3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

I have had a preference lately for more natural colored lipsticks, and I never expected 03 Cola Pop to look natural. It is a reddish-brown with a matte finish. It seems so dark in the tube. It is the exact color of my lips, if applied ever so slightly to the rim and blended inward with a brush, it looks amazing. I have applied it fully, and it is definitely a statement, but very nice. The bullet is a little silly looking, and I often loose it because of how small it is. With the amount I need, this is going to last forever. It's become my favorite. The longevity could be better. Love the fresh, light clean fragrance of Clinique products.

About reviewer (236 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

5 months ago

I purchased this in Cherry Pop. This lipstick has been such a disappointment to me.  It was the first mid-end lipstick I bought and it has beautiful packaging (Johnathon Adler).  It's a lovely deep, rich, glossy cool red.  And it has terrible adhesion - thins out over mid-lip- and it feathers and smears.  You know...I have a lot of ds lipstick that doesn't feather, you'd think for the clients Clinique serves and the price charged, they could make a non-feathering lipstick.  Sigh.  Anyway, I am loathe to destash this because of the lovely packaging.  So, if I rub the bullet on my finger some of the oil gets sucked off, then I can dab/blot/rub the pigment into my lips for a cherry popsicle stain look.  But...never again Clinique lip pops.  Never again.

About reviewer (278 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

a year ago

I purchased this in the colour 'Love Pop' and it is very pretty. I would describe it as a medium plummy pink with a subtle frost. The formula is creamy and the shape of the actual lipstick makes for a steady, precise application. This does't turn any weird colours on me like some lipsticks do and stays true to the application colour even after several hours. I also find this lipstick makes my lips look slightly fuller which I think is due to the subtle frost in this particular colour.

About reviewer (359 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Other, Fine

EyesBlue

a year ago

I'm NC20 with pale lips. I have the following shades: Nude Pop 01, Bare Pop 02, Blush pop 23, Blushing pop 01 (matte). None of these lipsticks have a scent. The first 3 shades are more sheer and glossy looking and not long lasting. The last (blushing pop) is matte but not drying at all. All of them are great if you have dry lips, especially the first 3 shades. - Nude Pop: Is a warm toned light pink shade with shimmer. It's a nude shade but not so light that it will wash you out if you are near to my skintone. For example Blankety, Angel by MAC are too nude for me. - Bare Pop: neutral sheer pink with a hint of mauve and it has shimmer. Gorgeous for everyday and goes with everything. My favourite , highly recommended! - Blush Pop: warm brownish pink. It's like the glossy version of Blushing pop. It has more colour than the previous 2 shades but it's extremely naturally looking and you will love it if you like your lipsticks to have a hint of brown. Love it! - Blushing Pop matte but extremely comfortable on the lips. Even more comfortable than Milani and Charlotte Tilbury matte lipsticks. It's a close dupe to my holy grail pilowtalk but it's a bit more on the brown side whereas Velvet Teddy is slightly peachier than Pilowtalk. Blushing pop is a warm brownish pink, Pillow talk is more neutral. Overall I like all the lipsticks I chose from this line especially for their formula and wearable colours.

About reviewer (89 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlack

2 years ago

Usually I don't like Clinique lipsticks. They smell rancid to me and the color is uneven on my lips. But I recently got a #14 Plum Pop with a Marimekko gift bag and absolutely love it! It doesn't look like a plum color either in the tube or on my lips. Instead, it's a gorgeous, highly pigmented bright pink that's perfect. I usually wear nude lip colors, but this is a really wonderful, not too vibrant color that I get compliments on all the time (including my daughters, who are pretty stingy with compliments about my makeup). It wears for a few hours before needing reapplication and is not a drying formula, either, which is a bonus.

About reviewer (231 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

These lipsticks have nice packaging, but are too drying for my chronically dry lips. They work best with a good lip balm underneath for me. The colors are simple and smooth, but I prefer Clinique's more blended colors.

About reviewer (731 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

I have a cute little mini of 01 Blushing Pop that I chose because I thought it would have just enough pink to not pull muddy against my yellow undertoned NC10 skin. Unfortunately this has very little pink and reads straight terracotta on me. In addition to the ugly color, the formula just looks so corpse-like. I am not fan of the matte lippie trend since the formulas all tend to exaggerate my perpetually chapped lip flakes. I much prefer glossy stain formulas which stay put but don't hurt my lips or make me look dead. The only good thing I can say about it is that it is very pigmented and applies smoothly. I can't speak to wear time since I wiped it off immediately after applying it. Thankfully I got this free, it will be going in the recycling bin.

About reviewer (504 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

2 years ago

*Throws confetti* I finally found my perfect MLBB shade in a brand I never purchased before this year (Clinique). Cute Pop is a matte, medium toned, muted mauve that I'm reaching for more and more often over my other favorite lippies. The color wears quite well for a traditional lipstick, although I do freshen it up after eating. Also, it's not drying on the lips, but stays put even without lip liner. The "primer" supposedly built into this product shouldn't be taken too literally, as it's not the 12-hours-of-perfection type of lipstick. But the application is smooth and pigmented - one swipe does the trick - and the color was made for me (NC 20, green eyes, ash blonde hair). I think they could have come up with a better name for it; "cute" to me sounds like a super girly pink (which I already have, lol). But Cute Pop (on me anyway) is a fairly sophisticated shade that adds just the right amount of color to avoid a washed-out look. I also have Cola Pop (dark reddish berry) and Berry Pop (medium-dark plummy berry), and they get plenty of use also. The packaging is square, so no rolling off the counter. I really like this product and suggest giving it a try next time you're swatching lipsticks. You might just love Cute Pop as much as I do.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3.0

2 years ago

Overpriced. I generally think spending too much money on lipsticks doesn't worth it but I understand sometimes it gets difficult to find the right shade with right texture. I just don't think this was it. The texture isn't bad but not one of the best ones either. It's a bit on the dry side compare to other lipsticks I use. I have Alix Avien ShinePlus lipsticks that are so much cheaper and their texture is better for example. The color is lovely, I have mine in Sweet Pop color but pretty much every shade I've tried from this line exists in other, cheaper brands like L'Oreal or Maybelline and others. It's not a bad lipstick, the color stays for hours. I just don't think it's worth the price. When Clinique has a promotion like when you buy another product from them this comes for free, it might encourage me to buy that product. But I wouldn't purchase the lipstick alone with this price.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

from

3 years ago

I have this lipstick in the color plum pop. This is an unusual color for me with my warm complexion, but I really like it! I pair this with natural brown eyeshadows and a neutral blush. I feel like a youth when wearing this and feel so fresh! Use this mostly in the winter when my skin is pale, almost white. Will def buy again when of this runs out/gets lost:)

About reviewer (180 reviews)

Age25-29