Sacha Cosmetics Buttercup Powder

3.9

on 5/2/2017 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This powder does the job. No big complaints here I do think it works better for WOC than banana powder. I feel like Laura mercier finish powder gives a more flawless finish. But this has been my go to powder for the past couple of months. It's pretty cheap only 20 dollars compared to Laura m.

on 4/11/2017 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I'm going to start off by saying this is NOT the best setting powder in the world. It isn't, BUT it works amazingly well for me.

Being a newbie to makeup I first bought the LA Girl setting powder (you know the blinding white one) and after throwing that away because it was useless I picked up this from my local beauty shop.

The packaging is simple. After purchasing and you unscrew the lid there is a little plastic sticker covering the holes to prevent spillage, however once throwing that away the usual drama occurs with this loose powder if it is not stored upright at all times.

Other than that the colour is perfect for my skintone and it doesn't cause any flashback to occur.

on 4/9/2016 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I'm sorry, I'm gonna hold my hands up and say it - I totally thing this powder is overrated. After dabbling with this powder for almost a year now, I can confirm that it's nice but meh not the best. Rewind back to early 2015, I was coming to the end of using Ben Nye Luxury Powder in Banana, whilst I loved it and had no qualms using it.. I thought why not try something different since I saw countless beauty vloggers raving about Sacha Buttercup, why not delve in and join the hype. I live in the UK and at the the time it was difficult to get a hold of this and I had terrible experience going through purchasing it but I digress. Upon first opening it, it's a great tone for deeper skin - almost like a mixture of Topaz and Banana from Ben Nye, but 'baking' (setting highlighted areas with an excess amount of powder and letting it sit for a number of minutes before dusting it off) with this powder was disastrous. It gave off an ugly yellowy cast basically looking like I had jaundice, and gave me this dusty finish. Very hard to explain.Also, I notice that it's second ingredient is Mica which could play a role on why it's not as matte as the Ben Nye, with that being - it's not the best at oil control and doesn't give me the poreless perfected look I prefer. I find that this works best with certain concealers such as LA Girl Pro HD, Bare Minerals Bareskin Serum Concealer and on some occasions MAC Pro Longwear but on my skin tone, it looks horrible with NARS Creamy concealer. Is this worth the HYPE, NO. That's my honest opinion, when I'm seeing everyone rave about something, I want it to deliver and be the best but it really missed the mark.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I really liked using this powder to set my makeup all over and especially to focus on my highlight under my eyes. I had a long weekend out of town where I wore makeup every day and each time it looked flawless. The yellow tone is perfect for my nc45 skin. Although the packaging doesn't allow it to travel well, I still was able to carefully use it without too much extra fall out.

That being said, setting powders are all about preference, and this very finely milled one works well for me.

on 2/16/2016 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this from one of my local afro wig shop. Got it pretty cheap compared to how much others are paying for it. I loved the fact it was a much finer than the ben nye powder however i didnt like the finish after using the powder. & i prefer my ben nye powder over this.ben nye powder gives a flawless finish where as this one dont 😞

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is one of the most overrated beauty products I ever used. It looka great in youtubers and everyone raves about it but it's not for me. It's a beautiful color and it's supposed to be specifically for women of color. Im A light brown and this powder does nothing for me. When I first use it the powder looks amazing and my skin looks glowy and perfect. After only a few hours the powder separates, looks dry, and starts fading but In a spotty way. It vanishes in a sense and makes my concealer look cakey. The banana powder doesn't look bad after hours. I will NOT be ordering this powder at all again.

on 8/17/2015 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse

I love this powder!!! I'd been using Ben Nye's Banana Powder for under eye highlighting and would notice it would start to look chalky and dry looking after a few hours. The Sacha Cosmetics Buttercup powder is finer than Banana powder and the warmer color is more suitable for everyday wear for my olive toned skin. I'm sure I'll get way more use out this one. UPDATE: The loose powder packaging is NOT GOOD for travel = powder everywhere when I opened it! I had to buy a new jar with a sifter I can close.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really like this product and I prefer it over Ben Nye's Banana powder. The packaging makes it really easy to use, it's not as yellow as the banana powder and I think it photographs well. I actually ordered mine from a seller on eBay which I'm glad I did because I have seen horrible reviews on how slow and their shipping is.

on 9/24/2015 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is BY FAR the best setting powder I have ever used. It's amazing for women of colour, especially. It is very light and only a little is needed. I love to set my highlight with this powder and it leaves me looking airbrushed and flawless and it doesnt chalk up at all throughout the day. You dont look ashy or with a white cast while using this and I cant rave enough about it. Its a definite recommendation. You won't regret it.

on 12/8/2015 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!! SO UNPROFESSIONAL! It took several unreturned phone calls and emails for them to send me a tracking number. I ordered from them on Nobevember 27th and they sent me my tracking number on December 7th. They totally ignored my concerns. If that was the case I could've ordered Ben Nyes Bananna Poweder and I would've been A OK!