Nexxus Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor

Nexxus Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor

4.5

Water (Aqua, Eau), Collagen Amino Acids, Polyacrylamidomethylpropane Sulfonic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Gelatin, Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

on 6/8/2017 3:02:00 PM

After years of bleaching and straightening, my hair was in a really bad condition. It was dull, dry, stretchy, tangled and with lots of breakage and split ends. I've tried all kinds of masks, treatments and sprays from most brands with no effect at all until I found this treatment. I could see the difference in my hair after just one use and after a few treatments I was getting compliments from my friends about my hair. My hair is now strong, soft to touch and with minimal tangling.
I use it weekly after shampooing. I towel dry my hair and apply this treatment and leave it on for 15 minutes while I try to comb it through my hair. It's also good to apply heat for a few minutes. Then I wash my hair, shampoo, condition and finish with a deep hydrating conditioner.
After some time I decided to use this treatment every other week instead of every week, but my hair wasnt as amazing as before so I think its best to use it weekly.
I definitely recommend this product to everyone with damaged hair as it really makes a difference unlike other products I've used.

Been using for 20 years, before, the package changed.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I wish I could use this every week. It's hard to find and quite expensive. The packaging recently changed and perhaps the ingredients

on 10/28/2015 12:56:00 AM

I used this faithfully for about 5 years when it was a 2 oz. bottle for around $18. It was a little difficult to gauge how much I was supposed to use, but it seemed to help counteract some of the damage my daily flat ironing was undoubtedly causing.

Now, it is packaged in 4 tubes for $23. The instructions are to use an entire tube once a week (versus coat the hair every 2 weeks) and leave on for up to 5 minutes (versus the previous version's 2 minutes). It has the same color and the same slippery, odd texture, but it is somehow. . .different. It doesn't work anymore. At all. I get out of the shower after using it, and my hair is not soft--it's tangly and just as dry and frizzy as it was before.

on 5/28/2015 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I spent almost $50 on this to have it shipped to Canada. I wanted to try it that bad based on reviews. It's decent. Not what I was expecting for the price - I wanted something a little more powerful, but it does make hair bouncier and healthier feeling. It doesn't add any considerable shine or silkiness though. Just a healthy bounce and feel, which is nice, but not quite enough for the price. I will not purchase again for the price. I'm positive there's cheaper ones that can do more.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

A little overview of why my hair isn't gummy and stretchy anymore..

About 3 months ago after a salon disaster, and a stubborn attempt to go from jet blue/black hair to blonde in 1 day, I bleached my hair about 3 times, staying up all night long to fix the salon's screw up. DO NOT EVER ATTEMPT THIS AT HOME!!! I completely ruined my strong, beautiful hair. Not only did I fry it beyond repair, but I had a complete chemical melt down of my hair with tons of damage. I was not able to brush it, blowdry it, straighten it, or curl it for weeks! I was at a total loss. The whole entire top layer of my hair had broken off about 8 inches, so now it looks like I have layers.

Let me tell you why I have semi-healthy hair today, 3 months later.. Nexxus emerencee, bed head dumb blonde protein shampoo, Apohogee keratin spray and macademia leave in conditioner. All of these wonderful products combined have brought so much nutrients, and protein back to my broken, fried hair. I no longer put so much heat on my hair, I wear my hair up as much as possible, I shampoo every 3-4 days, I use a good leave-in protein spray, and I don't brush it. If you have found yourself in the same situation, please try this and don't put heat on your hair as much as you can help it. This stuff is a life saver, and will help your hair so much!!

Best stuff ever to put protein back into your hair (short of a sticky, smelly Aphogee 2-step protein treatment, which is great).

They recently started selling these in mini-tubes, which are probably costlier but are very convenient.

Nexxus Polymedic Emergency Reconstructor is also wonderful ... an online seller accidentally sent me that instead of the Emergencee I'd ordered once, and it worked as well or better. (Emergencee has been around a long time, the Polymedic is newer.)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Wow is all I can say! But I guess I should say more since I'm writing a review. Well, this stuff brought my dull, brittle, straw like dark brown hair back to life. It feels softer, silkier and stronger. I have paid thousands and thousands of dollars for treatments, styling products and conditioners only to be disappointed over and over. Even the highly (over)rated Kerastasse products did nothing in terms of smoothing and silkening my hair. I should say the packaging of Emergencee has changed. I had used the product many years ago when it came in a single bottle. And thinking back loved it back then too. Not sure why I stopped buying it, maybe because of the thousands of hair products out there enticing me to try them with hopes that I could possibly achieve even better results. Nothing has compared to Emergencee. Anyways, the new package comes in tubes of 4 and you're supposed to use one tube a week. Though I think people with short hair could stretch one tube into two weeks of application. So the whole thing lasts for 1 month, if you use one tube per week as instructed, and cost me around $24 at Duane Reade (in NYC). The products feels the same as the old formula - feels slimey/gooey as you put it in your hair. One on, the product makes your hair stiff and coarse. But not to worry, as many reviewers have mentioned, after you wash this off and condition your hair feels soooo smooth and silky. I left mine on for 5 minutes after shampooing and gently towel drying. Then I washed it off by shampooing twice as instructed. Then I followed with a conditioner which I left on for about 2 minutes. I should mention, I used my own preferred shampoo and conditioner brands, not the Nexxus brand as advised in the Emergencee instruction leaflet. Nonetheless, I'm thrilled by the results. Next time I'll leave the Emergencee on for little longer and condition for longer time as well to see if the results are even better.

I tracked this down at Rickys here in NYC after searching on Makeup Alley for something to revive my highly bleached fine Caucasian hair. The reviews were all so positive I figured I should try it. I had been using coconut oil and leaving it in my hair overnight before washing the next morning but it just wasn't cutting it, it felt dry and looked dull, it was a mess. I clarified first, applied to gently towel dried hair, combed through, after 2 minutes rinsed, shampooed and conditioned. When I blew my hair out, it was softer and silkier than it has been for a long time, and 6 hours later still feels decent when I run my fingers through it.
I have only used it once, but I am sure that with continued weekly use I will continue to see great improvement in my poor hair! It is quite a small bottle but its very thick and concentrated so you shouldn't have to use all that much unless your hair is extremely long and thick. I have medium length hair and I massaged 2 quarter sized dollops through, then combed, then smoothed another dollop about the size of a nickel over my hair.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Great product, if you can find it. :(

Popular Hair Treatments