Clinique Cola Pop Cheek Pop

No Image

4.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It's been a while since my last review, but my love for this blush inspired me to get back on here. This was literally love at first swipe and has been my favorite blush since. My previous love was Tarte Exposed, but after a while I noticed it just wasn't enough. I wanted something more pigmented, with longer wear time, and a natural (less powdery) finish. Cola Pop checked fulfilled all that and more.

I have warm medium Asian skin that is oily, acne-prone, and dehydrated. I've had issues with blush not showing up enough, going on patchy, fading too quickly, and/or causing breakouts, but with Cola Pop, I have not had any of these issues. For me, the success of this product lies in the combination of the pigmentation and texture of the product which produces a very natural finish on the skin which does not look powdery and lasts all day with minimal fading. Because it is so pigmented, the key is to apply with a very light hand, slightly build up if needed, and you won't get a cakey/powdery finish. The color looks a bit scary in the pan, but on my skin tone I think it looks like naturally flushed skin when applied carefully and lightly (if other people think I look like a clown, they haven't told me).

on 12/8/2015 3:22:00 PM

i love this blush, i haven't touched another blush since i got it.

Its so perfect for fall/winter. the color looks so intense in the pan. Its a warm reddish/berry that has beautiful luminous finish.

Since this is a "hard" blush (texture wise), i prefer to apply with my ELF studio angle blush brush. Its dense so it picks up alot of product, i use a light hand and apply to the apple of my cheeks and blend to infinity and beyond.

I apply my makeup around 5:30 AM and don't get home until around 6:30PM and it stays on all day on my normal/combo skin. (i do use primer/foundation/setting powder before i apply my blush)

This is my second blush from this line, (Nude Pop was my summer lover) and i'm really lemming Fig & Pansy pop!

on 5/8/2015 9:29:00 PM

I just think these blushes are adorable. I bought the nude pop first and returned it because it read more like a contour/KA sculpting powder. I then got the Cola Pop. I am in love! The color is a little intimidating: It is a darkish/cherry color. I have yellow under tones and fairly pale skin. The blush can be a bit overwhelming if used with a heavy hand. BUT. It lasts on my dry skin all day, and it just creates a beautiful, believable radiance that looks like flushed cheeks.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I picked this blush out for a birthday present after seeing pretty swatches of it online. It looks very dark in the pan but once applied sheers out a little, leaving a wash of color which resembles a natural flush on my cool-toned, light olive skin. The Clinique saleslady who helped me also was wearing Cola, and it looked very beautiful on her darker complexion as well. So this is a color which applies beautifully on a range of skin tones. I have sensitive skin so I appreciate the fact that the Cheek Pop line is unscented and free of irritants.

on 4/25/2015 8:05:00 AM

When I saw this color in the pan, I thought, "There's no way that I could pull that off!" It looks like a dark brown with a hint of pink--sort of, well, like cherry cola. The name is a great descriptor of the color in the pan. I saw some online reviews (and folks on MUA) RAVE about this, so I decided to take my chances and try it.

Once I applied it, I saw what why this was getting such fantastic reviews! It goes on as a warmish pink (on my NW15 skin) and looks very natural. It's not quite coral, and it's not quite pink--it's somewhere in between. The color is buildable--using a skunk or blush brush, I can build it up to the intensity that I want. I would never have guessed how flattering this would be just looking at it in the pan. What a pleasant surprise!

The reason I can't bring myself to give this 5 lippies is because although it's gorgeous, it just doesn't last more than a couple of hours. My skin is on the oily side, so maybe that has something to do with it (and I wouldn't blame that on Clinique), but other blushes (BB, MAC) tend to last about 4-5 hours with no problem. I've also said in other reviews that I'm not crazy about the plastic packaging itself--and I stand by that here. It's cute that the blush is pressed into a flower shape, but the clear plastic just seems... I dunno... tacky.

All in all, though, this is a very pretty blush that would flatter most skin tones. Those of you with fair skin, don't be afraid of this because of the color in the pan! It's lovely!