Nexxus Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor

Nexxus Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor

4.5

Water (Aqua, Eau), Collagen Amino Acids, Polyacrylamidomethylpropane Sulfonic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Gelatin, Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I wish I could use this every week. It's hard to find and quite expensive. The packaging recently changed and perhaps the ingredients

on 10/28/2015 12:56:00 AM

I used this faithfully for about 5 years when it was a 2 oz. bottle for around $18. It was a little difficult to gauge how much I was supposed to use, but it seemed to help counteract some of the damage my daily flat ironing was undoubtedly causing.

Now, it is packaged in 4 tubes for $23. The instructions are to use an entire tube once a week (versus coat the hair every 2 weeks) and leave on for up to 5 minutes (versus the previous version's 2 minutes). It has the same color and the same slippery, odd texture, but it is somehow. . .different. It doesn't work anymore. At all. I get out of the shower after using it, and my hair is not soft--it's tangly and just as dry and frizzy as it was before.

To Read all 283 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/28/2015 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I spent almost $50 on this to have it shipped to Canada. I wanted to try it that bad based on reviews. It's decent. Not what I was expecting for the price - I wanted something a little more powerful, but it does make hair bouncier and healthier feeling. It doesn't add any considerable shine or silkiness though. Just a healthy bounce and feel, which is nice, but not quite enough for the price. I will not purchase again for the price. I'm positive there's cheaper ones that can do more.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

A little overview of why my hair isn't gummy and stretchy anymore..

About 3 months ago after a salon disaster, and a stubborn attempt to go from jet blue/black hair to blonde in 1 day, I bleached my hair about 3 times, staying up all night long to fix the salon's screw up. DO NOT EVER ATTEMPT THIS AT HOME!!! I completely ruined my strong, beautiful hair. Not only did I fry it beyond repair, but I had a complete chemical melt down of my hair with tons of damage. I was not able to brush it, blowdry it, straighten it, or curl it for weeks! I was at a total loss. The whole entire top layer of my hair had broken off about 8 inches, so now it looks like I have layers.

Let me tell you why I have semi-healthy hair today, 3 months later.. Nexxus emerencee, bed head dumb blonde protein shampoo, Apohogee keratin spray and macademia leave in conditioner. All of these wonderful products combined have brought so much nutrients, and protein back to my broken, fried hair. I no longer put so much heat on my hair, I wear my hair up as much as possible, I shampoo every 3-4 days, I use a good leave-in protein spray, and I don't brush it. If you have found yourself in the same situation, please try this and don't put heat on your hair as much as you can help it. This stuff is a life saver, and will help your hair so much!!

Best stuff ever to put protein back into your hair (short of a sticky, smelly Aphogee 2-step protein treatment, which is great).

They recently started selling these in mini-tubes, which are probably costlier but are very convenient.

Nexxus Polymedic Emergency Reconstructor is also wonderful ... an online seller accidentally sent me that instead of the Emergencee I'd ordered once, and it worked as well or better. (Emergencee has been around a long time, the Polymedic is newer.)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Wow is all I can say! But I guess I should say more since I'm writing a review. Well, this stuff brought my dull, brittle, straw like dark brown hair back to life. It feels softer, silkier and stronger. I have paid thousands and thousands of dollars for treatments, styling products and conditioners only to be disappointed over and over. Even the highly (over)rated Kerastasse products did nothing in terms of smoothing and silkening my hair. I should say the packaging of Emergencee has changed. I had used the product many years ago when it came in a single bottle. And thinking back loved it back then too. Not sure why I stopped buying it, maybe because of the thousands of hair products out there enticing me to try them with hopes that I could possibly achieve even better results. Nothing has compared to Emergencee. Anyways, the new package comes in tubes of 4 and you're supposed to use one tube a week. Though I think people with short hair could stretch one tube into two weeks of application. So the whole thing lasts for 1 month, if you use one tube per week as instructed, and cost me around $24 at Duane Reade (in NYC). The products feels the same as the old formula - feels slimey/gooey as you put it in your hair. One on, the product makes your hair stiff and coarse. But not to worry, as many reviewers have mentioned, after you wash this off and condition your hair feels soooo smooth and silky. I left mine on for 5 minutes after shampooing and gently towel drying. Then I washed it off by shampooing twice as instructed. Then I followed with a conditioner which I left on for about 2 minutes. I should mention, I used my own preferred shampoo and conditioner brands, not the Nexxus brand as advised in the Emergencee instruction leaflet. Nonetheless, I'm thrilled by the results. Next time I'll leave the Emergencee on for little longer and condition for longer time as well to see if the results are even better.

