Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum
T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

3.9

Water, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Arctostaphylos Uva-Ursi Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Buddleja Davidii Meristem Cell Culture, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Juice Extract, Opuntia Ficus-Indica (Cactus) Extract, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Seed Oil, Allantoin, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Propanediol, Xanthan Gum, Galactoarabinan, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjustor), Phenoxyethanol.

on 12/8/2018 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This product works amazingly well for my oily acne prone skin, but it took some patience to see the results. Before using the product, I got a few cystic acne bumps on my cheeks/jaw and my nose had a fair share of visible pores and sabeceous filaments. Acids have not worked for me in the past so I was very cautious when using this product. Indeed, when I first used it I did purge a bit—I got more cystic acne for about 2 weeks, using the product every other day at night. However, I noticed that even though I was getting a few more cystic acne lesions the pores on my nose were less visible after a week. Also, it’s weird to say but my skin where I wasn’t breaking out looked and felt great. I decided to forge on and I’m so glad I did. I slowly ramped up to daily and went through two of the minitubes using one pump every night under my moisturizer. I finally committed to the full size and I haven’t looked back! After the purge, this treatment has DRAMATICALLY reduced my acne. I think I only get maybe 2-3 minor pimples a month and they are nothing like the cystic acne I used to get. The rest of my skin looks wonderful and feels smooth as well. This is a lifesaver for me and totally HG. Pricey but I think it’s totally worth it and a little goes a long way. Also, if you buy the mini that comes with the B-Hydra treatment for $28 it’s not any more expensive than the large size, so getting the smaller one is a great way to avoid plunking down $$$ for the product AND ensures you always have a fresh stash. Try it!!!

on 11/30/2018 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Picked up the cute trial sizes of this and the hydrating gel at Sephora. I usually do better with glycolic acid toners not gels but read good things about Framboos so why not?
I applied it after cleansing my face at night, 1-2 pumps and nothing more. The gel is light and not overly sticky. It definitely treats breakouts, minimized the size and redness of pimples, but did not do much to address older spots. A bit underwhelming.
Overall, it’s a good treatment for active breakouts, but not as effective for past hyperpigmentation. May try the vitamin C treatment next...

on 11/27/2018 5:06:00 PM

Bought the tiny sample set a year ago when I was in the US excitedly, unfortunately something made me break out in multiple cystic acne at the same spot (the scars are still evident a year on).

As a background, I HARDLY get cystic acne, maybe one every 2-3 years, and it goes away in 2 weeks? I also don't really get acne as my skin has reached nirvana due to my consistent skincare routine.

So when I returned home after the US trip to two GINORMOUS cystic acne on my cheek, I thought it was the water. I thought it was the food. The weather. I thought everything. After the first two subsided a little, a third one suddenly appeared in between the two ginormous acne and my cheek looked like it had one giant boil. At that point I went to the dermatologist and was on medication.

A year on, I have recovered from the acne but the scars have been so stubborn (usually scars disappear after 2-4 weeks for me), I went to get laser treatment. The derm said my skin was good but some parts are congested and gave me a fruit enzyme and told me I should use an acid some times.

Went home, used the fruit enzyme and my normal routine. No break outs. Since my skin had no reaction to the new product, I decided to use the one acid product I had, Drunk Elephant Framboos.

Lo and behold... a cystic acne. At the same. Damn. Spot. It can't be a coincidence as both times I've used this product, I get a reaction that I can say I rarely get in my 30+ years of life. Guess this means another trip to the derm for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

So I'm really not one to review items... but I felt like this is one that could use an honest critique! Now don't get me wrong... I absolutely LOVE drunk elephant and pretty much all of their products!! && I do "love" this one! But it is not without its flaws.

