results with everything.
Company is cruelty-free and donates to elephant causes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

No, no, NO! I so wanted to like this. Most of the reviews I read on MUA with similar skin as me said they liked it. For starters is pricey at $90. I found a travel/trial/sample size on Amazon for $25. I used it consistently and as directed for about 9 days. Guys, it burned my skin to a point where it was peeling/flaking. Once I stopped applying, the burning/peeling/flaking stoped. Glad I didn't invest $90 on the full size.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a great exfoliant and definitely has made the texture of my skin more even, refined, and even toned. I try to avoid products with fragrance and I appreciate that Drunk Elephant is one of the few skincare brands releasing products that won't aggravate my sensitive skin. I began trying this in December and found it great at preventing flakes and rough skin, faded hyperpigmentation quickly, and liked how easily it absorbed and didn't leave any sticky/tacky residue behind when I followed it with my moisturizer later in my routine. This was also extremely gentle and didn't cause any flushing or stinging. The packaging is also great - sanitary, helps keep the integrity of the product by not exposing it to sunlight, and very sturdy.

The downsides to this, however, are that it didn't seem to have much effect on clogged pores and the price. Despite having 1% BHA, my clogged pores stayed put for the most part and it didn't seem to be doing much in terms of preventing acne. Using it as a spot treatment helped somewhat, but it wasn't a major turn around. With consideration to the very high price tag of $90/1 oz, I think actives are worth spending more on, but this doesn't do enough for me to justify the price point - great, but not amazing results. I will say that despite the small size, this has lasted a long time for me even with daily use. If I repurchase, it will only be during a sale and probably their smaller sample size. I think this product is best for someone who is wanting major improvements in skin texture, but isn't experiencing regular breakouts or clogged pores/blackheads.

on 6/26/2018 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

For me, DE is expensive. With that said, I am using the whole line and love it. I'm 64 with normal/dry skin and my skin has improved and I would recommend these products.
List of improvements Ive seen: even skin-tone, firmness, balance, no dryness and I am using the soaps and gel cleanser. I bought the small soap duo because I wanted to try it and HAVE NOT used soap on my face since I used to strip it with Clinique. Anyway, I know this is not just a review of the glycolic product but since I'm using the whole line I cannot pinpoint one product but this is the best line I've used in many years and I have tried everything. So pleased with the way my skin looks and the ease of using.

I LOVE what this does for my skin. If I start getting break outs, I can thoroughly wash my face and apply this before I go to bed, and everything is good again (usually, anyway) when I wake up. Unfortunately, I can’t really afford it on my teacher’s salary. :(

on 6/2/2018 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I like it. I’d reluctantly repurchase again as although it’s very expensive I’m lucky to have a healthy budget for skincare & beauty products. Surprisingly I had to build up tolerance to this even though I used a fair amount of acids previously. It applies smoothly, doesn’t interfere with my other layered products and exfoliates the skin a treat

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love everything about this serum except the price. I saw benefits from using this every night and the entire bottle lasted 6 months which makes it reasonably priced. The packaging is cute and I love the twist cap but it is hard to tell how much of the serum is left since there’s no clear view of the interior. I paired this with a hydrating oil every night and I wake up to bright, even-toned skin. I have already repurchased and will continue unless I find a cheaper dupe which I may be on the look for after I go through my 2nd bottle.

on 4/22/2018 4:31:00 AM

It's an OK acid serum but I did not see any improvement vs. other cheaper well formulated products on the market (e.g. Paula's Choice 10% AHA resurfacing serum) so I won't be repurchasing it. For me the same applies to the entire Drunk Elephant range, they are OK products (I have tried almost everything in the line) but due to the marketing hype they are ridiculously overpriced and haven't seen any major results that would justify paying hundreds of dollars for them.

I have combination, acne prone skin that's prone to dullness and uneven skin tone. I just tried this Drunk Elephant T.L.C. framboos and my skin is loving it. Its a clear gel type which glides through skin like serum. You'll notice a more supple, baby smooth skin overtime after few nights of use.
Though I love the packaging, the ingredients is nourishing and rejuvenating, but it's quite expensive for a 30 ml bottle. But you get what you pay for.. No unnecessary fillers or additives I think. But there's a dupe for this.. I've used the M2 High Potency skin refinish 20% and the milder variant the M2 Skin refinish 12%.