Cover FX BB Gel Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment

No Image

3.2

When squeezing this out of the tube it looks sooo orange. And even when applying I get a little scared I will look like a oompa loompa but it surprising blends out much lighter. NIce coverage but I will not repurchase because of the gel texture. Just not crazy about that sticky feeling on my skin.

on 9/23/2016 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Cover fx used to make a CC cream that was my HG but discontinued it, so I decided to give this a try since I have super oily acne prone skin (The reason why I never tried this one is because it doesn't have an SPF). Like a previous review has mentioned, this is a weird BB cream and the "gel" title is misleading- It's very liquidy and looks way darker than the actual shade, but it turns a lot lighter as you blend it in. two pea dollops buffed in circular motions gives me a light medium satin finish that surprisingly lasts most of the day and somewhat helps to control my oil, despite the thin texture. I do like the travel friendly plastic squeeze tube bottle with a screw on cap. Cant really tell about the acne clearing properties since I'm using other products but I'm half way through my bottle and it has not broken me out yet. Im around a NC35-40, and use the golden medium deep which runs a little light. The only thing that I don't like about this product is that it has a smell that reminds me of some sort of house cleaner, but it does dissipate quickly. I purchased mine on sephora for $45, and if you're thinking about trying this, I would grab one soon as it seems like they're also discontinuing this product since stock always seems low.

on 8/15/2016 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love this for when I'm having breakouts or redness that needs to be covered it feels light and evens out skin nicely, natural looking in daylight. I've worn this too they gym and never had wk issue with breakouts. This is a light to medium coverage and feels light on skin.

on 3/17/2016 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I was really looking forward to trying this product as I have used a Cover Fx Bronzer in the past and loved it. I was looking to get away from using heavy foundation and start using something lighter in preparation of the warmer season. I was really disappointed with this product. It does not go on smooth, it is not blend-able or build-able. I tried using different methods in application such as my hands, a sponge, beauty blender and a brush, nothing worked. It actually makes your skin look very flakey and dry. I would not recommend this product to anyone. I had really high hopes for this product but regret my purchase.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted this BB Gel for so long! I finally got it for my birthday. But I was really disappointed when I used it. I have a warm south asian skintone and golden - medium deep was too light for my skintone, and i have a feeling deep would've been too dark.

Anyways, the thing that disappointed me was that cakeyness of this product. I applied it a couple times with my hands, and other times with a beauty blender. I have oily/acne prone skin, and this product kinda just sat on my skin. It looked fine with indoor lighting, but when i walked outside you could tell. And if you have ANY dry areas on your face, it will accentuate that. I didn't give it one star because it didn't aggravate my acne-prone skin, and it did mattify. But for application to look this bad and the price to be so high... def not worth at all. You could probably get a better drug store bb cream. Don't waste your money on this.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

What a lovely BB Cream! I was a little intimidated by the colour, the first shade in the "P' range looked a little dark, but it lightens up as soon as you apply. I find the best way to apply this is with my fingers, even though I'm an avid Beauty Blender user.

It doesn't offer full coverage, but it covers up my slight redness and uneven skintone, I would say that it's light coverage but buildable to medium. I like putting it on my fingers, rubbing that together, and then first targeting my problem areas and adding more product as needed. It's not a problem that it's light coverage, it's hard to explain but when you put it on it evens everything out without adding any sort of cakiness, it looks so natural on the skin.

The price is a little steep, but once you figure out how much you need, my bottle has lasted me a long time. I just can't get over how natural it looks. As for the anti blemish claim, my skin is not very blemish prone, but as for covering up blemishes, it really cancels out any redness and covers my pimples well. I would definitely recommend this product, so easy to use and looks great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

This is a great product for someone with skin problems. It has really great buildable coverage and my skin has actually improved from use over two weeks. I put powder over it and I apply it with a brush. It's definitely a product for people with oily skin because it is very matte.

I like this product a lot but only in the middle of the summer for when my skin is oily and sweaty. The weather is cooling off right now and I use other acne treatments and retin-a, so it is harder to blend right now and seems to accentuate any fine lines, but if you are VERY oily and at your wit's end trying to find something to mattify and minimize pores and you keep skin exfoliated and well prepped for foundation, this might work for you. I got N Light and it goes on much lighter than it looks like it will. Fingers seem to work well to blend it. I think the buffing brushes seem to lift up any dry skin and look like I have face dandruff. Beauty blender didn't work that well either.

I'm actually back to using Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in Nude for fall. I like this product and it gives a nice glow. A couple tiny pea sized drops here and there with some Nars Radiant concealer (in Vanilla for reference) on blemishes and I'm good to go. For additional reference I also use MUFE F&B in 20 and used the first formula of their HD foundation in 117 (though, I'm not sure it was my best match).

I can't speak to the treatment claims, as I already use other treatment products, but it does not seem to clog my skin. I think it's a good product, but I can deal with a little shine in foundations or tinted moisturizers if it doesn't accentuate every dry fleck of skin.

on 9/28/2015 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I did not like this product at all. I was matched at Sephora and the color was way too light. This made my skin look really dry, flaky and did not cover anything. The girl at Sephora told me this was full coverage and on me this product is sheer, 100% sheer, but somehow left a white cast on my skin. Very liquid, but dries fast. There was not one thing I liked about this product and I have never had that happen in my 25 years of wearing a full face of makeup.

This is my holy grail foundation. It is amazing! I bought it at Sephora for $45. It is a 1oz tube bottle with a plastic screw-off cap. To apply, I squeeze out a dollop onto my hand and use the Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush (No. 04) to buff it in in small circles. The brush and foundation together apply so perfectly, a nice matte medium coverage with no streaks. Its not just the brush though; I tried the brush with some CoverGirl UltraSmooth, and it didnt apply nearly as nicely. This foundation is just awesome.

It says its a BB gel that is designed to mattify skin and treat acne. It contains 1% salicylic acid, the exfoliant known to help with acne. It comes in 10 colors (Im N Medium). I find that it look a little shiny when I first apply, but quickly dries down to a flat, smooth, perfected surface. It covers my acne really well, but it does leave my skin looking a little all-one-color and flat. Once I contour with my Hourglass Ambient Light Palette, it looks flawless, healthy, and defined.

Ive almost finished my first bottle and I will definitely be repurchasing. I almost never repurchase a foundation, but this one is great.