I purchased the full size of this and have now used it all the way through. I agree with other reviews when I say that it is a great product and does help achieve the things it claims... However, I also agree with the reviews that state that this product works best when used on its own. I have the vitamin c serum, whipped moisturizer and their oil. As great as the entire line is... this product works best when it's not being used at the same time as their other products. (Or any other skincare products in fact)

That being said though, THERE ARE WAYS TO MAKE IT WORK. I myself have pretty sensitive skin... so what I've found that works best is to always keep my skin/face guessing. So I always alternate days on products that I use and don't keep to any set days to certain products. I've found that this works miracles and allows for all the products that I love to work and live up to their full potential. So for example for skincare routine one night, I'll use this night serum. Then the next I use a different one. The only product I keep the same pretty much every day is the lala retro whipped moisturizer, but even on that there are days I switch it up and use something different. All of that being said, I WILL be repurchasing! Along with repurchasing their vitamin c and moisturizer too! IF YOU LOVE DE but can't afford to keep buying everything in their line... I HIGHLY suggest sticking to their whipped moisturizer, and vitamin c serum above all else. The night serum is a strong 3rd, and the oil/hydra gel I could most definitely live without.

on 9/11/2018 5:18:00 PM

This is an okay product for my skin. After hearing all the hype about this, I tried this out after I ran out of my regular nightly serum. Before I started using products like this my skin had a lot more texture. I would have constant small white bumps on my forehead and maybe 4 or 5 sporadic zits on my face that ranged from small to large (not cystic). With my normal serum I would get maybe 2 or 3 small to medium zits once in a while, but my skin was basically clear!

When I switched to this product my forehead bumps stayed away, but my sporadic zits that disappeared with my original serum came back. It doesn’t seem to control zits the way other products have and my fine lines seem unaffected from using this daily.

All in all it is an “okay” product for me. It has kept some of my original texture away so lippies for that, but for the price and not performing on my acne and fine lines the way I would expect (and have seen other serums perform), I wouldn’t repurchase for myself.

on 9/6/2018 10:29:00 PM

Pricey but you will definitely see improved results! Apply at night after cleansing. Tingles slightly but only for a couple of seconds. My complexion is so much more even toned and breakouts are almost obselete. Combination of various acids to get fast results. Have used several of "Drunk Elephant" products and have had great results with everything.
Company is cruelty-free and donates to elephant causes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

No, no, NO! I so wanted to like this. Most of the reviews I read on MUA with similar skin as me said they liked it. For starters is pricey at $90. I found a travel/trial/sample size on Amazon for $25. I used it consistently and as directed for about 9 days. Guys, it burned my skin to a point where it was peeling/flaking. Once I stopped applying, the burning/peeling/flaking stoped. Glad I didn't invest $90 on the full size.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a great exfoliant and definitely has made the texture of my skin more even, refined, and even toned. I try to avoid products with fragrance and I appreciate that Drunk Elephant is one of the few skincare brands releasing products that won't aggravate my sensitive skin. I began trying this in December and found it great at preventing flakes and rough skin, faded hyperpigmentation quickly, and liked how easily it absorbed and didn't leave any sticky/tacky residue behind when I followed it with my moisturizer later in my routine. This was also extremely gentle and didn't cause any flushing or stinging. The packaging is also great - sanitary, helps keep the integrity of the product by not exposing it to sunlight, and very sturdy.

The downsides to this, however, are that it didn't seem to have much effect on clogged pores and the price. Despite having 1% BHA, my clogged pores stayed put for the most part and it didn't seem to be doing much in terms of preventing acne. Using it as a spot treatment helped somewhat, but it wasn't a major turn around. With consideration to the very high price tag of $90/1 oz, I think actives are worth spending more on, but this doesn't do enough for me to justify the price point - great, but not amazing results. I will say that despite the small size, this has lasted a long time for me even with daily use. If I repurchase, it will only be during a sale and probably their smaller sample size. I think this product is best for someone who is wanting major improvements in skin texture, but isn't experiencing regular breakouts or clogged pores/blackheads.

on 6/26/2018 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

For me, DE is expensive. With that said, I am using the whole line and love it. I'm 64 with normal/dry skin and my skin has improved and I would recommend these products.
List of improvements Ive seen: even skin-tone, firmness, balance, no dryness and I am using the soaps and gel cleanser. I bought the small soap duo because I wanted to try it and HAVE NOT used soap on my face since I used to strip it with Clinique. Anyway, I know this is not just a review of the glycolic product but since I'm using the whole line I cannot pinpoint one product but this is the best line I've used in many years and I have tried everything. So pleased with the way my skin looks and the ease of using.

I LOVE what this does for my skin. If I start getting break outs, I can thoroughly wash my face and apply this before I go to bed, and everything is good again (usually, anyway) when I wake up. Unfortunately, I can’t really afford it on my teacher’s salary. :(