essence Make Me Brow

essence Make Me Brow
Make Me BrowMake Me Brow

4.3

01 blondy brows:AQUA (WATER), ALCOHOL DENAT., VP/VA COPOLYMER, GLYCERIN, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, NYLON-6, DISODIUM EDTA, GALACTOARABINAN, TROPOLONE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, MICA, SILICA, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE). 02 Browny Brows:AQUA (WATER), ALCOHOL DENAT., VP/VA COPOLYMER, GLYCERIN, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, NYLON-6, DISODIUM EDTA, GALACTOARABINAN, TROPOLONE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, MICA, SILICA, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE). 03 soft browny brows:AQUA (WATER), ALCOHOL DENAT., VP/VA COPOLYMER, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, GLYCERIN, TROPOLONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, NYLON-6, GALACTOARABINAN, DISODIUM EDTA, SILICA, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE). SOURCE: http://www.essence.eu/products/eyes/eyebrows/e/product/make-me-brow-eyebrow-gel-mascara-01/

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Terrible. Unfortunately I'm of the minority who did not like this product. I was impressed by several Essence products lately (their brushes and powders oh wow), so I thought I'd try their brow gel, and I've been using it every other day for about 3-4 months now. It does neaten my brow hairs when first applied in term of flyaways, but it does not have any hold whatsoever. My brow hairs droop before I even finish doing my makeup. So basically it has a holding power of 3 minutes. I usually fill in my brows lightly with a pomade, then finish off with a brow gel, but on my casual days like when I just need to pop to the grocery store, I use a brow gel by itself and it provides enough 'filling in' to look decent. However, this does nothing when used on its own, does no filling in whatsoever.

Basically, my brows look exactly the same before and after using this brow gel.

It also goes on patchy, the outcome is incredibly unpredictable because there's an equal chance of getting neat brows or a giant smudge that makes you look like a child played with your brow gel. I feel like this is due to the wand, it seems like it picks up the product unevenly, so therefore the application is also uneven. It can be remedied by gently wiping the wand on a tissue before using it but that is such a waste of product.

It was cheap, so not a huge loss. Definitely not repurchasing or recommending.

on 10/23/2018 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is so great. I've never tried a brow gel before so I really had no expectations I bought soft brown and regular brown bc my hair is light brown but Demi permanent dyed darker. So it will wash out and I also don't like my eye brows really dark. The soft brown one is amazing it matches my light ash brown hair perfectly. The darker one is great for darker hair colors too though. It looks harsh on me when my hair is it's natural color so if your hair is light to medium brown I would get the soft brown. It stays all day and holds my lashes in place. The price is unbeatable and I have no complaints so I can't see myself shopping to find anything else. I'm enjoying this more than pencil it looks more natural!

on 10/19/2018 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was looking for a new brow gel and with the cheap price of $2.99 for a tube how could I not try it?! The tube is small and comes with a very tiny applicator which will definitely get all of the tiniest brow hairs! It does take a little time to dry, especially if you add more than one layer (which I do not find to be necessary generally). They keep my brows in place all day without budging. They also work well at keeping color since I use brownie brows, which is darker than my natural color. I will absolutely be repurchasing this product when I need a new tube!

on 9/14/2018 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an GREAT product, especially for the price. It really thickens my brows and stays in place all day. No issues with the darkest shade (I have black hair naturally) and it never looks clumpy. I use this with the NYX Brow Primer and my brows look exactly the same ALL DAY, brushed up and bushy (and i dont have a lot of brow hair). I know a brow primer can sound a little over the top but it has made such a huge difference. Would recommend this on it's own, but would also recommend pairing it with a brow primer as well.

on 9/7/2018 8:43:00 AM

Good product, does exactly what you expect, and saves me a fortune compared to the Gimme Brow+.

Adds just enough colour and hold to my brows, I can happily skip brow pencil on the days that I am wearing this and lighter makeup.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this brow product. I already have good brows but I have to fill in sometimes with a pencil since I shaved some spots bald and have to wait for them to grow back. It’s travel friendly.

Wow, love this brow gel! I use the browny brows and blondy brows colors--both fade into my dark/ash brown brows nicely. The container is compact and easy to travel with, and the consistency of the gel is really nice--more like a cream that puts your brows in place, then sets and doesn't budge! I find it adds just a little bit of color and is easy to blend. The price is awesome--I paid something like $3 or $4 and the product lasts quite a while. I pair this with a brow pencil to fill things in and set my brows and everything stays put until I take it off at the end of the day. Will definitely continue to use this and get more when it runs out, I just wish it was easier to find--Essence doesn't seem to be a standard drugstore brand so I've only been finding this at Fred Meyer.

on 8/25/2018 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is just okay - not great, not horrible. I won't repurchase.

Pros:
- Cheap.
- Easy to find.
- The blonde shade is a good neutral to ashy shade.
- The packaging is nice. I like the tiny wand. It really grabs the brows and doesn't distribute too much product.
- Light, but buildable color.

Cons:
- It has fibers intended to plump up brows. However, at times it can make my brows look flaky as if I have little pieces of dirt in my brows, even after combing.
- There is no hold. This may be okay for some, but I like a product to keep brows brushed up and in place.

on 8/23/2018 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I never really wear brow products, but I wanted to try out a gel brow mascara since they seem a bit less fussy than applying brow powder. I purchased the shade 02 Browny Brows because I have dark brown hair and eyebrows, and it was almost a perfect match. I don't wear it on a daily basis, but I find that it works really well for days when I want to be a little more put-together, and to have my brows stay in place. If you use brow products everyday, you might find yourself going through this quickly because it's a small tube, but they recommend throwing it out after 6 months anyway so I don't know if that's really a big deal. I haven't tried any other gel brow products so I can't really compare it to anything, but for the price (CAD$3.99) I would definitely purchase it again.

on 8/4/2018 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

this product does almost nothing to my brows. it barely holds them in place and basically just makes my hairs a fraction of a centimeter longer. which i guess would be good if i had short brow hairs, but i dont lol. i trim mine and i dont really need to restore length to them using a product.

i have very sparse, uneven, dark brows, so maybe mine just arent the type meant to benefit from a product like this. i was hoping i would be the target audience in fact since mine are so pathetic without product - i'm always looking for good brow stuff - but i don't think i am. i dunno. it wasn't expensive, and the packaging is nice, but it feels like a wasted step in my routine most days.

Popular Brows Products