MAC Satin - Coquette

MAC Satin - Coquette
image 1image 2image 3

4.7

So far I've only used this product on my face😍..... I went into Mac in London st Pancras and was after groundwork originally. The girl who served me was so lovely and she suggested to try this instead because of the tone but double up with harmony blush. Wow it's the right tone just to make me have that "shadow" without looking dirty. Am yet to try on my eyes but will be doing soon.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Why didn't I discover this eyeshadow a lot sooner? It's the perfect taupey/grey brown for my brows as I attempt to grow them out. I use my MAC #226 angle brush with this shadow to fill in the first part of my brows and then I use Bobbi Brown's Slate eyeshadow to fill in the other half.
After I fill in my brows, I'll use a brow mascara to add fullness and more colour and the results is nice, full brows that don't look over the top.

Previously, I was using my BB brow brush (the original one from the 1990's) and BB Slate e/s to fill in my brows and the look was a bit too much with brow mascara.
I think Coquette would make a great crease colour too although I haven't used it as a shadow. If you've got dark brows, Coquette is worth trying.

To Read all 114 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/19/2015 1:16:00 AM

OMG!! I love it. Not only great as an eyebrow powder but for eyeshadow as well.

It looks so natural on my nc20-25 skin.

It took me a while to actually purchase it coz it's quite expensive here and it looks ordinary in the pan but I am glad I bought it. Great investment, imo.

on 6/25/2015 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The best, THE BEST colour for my mid-brown, ashy brows. Its colour verges on olive, but strangely, it works. It lends a striking but natural allure and "wakes" my whole face up, if that makes any sense. The search is over.

on 5/14/2014 2:09:00 PM

What an awesome satin color to keep in your pallet for just about any use except the browbone. I actually saw this color in a you tube tutorial and decided to get it. This Kakhi green/brown color works on the lid for crease work, 1 shadow look smudging on lower lash line just about anywhere you want a subtle look but not nude. It also blends with just about any other shadow color. I can see this being a bit muddy on some skin tones but I think for most all it will be one of those colors to keep reaching for when you need just that something extra. I suggest get a Z pallet and if you can buy the refill pans you'll save money in the long run. I know you can recycle the emptys but for the MAC shadows that's my preference.

C3 AAB black hair with very sparse brows I mean they are going bald to the point that I was considering permanent makeup for a minute. Luckily I like my brows on the thin side, but this is not from over-plucking bc I am missing hairs in weird areas which have never been tweezed. I have a good many hairs that you can see have some minute growth and then have just stopped right there, in its little stubby state. Ive recently lost a couple of the formerly long ones and became very concerned.

I have been using Coquette for many yrs to fill in my brows after reading a review long ago which mentioned that it was an exact color dupe for Lancome sable eyebrow pencil which I used for yrs as well (but that record has been beat 2x over by coquette). As stated by others, the is the Perfect shade for those with black hair. Brush on lightly with an angled eyebrow brush. The pigmentation is just right and very natural. Adds just enough for a more natural look. If this is the only thing you are using to fill in your brows, try topping them with Mac Brow Set in Beguile. I think youll be pleased. I am loving the combination.

Ive actually never tried this as an eyeshadow for eye looks, but will have to.

This is a gorgeous color. The reviews pretty much say it all. I sometimes don't like to fuss with multiple colors, and this is perfect to just dust on the lid and crease for a neutral but noticeable hint of color and a bit of a smoky look. To me...it looks more like a khaki/cool brown as opposed to a taupe, but it really isn't an issue. It's a perfect neutral color. What I found interesting is that when I use it alone as a lid/crease color, it makes my green eyes really pop. Usually it takes something cool- like pink or purple for that to happen, but some aspect of this color really works with green eyes. I'll be using it a lot.

on 3/27/2014 11:17:00 PM

This is my absolute favorite crease color. It works with nearly every base color, and I find myself reaching for it more than any other. Very neutral and soft. After reading other reviews I'm going to try it on my brows, too.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have finally found it -- the perfect eyebrow shade for my black brows! I must have tried up to a 100 products by this point, but I was always searching for The One. My quest led to me brow pencils, brow powders, and brow gels/creams, but nothing looks as natural, lasts as long, AND is as easy to apply as MAC's eyeshadow in Coquette. The color is wonderful darkened taupe-brown shade. For those with black hair, it's important to go lighter with your brow product because you don't want harsh black eyebrows. I find that most dark brown shades are still too dark or have a unnatural red undertone to them, so I look for taupe or ash brown colors.

To apply Coquette, I simply dip my EcoTools Angled Brush into the pot and sweep it into my brows in small strokes for instant brow definition and color. I love how it lasts all day until I take off my makeup at night. I find that brow powders don't produce a super bold eyebrow like pencils and brow gels/creams can unless you really pack on the color, which makes this a great fool-proof product for an everyday look.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I don't know why I ever swapped for this shade since I never wear browns/neutrals on my eyes. But since I dyed my blonde hair brown, and have light blonde brows, I decided to give shadows a try in place of brow crayons.
This works really well for me with a slanted brush. The only problem is my makeup bag fell on the floor and the shadow broke, so now I am left with a huge chunk missing. That will shorten its time I use it, and have to replace it faster than I normally would have :(