I tracked this down at Rickys here in NYC after searching on Makeup Alley for something to revive my highly bleached fine Caucasian hair. The reviews were all so positive I figured I should try it. I had been using coconut oil and leaving it in my hair overnight before washing the next morning but it just wasn't cutting it, it felt dry and looked dull, it was a mess. I clarified first, applied to gently towel dried hair, combed through, after 2 minutes rinsed, shampooed and conditioned. When I blew my hair out, it was softer and silkier than it has been for a long time, and 6 hours later still feels decent when I run my fingers through it.
I have only used it once, but I am sure that with continued weekly use I will continue to see great improvement in my poor hair! It is quite a small bottle but its very thick and concentrated so you shouldn't have to use all that much unless your hair is extremely long and thick. I have medium length hair and I massaged 2 quarter sized dollops through, then combed, then smoothed another dollop about the size of a nickel over my hair.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Great product, if you can find it. :(

on 2/10/2014 5:54:00 AM

Ok so this is my first review of a beauty product! I just had to write a review of this miracle in a bottle...

My hair is naturally quite thick however at the moment I have extremely damaged/dry hair from bleaching (it breaks a lot and the ends are fried) - I have tried many things to help bring it back to life however this is the only thing that has had a major positive impact on my hair.

Using expensive deep conditioning masks was not enough for my hair (and trust me I have tried them all!) - so at the end of my tether I decided to do some major online hair research on the best products out there for bleached damaged hair. Nexxus emergencee had such positive reviews I thought I had to try it!

Well what a great decision - after the first use of Emergencee I noticed a major difference! My hair was no longer fried at the ends and it was not falling out near as much, its almost as if it strengthened it quite a lot after only one use. I use it after shampooing - then I use a deep conditioning hair mask mixed with coconut oil after to add moisture. You need to use a deep conditioning mask after the NexxusvEmergencee or your hair will be dry.

I have actually been getting compliments on my hair again! Which I would not have imagined a few weeks ago!

Only bad point is it is very pricey - around 30 GBP for 100ml... I have already purchased my second bottle as I personally think it is worth every penny.

on 10/13/2013 8:30:00 PM

Just awesome. Like all reviews say. Painfully expensive and on longer, fuller hair the bottle only lasts about three treatments. But, even given that, I keep on buying.

I have bleached blond hair. Nearly white. That kind of kills your hair. And my hair is fine and a bit curly-kinky to start with. So by the end of all that it is dead mush.

But this stuff turns it back to silk. Aphogee two step protein treatment is the only rival. But that takes an hour, near enough. And this takes two minutes.

Have tried every high end reconstructor on the market - Joico K-Pack (modest results only), Nexxus Keraphix (OK -ish), Redken extreme (weak effects only) - none come close. This stuff pretty much is LIQUID SILK IN A BOTTLE. Unlike all the other protein and deep repair products, it doesn't just contain a high amount of keratin like compounds, it also contains tons of liquid collagen.

It is, in short, a (pretty expensive) miracle in a bottle. Hold in mind that my hair is at the terrible end of terrible hair. No everyone will need it. But if you do, then this is The Bombe.

Popular Hair Treatments